PDA

View Full Version : Bob Knight incident

tutall
11-14-2006, 07:59 PM
Hey all... just gotta beef with America in general after this incident.

If coaches would act like this there wouldnt be problems like Miami/FLA ATL... there wouldnt be NBA thugs going into the stands and fighting on the court. There wouldnt be Players dancing after a dunk or a nice pass.... i wish my coach in high school would have been more light knight... we would have won a lot more games than we did.... in a country where people sue over hot coffee, fast food, and cigarettes... when does it stop? pretty soon will the refs have to stop using whistles because it could damage some ears or the teams will no longer be able to keep track of score because it will hurt someones feelings... they already do that in the younger leagues around here... its ridiculous... stepo up and take responsibility to make yourself a decent person... if you cry because you lose a YMCA basketball game you probably shouldnt be playing sports... I dont even want to think about what will change in sports 20 years from now... it kinda makes me SICK to think about it

BMetts
11-14-2006, 09:45 PM
There was no incident. Knight, the player, his parents, the AD and everyone else involved has already said there was nothing out of the ordinary. Typical media sensationalism.

tutall
11-14-2006, 10:07 PM
very true... except it is an issue because of all the attention it has gotten... someone like me that doesnt get Texas Tech games shouldnt even know anything about it yet it is the lead story on Sportscenter

Aikman_TheGreat
11-15-2006, 01:47 AM
My JV team went 27-1 my sophmore year, under a great coach. That same team went 15-16, under a horrible coach on varsity. The difference wasnt just knowledge of the game, but discipline. We respected the coach that disciplined us, and ran over the coach that let anything go. The result was that we won with the JV coach, and lost with the varsity coach. I like what Knight did, that kid didnt need to put his head down, he needed to look the coach in the eye and show some respect.

tigersfan
11-15-2006, 04:14 PM
I have yet to see the tape and probably for good reason as it sounds like a done deal and everyone but the media has moved on. I wish I could have seen last night game as I guess Bob was poking fun at himself.

peterhaskett
11-15-2006, 05:40 PM
I hate the media! I really do! This is so typical now. ESPN has 10,000 media members per state, and they all need a story. So anytime you have a slow night in sports, this crap gets run over and over. Really turning the whole nation into wusses!