PDA

View Full Version : Iverson to be traded???

zachattack9389
12-08-2006, 11:16 PM
breaking news: the owner said for a fact that the sixers will trade iverson. no word yet on what team will get him

Bonds_25
12-09-2006, 02:35 AM
This reminds me a lot of the Manny Ramirez saga in Boston. Every year we hear Manny will be traded and it never happens. I believe the same will hold true for Iverson.

aiancwebb
12-09-2006, 02:47 PM
This reminds me a lot of the Manny Ramirez saga in Boston. Every year we hear Manny will be traded and it never happens. I believe the same will hold true for Iverson.

Nope, he will be traded, there aint no goin back now after everything that has happened in the past week, looks like Denver, Minn., and Boston are the most intrested teams, AI will always be my favorite player no matter where he ends up and I hope that he gets a ring because he deserves one.

WilyWestbrook0
12-09-2006, 03:39 PM
I'll wear my Iverson Sixers jersey for college Finals week out of memoriam. :)

Cardsandbeanies
12-09-2006, 03:45 PM
I want to see him in Boston...LOL

jeremy17
12-13-2006, 08:42 PM
boston and philly rejected an offer from charlotte that would send ofakro to the sixers plus another guy for A.I.

aiancwebb
12-13-2006, 09:11 PM
there are 100 million rumors out there right now, the latest one is AI to the warriors for B-Davis and Biedrins (which I would be very happy with) and then on the Sixers pre-game show Stephen A was talking about a deal between LAC/Philly/Sacramento could go down with Maggs, Livingston, Bibby, and AI all being swapped not counting all the fillers and stuff.

He actually tried to suggest that Livingston would end up in Sacramento with Iverson. So the 76ers would basically be taking Maggette + fillers. Which makes no sense at all for any of the teams involved.

seems like the celtics are dropping out which is what Ainge said earlier today.

basically nobody knows anything at this point, I really hope that a deal gets done soon..

mike34
12-13-2006, 09:13 PM
there are 100 million rumors out there right now, the latest one is AI to the warriors for B-Davis and Biedrins (which I would be very happy with) and then on the Sixers pre-game show Stephen A was talking about a deal between LAC/Philly/Sacramento could go down with Maggs, Livingston, Bibby, and AI all being swapped not counting all the fillers and stuff.

He actually tried to suggest that Livingston would end up in Sacramento with Iverson. So the 76ers would basically be taking Maggette + fillers. Which makes no sense at all for any of the teams involved.

seems like the celtics are dropping out which is what Ainge said earlier today.

basically nobody knows anything at this point, I really hope that a deal gets done soon..
Just heard another rumor on sports network that AI might be going to Miami they are still working out a deal.

justsandersplease
12-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Philly Minnesota and Chicago in a 3 team deal and Minnesota winds up with AI, Chi gets McCants and Griffin and DPs and Philly gets Nocioni, Deng, and DPs.

aiancwebb
12-13-2006, 09:23 PM
yep, I heard about the Miami one with J-Williams, Antoine Walker, and Posey in a 3 team trade.

It's getting ridiculous

slacker
12-14-2006, 01:13 AM
i would love ta see ai in chi town. id still collect iverson as he is one of my 2 fave players. but id still lean on gettin him in 76ers uniform.

Insane Irish
12-14-2006, 11:30 AM
boston and philly rejected an offer from charlotte that would send ofakro to the sixers plus another guy for A.I.

I know I don't follow the NBA as much as I used to, but who is Ofakro??

There are many "rumors", but not too many title contending teams are showing interest in A.I.
I was kinda hoping to see him and Paul Pierce running and gunning, but the C's would have to give up most of their youth and a pick just to get him. I'm not too sure if it's worth it.

justsandersplease
12-14-2006, 11:41 AM
The salary cap is the main stumbling block- nearly any team who's a CONTENDER which is AI's main issue, also has big payroll... and trying to involve a third team to do a deal is like trying to deal with the Yankees with the blessing of the Theo Epstein. I'd just like to see him playing again. Oh, and Okafro is Okafor (typo).

jeremy17
12-14-2006, 06:24 PM
yeh sorry about the typo is actually okafor.He was the rookie of the year in the 04-05 class really good defensive player can play offense too and just a nice big young guy for any team.kinda reminds me of dwight howard of the magic with the style of play okafor plays with.

LakersMC
12-14-2006, 07:04 PM
What's the latest on this? Espn said earlier in the week he was going to be traded on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. It's Thursday now...

aiancwebb
12-14-2006, 07:07 PM
the latest is AI to Miami for 3-4 of these guys

Jason Williams
Haslem
Dorell Wright
Posey
Antoine Walker

jeremy17
12-14-2006, 07:19 PM
miami can't get rid of walker obecause that will hurt them bad however getting rid of williams plus wright and 1 other would'nt be too bad.

Bonds_25
12-15-2006, 01:21 AM
What's the latest on this? Espn said earlier in the week he was going to be traded on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. It's Thursday now...

I tell you I wouldn't be surprised at all if he isn't traded, or at least drags on like the Artest situation did. Philly is not going to trade AI just to trade him but at the same time teams are not willing to give up young players when its already been determined that AI will be moved.

mike34
12-15-2006, 04:22 AM
miami can't get rid of walker obecause that will hurt them bad however getting rid of williams plus wright and 1 other would'nt be too bad.
They have been trying to get rid of walkers contract for sometime now,He is just not producing.
He must be in one hell of a slump LOL.

Cardsandbeanies
12-15-2006, 06:13 PM
1 week down, many more to go...LOL

spydermat
12-15-2006, 06:41 PM
anyone else getting tired of the drama? i like AI and i want to see him succeed, but im tired of hear "breaking news,(insert another random trade rumor) blah blah blah...... lol who all is interested in him now? i havnet watched anything today because of finals.

Bonds_25
12-15-2006, 06:45 PM
anyone else getting tired of the drama? i like AI and i want to see him succeed, but im tired of hear "breaking news,(insert another random trade rumor) blah blah blah...... lol who all is interested in him now? i havnet watched anything today because of finals.

You can thank the media for a good portion of that. It seems networks like ESPN spend more time discussing off the field crap than the games themselves.

aiancwebb
12-15-2006, 09:39 PM
You can thank the media for a good portion of that. It seems networks like ESPN spend more time discussing off the field crap than the games themselves.

I agree with you 100%

And to answer your question spydermat the Nuggets "supposedly" are very close to finalizing a deal and all they need is a 3rd team to take Nene.

Knight
12-16-2006, 12:40 AM
I hope Miami doesn't trade away a 3rd of the team just to get Iverson. I'm sure he'll help and it'll be cool to see wade and iverson score 30 points each lol. But getting rid of core players that help every night can be worse in the end if the rest of the team sucks.

Bonds_25
12-16-2006, 02:28 AM
I don't ever see how Iverson, Wade, and Shaq could play on the same team. There just wouldn't be enough basketballs to go around. You're talking about 3 of the biggest stars in the sport, and two of the biggest egos in Iverson and Shaq.

lghoops92
12-16-2006, 08:05 PM
idk who they should send him to. any team would have to change their entire gameplan to revolve around him, and he would not work well with another big star. everyone knows he's great, but who's going to successfully trade for him without changing their entire gameplan? it's going to be a very interesting outcome, and probably complicated.

Bonds_25
12-16-2006, 11:04 PM
I think Minnesota would be a nice fit for AI. Garnett has never been a 20-25 shot per game type of guy. He simply will not allow himself to dominate a game. He's always wanted that second star around him and Marbury was the closest thing he has ever had to it.

gosoxx777
12-17-2006, 12:44 AM
i agree i think he'll be good with KG

tutall
12-17-2006, 01:15 AM
I think... even though i dont want to see it... he would be a good fit on the pacers... if they trade Stephen Jackson and Jamaal Tinsley they would clear out some space for him.... The only problem would be with the salary issues but with JO and AI.. that could be a great combo IMO

the_future
12-17-2006, 02:38 AM
Nope, he will be traded, there aint no goin back now after everything that has happened in the past week, looks like Denver, Minn., and Boston are the most intrested teams, AI will always be my favorite player no matter where he ends up and I hope that he gets a ring because he deserves one.

I agree 100%. AI will always be my fav. Even though I'm a huge Amare fan. AI does deserve a ring. He is one of the greatest players ever. He WILL be traded. He demanded one.