PDA

View Full Version : Weird Mailday...

the_future
01-30-2007, 11:25 PM
OK, so I bought a Daniel Gibson Bowman Elevation 1/1 RC of ebay back in the middle of November 2006. I paid a huge chunk of change for this card, that I probably shouldn't have, but still did, because I wanted it for my PC really badly. Anyways, I send the money order, which was I think somewhere in the range of $40-$50, about 2 days after the purchase. He received it a couple days later and lets me know he did. I went on ebay to ask the person politely when they planned on shipping the card, but the person was no longer a registered member on ebay!!!!! I quickly realized that the person could had just ripped me off nearly 50 dollars! Then I believe I waited a few days for the card to come my way, but it never did. At this point I was so mad at the seller, I thought I was NEVER going to receive my card, so I decided to stop collecting Daniel Gibson, because I thought my collection was taking a huge hit for me this way.

After about a week or two of waiting and no receiving anything from this seller I decided to go on a hunt on some trading sites to find him. Therefore, I go on beckett.com and saw that the person was trying to trade the card about a week or two before he bought it on ebay. Therefore, since it was a 1/1 I knew for sure I was contacting the right person, and I let him know politely that I was still expecting to get the card. He responded about a week later, and he let me know he shipped it a while back ago and that he would check in with the post office or something like that. He lied obviously, because I didn't receive in anything in the next few weeks. Anyways, I sent PMs politely and patiently back and forth and I ended up getting the card 2-3 days ago in the mail, and it was a complete shock. I am just glad to have the card in my possession now.

Thanks for the long read.

BTW, the card is FT/FS. It's a 2006-07 Bowman Elevation Daniel Gibson 1/1.

Buschmaster
01-30-2007, 11:30 PM
I love the transition from...

I am just gald to have the card in my possession now.

to...

BTW, the card is FT/FS.

That's always exciting when you've given up all hope to receive a card!

gatorboymike
01-31-2007, 04:30 AM
Same thing happened to me with a 1911 Murad tobacco card. Paid for it, nothing for two weeks, seller de-registers and disappears, I feel cheated and pissed off, then out of nowhere the seller calls me on the phone, and says whoops my bad! One week later I get the thing in the mail.

Blew my friggin' mind. In four years I've only been screwed over once on eBay, and I was glad that time wasn't the second.