PDA

View Full Version : College Basketball....Can't wait for march madness!! Predictions?

corys763
01-16-2007, 06:21 PM
I think Kansas will win it all...i dunno why and im not really a kansas fan but i really like their team!!

for the final four...
I would like Kansas, UNC, Wisconsin, Florida!!
sleepers...Ohio State, Pitt!!

the_future
01-16-2007, 08:37 PM
I think Kansas will win it all...i dunno why and im not really a kansas fan but i really like their team!!

for the final four...
I would like Kansas, UNC, Wisconsin, Florida!!
sleepers...Ohio State, Pitt!!

I am very glad there is someone who likes NCAA Basketball just as much as me! :)

Well, I am a HUGE Arizona Wildcat fan, and I think by them getting Chase Buddinger :) and still having Marcus Williams and Mustafu Shakur, and the rest of some of there returning starters back from last year they will have a great run in the tournament. I HOPE they can win it all, and despite me being a huge fan of them I do think they will win it all!

Some sleepers: Alabama and Virginia Tech (WOW!!! They beat Duke and UNC in the same week! Watch out for the Hokies in the big dance!)

Final Four Predictions: Arizona, Alabama, Ohio St., Florida

BMetts
01-17-2007, 12:28 AM
I think Kansas is overrated this year...maybe next year if everyone sticks around...

Anyway, I think UNC and UCLA will definitely be there...I think Florida will choke this year...I think my Kentucky Wildcats have a chance to make it this year...and I'm going to pick Butler as a sleeper team.

the_future
01-17-2007, 01:13 AM
Well did anyone see the OSU and Texas college basketball game?!?! It was crazy! OSU won 105-103 in triple (that's right triple) overtime!!! It was 100 - 102, and Texas was down with about 20 seconds, and Durant made a layup and was fouled with 10 seconds to tie the game! He made the FT to put Texas up 103-102, but there was still time left for OSU. OSU came down and drilled a 3 to put them up 105-103 with not enough time for Texas to do anything! Despite, Durant's big game (36 points I think), OSU played great, and is underrated IMO after I saw this game! They will be in the Big Dance for sure, and could go pretty deep into the tournament.

gasuga
01-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Final Four----

Ohio State
Syracuse
Wisconsin
Alabama

tutall
01-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Final Four -

Wisconsin
UNC
Florida
UCLA

Ohio State is very overrated IMO... they have lost to every good team they have played this year... Florida, UNC, Wisconsin and Indiana only lost by like 6 at OSU... Oden has not came to play in the big ones

and butler as a sleeper? i think they will make the tourney but not get farther than the Sweet 16... Mid Majors always do better at the beginning of the season because they usually have a lot of seniors and a team that has been together for 2-3 years.... Top teams have so many players go pro every year it is tough for them to get ready to play the first few games of the season

thetaxman777
01-19-2007, 05:20 PM
UNC probably has the most talented team, but they don't always show up ready to play, which isn't good in March Madness. Kansas also has a lot of talent, but they have had a good team the past two years and for some reason they were on the losing side of two big upsets the past two tournys. Its hard to pick a final four because you don't know how tehy will be seeded, but my top four teams would have to be (in no order) UNC, UCLA, Florida, Ohio State. Some sleeper teams that could do some damage would be Virginia Tech and Tennessee.

the_future
01-19-2007, 07:55 PM
thetaxman777 - I also think Virginia Tech is a sleeper. I like there chances a lot since they have already beat some great teams such as Duke and UNC.

Does anyone think Arizona has a chance at winning it all this year?

Livin4God24seven
01-20-2007, 02:26 PM
the pokes baby i love my cowboys

Final four

Kansas
North Carolina
Oklahoma State
(cinderella team like every year like george mason)

teacheric
01-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Final Four:

Pitt
UCLA
Wisconsin
MARQUETTE!!! Such a homer pick...but I am a fan!

telfair31wright15
01-22-2007, 01:06 AM
Final Four...
UCLA
Wisconsin
Florida
Texas A&M

gasuga
01-26-2007, 05:33 PM
All I know is Paul Harris is gonna lead Syracuse on another 'melo' run to the title

teacheric
01-27-2007, 01:08 AM
All I know is Paul Harris is gonna lead Syracuse on another 'melo' run to the title

Dream on...

nman0808
01-27-2007, 10:29 AM
No kiddin, that wont happen, if it does you can come back to this thread and throw it in my face.

telfair31wright15
01-28-2007, 02:59 AM
Sorry... 'Cuse isnt going anywhere this year.

DAN
01-28-2007, 09:34 PM
North Carolina Will Win It All !

dirtydistance
01-29-2007, 12:04 AM
how about Arkansas or Florida, I thought the SEC was Superior!

How bout Wisconsin!

devilsrok13
01-29-2007, 07:50 PM
final 4
unc
stanford
wisconsin
kansas

winner wisconsin

DAN
01-29-2007, 09:54 PM
dirtydistance! we are talking about basketball now! do you know the difference between football and basketball.i guess not!

dirtydistance
01-30-2007, 10:39 PM
haha, I'm talking SEC, Dan..It's superior in everything. Every sport across. Always a title contender in just about every sport. Track and Field for example, Arkansas, Tennessee...I could go on, just bball, football and track are my college sport focus

Livin4God24seven
01-30-2007, 10:42 PM
idk if you guys follow florida or arkansas but yes in BKB they are dominating arkansas blew out bama twice this year

tutall
01-31-2007, 10:07 PM
How Bout That Wisconsin!

dirtydistance
01-31-2007, 10:14 PM
shoulda put ur money where ur mouth is, in the betting forum..yes, i'm an idiot. i didnt do any bets on that game. but i'm doing this experimental thing where i pick every game in the country and see how i do, to study trends, and yes, i had Indiana

tutall
01-31-2007, 11:41 PM
im not really the betting kind..... just love my hoosiers

dirtydistance
02-02-2007, 12:32 AM
yeah i shouldn't be either
know who sucks?

Duke

I mean what are these guys, all the top recruits in the country and they can't even beat the measly Virginia Cavaliers. Go to school for nothing and play like that...pathetic

DAN
02-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Duke Is Better Than Any Sec Team! North Carolina Will Win It All!

nman0808
02-02-2007, 10:08 PM
N.C. starts three freshman, I doubt they will win. Im going with Ohio State.

tutall
02-02-2007, 10:37 PM
you say no to NC but OSU starts at least 2 freshmen oden and connely and i know another frosh at least plays a big part of the rotation

pr0phet
02-04-2007, 12:44 AM
How Bout That Wisconsin!

Come on Mitch, you gotta admit there were some MAJOR homer calls in that game. How can somebody go up for a rebound and come down bloody on the skull when he didnt fall. I wouldnt call it incedental contact!!!!...

I still think the game was awfully close in favor of indiana, but to hear the Badgers in foul trouble at 10 minutes remaining 2nd half is nuts. Going into that game there was not 1 player to foul out for wisconsin all season.

I know its late but Bama is not a top team. They have had 3 MAJOR losses this year with at least 2 of them comming at home. I cant consider bama a thread.

Kansas/NC I agree with.. Talent is there but they must show up.

In my honest opinion UCLA/Flordia and Wisconsin are head and shoulders above the rest of the league. Bruins and Gators know how to play in your face basketball and put on a show while the Badgers are more often then not the most fundamentally sound team in the league. They dont turn the ball over/stay out of foul trouble and play smart basketball.

tutall
02-05-2007, 01:35 AM
Come on Mitch, you gotta admit there were some MAJOR homer calls in that game. How can somebody go up for a rebound and come down bloody on the skull when he didnt fall. I wouldnt call it incedental contact!!!!...

I still think the game was awfully close in favor of indiana, but to hear the Badgers in foul trouble at 10 minutes remaining 2nd half is nuts. Going into that game there was not 1 player to foul out for wisconsin all season.

thats big ten ball though... IU got screwed multiple times at iowa this weekend but hey.. its part of the game.... i do think wisconsin is a pretty solid team all the way around but alondo is going to need some help down the stretch and into the dance if they want to go to the final four.

and as far as the elbow to the head... that was definate incidental contact. He was going down towards the ball and his elbow hit a player who was ducking nder his arm. It happens all the time just usually the player doesnt bleed.

Come tournament time though as of what i have seen so far

Wisconsin
Florida
UCLA
UNC - even though they lost but again... on the road in a tough place to play

i like texas and texas AM as sleeper teams come march. If Durant keeps it up he can be one of the best freshman D1 has ever seen

pr0phet
02-05-2007, 01:31 PM
I agree,
Hoosierville is definetly a tough place to play... Even though I have never been in the area I just get the feeling that the history of the Hoosiers allowed fans to really get into basketball.

I have to disagree with you on UNC though.. They are just one step ahead of Duke and show up a bit more often.. They get involved in a run and gun game, I dont think they could keep up.

Jay

nman0808
02-05-2007, 10:10 PM
you say no to NC but OSU starts at least 2 freshmen oden and connely and i know another frosh at least plays a big part of the rotation

Syracuse won with two freshman in 03 (Melo and McNamara), no team has ever won with 3. Also Oden isnt your typical freshman, Im staying with Ohio State.

the_future
02-06-2007, 01:42 AM
yeah i shouldn't be either
know who sucks?

Duke

I mean what are these guys, all the top recruits in the country and they can't even beat the measly Virginia Cavaliers. Go to school for nothing and play like that...pathetic

I agree. They have had some bad losses this year, and their point guard Paulas has been inconsistent and struggling. I don't think they will go deep in the tournament in March. I think Duke will make it to the Sweet 16 at BEST. They are going to need to do a lot of improving between now and the tournament if they want to go deeper in March.

tutall
02-06-2007, 11:24 AM

Syracuse won with two freshman in 03 (Melo and McNamara), no team has ever won with 3. Also Oden isnt your typical freshman, Im staying with Ohio State.

i somewhat agree with you on OSU but i was just wondering because UNC has some pretty good feshman as well... Oden isnt nearly the player Connely is though. I have seen them both play in high school (they both were on the same team) and connely is much more impressive in person. He is a true leader instead of a giant. I think if Oden stays in school for another 1-2 years he will be dominant just right now he just doesnt have something. I dont even kow for sure what it is but at times he looks uninterested andbored on the floor. Against Indiana there were stretches DJ White dominated him which truthfully shouldnt happen

gasuga
02-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Im tellin syracuse will be a dangerous team if they get in, 3 senior forwards----Nichols is $ when he gets goin.

Harris is dominant when he gets his confidence up

Livin4God24seven
02-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Im tellin syracuse will be a dangerous team if they get in, 3 senior forwards----Nichols is $ when he gets goin.

Harris is dominant when he gets his confidence up

Oklahoma State beat them and what has the cowboys done since NOTHING they suck horribly especially on the road so if the pokes beat them in Madison Sqaure Garden then how can syracuse win in the tourney?

tutall
02-15-2007, 02:30 PM
what happens earlier in the season means nothing. Usually the best team in November is a team with a lot of experience and have played together a lot. by the end of the season the freshman have gotten to know the game and it is a completely different ballgame. Not saying Cuse is good or bad for that matter but you can rarely go by what happened in November

jaybiddyforeal
03-10-2007, 02:10 PM
its simple...doesnt matter who the final 4 is im just gonna give you the winner.... THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA!!!!plain and simple best team..End of reply..

nman0808
03-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Sticking with Ohio State.

tylermckinzie
03-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Rock.... Chalk..... Jayhawk.... K-U!!

pr0phet
03-11-2007, 01:52 AM
Is it just me or does there seem to be flaws with everybody

Ohio St.
Defened Oden and Conley and that team is going to seriously suffer
Whisky
Same thing to Tucker and Tayler

UCLA
Likes to not show up on occasion

UNC
Somebody plays defense against them,NC is screwed

Flordia
The little bit of these guys I watched, pressure pressure pressure.. Still show signs that they are not clicking as a team.

Kansas,
The last one I will comment about because I know NOTHING about them.

redmac04
03-11-2007, 06:57 PM
wisconsin will not make it to the final four. there hopes went down with brian butch and now they have to get through florida to make florida will repeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shortking98
03-12-2007, 01:44 PM
The best team in the country right now is Georgetown. All 5 of their starters are dangerous, especially Jeff Green and they are a very good defensive team. I have them winning over Kansas, who has also been hot lately

gasuga
03-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Goin with the Final four of this, since the committee screwed my guys from Cuse

UCLA, Marquette, Florida, Ohio State

Fonda1119
03-14-2007, 06:22 AM
with all due respect to the Orange, they didn't leave New York until January!!! if they would have had one decent road win in nonconference play they would've been in (even though I think they're better than Arkansas and Illinois). That being said, here are my predictions:

Final Four:
Oregon- did anybody see them rip through the Pac-10 tourney? They won by an average margin of over 20 points!
Kansas
Ohio State
Georgetown

with Kansas beating Georgetown in the final. Georgetown and Oregon are the hottest teams in the country. I also think that Texas bounces UNC in the sweet 16. Texas really really reminds me of that 'Cuse team that won it all with Carmelo. If Durant stays hot that team can beat anyone.

drpid
03-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Anyone interested in getting in a Pickem?

andrewcstein
03-15-2007, 01:04 PM
with all due respect to the Orange, they didn't leave New York until January!!! if they would have had one decent road win in nonconference play they would've been in (even though I think they're better than Arkansas and Illinois). That being said, here are my predictions:

Final Four:
Oregon- did anybody see them rip through the Pac-10 tourney? They won by an average margin of over 20 points!
Kansas
Ohio State
Georgetown

with Kansas beating Georgetown in the final. Georgetown and Oregon are the hottest teams in the country. I also think that Texas bounces UNC in the sweet 16. Texas really really reminds me of that 'Cuse team that won it all with Carmelo. If Durant stays hot that team can beat anyone.

Completely agree with the Durant/Melo comparison.
I have Kansas, Texas, UF and Texas A&M (their losses are all close, I think this team can grit it out with anyone). I have Texas losing to Kansas in the Final.

I like Oregon, but they're too streaky, but I flirted with having them go farther.

TheTGB
03-15-2007, 10:03 PM
I have Ohio St., Florida, Georgetown, and UCLA. I think UCLA has a pretty easy road to the Elite 8 at least.

rchurchward
03-16-2007, 01:48 PM
I have Ohio St., Florida, Georgetown, and UCLA. I think UCLA has a pretty easy road to the Elite 8 at least.

I've got Florida, UCLA, Georgetown and Memphis, with Georgetown and Florida in the final.

the_future
03-16-2007, 01:51 PM
I've got Florida, UCLA, Georgetown and Memphis, with Georgetown and Florida in the final.

I predicted Memphis to be eliminated in the second round by #10 seed Creighton. :)

timstauffer2010
03-16-2007, 01:56 PM
i can not believe duke just got knocked out

amazing win for VSU

shortking98
03-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Duke sucked this year, that shouldn't have been a huge suprise. Also it was VCU not VSU

timstauffer2010
03-16-2007, 02:02 PM
yeah VCU sorry

and Duke was not as good as recent years, but i didn't think they would get knocked out in the first round

shortking98
03-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I'm surprised they even got a 6 seed, they had a down year and I believe they got by just on the Duke name alone for seeding all year

timstauffer2010
03-16-2007, 02:50 PM
haha

probablly

the_future
03-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Go Arizona!!! They are down by a few points against Purdue, but I'm not worried yet. Arizona has so many players that are looking at the next level (the NBA), and they need to focus on playing college bball, because they may be surprised when it comes to the NBA Draft, and they don't hear their name called. The Wildcats this year have all the "pieces to the puzzle", but they don't even try to play defense. They have been on and off this year. I really hope they show up today against Purdue.

tutall
03-16-2007, 09:16 PM
i hope illinois can pull this one off

the_future
03-16-2007, 10:20 PM
Illinois lost. :( I thought Illinois had the best chance of the #12 seeds to upset a #5 seed.

BigPapi
03-18-2007, 05:38 PM
The highest seed to bow out so far is Wisconsin a #2 seed they lost toUNLV a #7. What a joke UW is and about Ohio State being overrated and Oden not coming up big that is a joke. Oden played almost the entire year with one good hand and it was his left hand. He is RIGHT handed. Now the cast is off and Mike Conley JR is emerging as a star the Buckeyes are going to make a push for the Final 4 possibly the title.

usctr0jans
03-18-2007, 07:41 PM
wow amazing game by usc!!!

tutall
03-18-2007, 11:32 PM
UNLV is a good team with a GREAT coach... not surprising at all that they won.... dont know why the hating on them... they were a damn good team and beat your buckeyes this year splitting the season 1-1... Alondo Tucker was the best player in the Big Ten this year and i think if brian butch was 100% they would still be playing. O well.. ya win some you lose some... i think texas going out is a bigger surprise.... a lot of people had them going deep into the tourney

nman0808
03-19-2007, 07:22 PM
I think Ohio State is still gonan win it all, espcially after that close call against Xavier.

andrewcstein
03-19-2007, 07:25 PM
I think Ohio State is still gonan win it all, espcially after that close call against Xavier.

Ha! That's gotta be a reverse jinx, coming from a Michigan fan, right? I love it :)

Go Blue!

timstauffer2010
03-19-2007, 08:49 PM
i cant believe texas went down

anyone think durant will come back?

tutall
03-20-2007, 07:02 PM
anyone think durant will come back?

If he does i will be amazed

timstauffer2010
03-20-2007, 09:38 PM
yeha me 2

he's ready to get paid lol

Fonda1119
03-21-2007, 12:20 PM
that game showed that durant still needs more experience before he makes the jump. he looked really nervous. his stats were fine but if you watched the game you could tell something was off. i don't think scouts are gonna dig that.

andrewcstein
03-21-2007, 12:43 PM
I think Durant could have taken a dump on the court, and then rolled around in it the entire game, and still not have it hurt his draft position.

timstauffer2010
03-21-2007, 01:28 PM
well he's still gonna be like the first pick

i cant imagine!

the kid is like......my age!

that game showed that durant still needs more experience before he makes the jump. he looked really nervous. his stats were fine but if you watched the game you could tell something was off. i don't think scouts are gonna dig that.

timstauffer2010
03-21-2007, 01:29 PM
but it would have been very disgusting!:icon_eek:

I think Durant could have taken a dump on the court, and then rolled around in it the entire game, and still not have it hurt his draft position.

andrewcstein
03-21-2007, 01:31 PM
but it would have been very disgusting!:icon_eek:

It would have been a fitting metaphor for the way texas played in that game

timstauffer2010
03-21-2007, 03:30 PM
yeah well that is true Lol

i Don't think he cares anymore.......he's about to get his payday

andrewcstein
03-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Durant, when asked about his emotions, said: “I have a sour taste in my mouth. I kind of regret not playing as hard as I could today"

That pisses me off a lot.