PDA

View Full Version : Doing something nice bites me in the ...

tierre_brown
12-21-2006, 11:42 PM
Wallet. Bid on this ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320062175594&rd=1&rd=1 ) for someone, only to have them tell me they don't want it anymore ... and I managed to win it...

I don't really like printing plates (unless there's an auto on it), so I don't really have a use for it. I do like Daniel Gibson and $30 is cheap for any rookie 1/1, I guess, so I may end up keeping it. Still, if anyone is interested...

sportsguyryan
12-22-2006, 12:00 AM
Wow, whoever did that to you is an ***.

kittykatlynn
12-22-2006, 12:04 AM
ya that person is, the card is still nice though

tierre_brown
12-22-2006, 12:08 AM
lol, don't want to call him an ***. I'd say there were probably circumstances (mainly money) that kept him from being able to buy it...

hookerclan
12-22-2006, 02:04 AM
if your looking to trade it you can check my site. thanks, hooker

tradebark
12-22-2006, 04:48 AM
yeah that's a pretty shady thing to do :[

even if it's a money issue, i mean how hard can it be to come up with 26 bucks, honestly? the guy should fork up the money.

teacheric
12-22-2006, 02:20 PM
What a jerk. Have someone make you commit your dollars then they decide to break off the agreement AFTER the fact! They should have thought it out beforehand.

sportsguyryan
12-23-2006, 02:27 PM
That's funny, he probably was the seller of the card, so he wanted you to bid on it. LMAO.

11chaos
12-23-2006, 04:37 PM
While I don't agree with what this guy did to you I must say to tradebark this, "Are you married or ever have life happen to you?" I am married and sometimes to keep the wife happy I must change my mind about buying things, it happens. As for life happening, you know it does.

Not trying to be confrontational.

even if it's a money issue, i mean how hard can it be to come up with 26 bucks, honestly?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Reggie_Miller
12-23-2006, 04:53 PM
I think I know who you're talking about...

tradebark
12-23-2006, 06:24 PM
While I don't agree with what this guy did to you I must say to tradebark this, "Are you married or ever have life happen to you?" I am married and sometimes to keep the wife happy I must change my mind about buying things, it happens. As for life happening, you know it does.

Not trying to be confrontational.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I'm not married but I have had life happen to me, but apart from this rhetorical BS, NO self-respecting person will do this to another person.

you ask a favor of a guy... and make HIM lose money because of your circumstances??? An I-Owe-You would be justifiable but not straight up backing out.

And I stand by my belief that 26 dollars is chump change even for ANYONE in this hobby, especially in this day and age.

11chaos
12-24-2006, 01:37 PM
tb,
I can't agree with the chump change remark. What rhetorical BS are you talking about? PM me if you want to. Don't want to get nasty either.

I wouldn't do it. I would sell some of my Steelers or Schaub stuff before I would do that actually. btw I don't let go of my PC for anything.

tradebark
12-25-2006, 09:00 PM
I am saying that obviously there are ridiculous situations where one can go from wanting to buy a $30 basketball card to not wanting to because they literally have no money for it...

but that RARELY happens and I for one am inclined to think this is NOT one of those situations. That said, it's just rhetorical bs to say that "oh things happen"

If money is so tight in the first place, you don't ask other people to bid on something for you as a favor, especially without fronting the money.

If money is so tight in the first place, you don't collect basketball cards. This is a hobby where most packs cost upwards of $5 a piece, and as a general rule people buy much more than that in a given month.

..and really, how little would you have to respect a guy, to stick him with the bill on your food.. over $26 or $30 ?