PDA

View Full Version : BGS 9 graded card.. what to do

tradebark
03-15-2007, 01:46 AM
Hey all

I recently bought a BGS 9 Monta Ellis Chrome RC XFractor /90 off eBay (9.5 centering/corners/edges with surface 8.5)

now this is my only BGS graded card and only my 2nd graded card at all.. Should I be figuring out a way to crack open this case so I can put it in a binder (like the rest of my Ellis cards are) or just keep it as is or what?

I'm kind of annoyed by how huge the case is, and like I said the rest of my Ellis cards are just in a binder..

brandonb110
03-15-2007, 02:16 AM
trade- i dont know much about graded cards or anything except that being graded makes it worth a lot more.. and you prob had to pay a little extra for it since it was graded.. i would keep it in the case if i were you but if your just keeping them for your own personal reasons and want it in the binder go for it.. but if your planning on getting rid of it ever then keep it in the case

springwoodslasher
03-15-2007, 04:23 AM
I'm not a big fan of graded cards either. I hate how the case is so big you have to lay it down flat as opposed to stand it up like top loaders and screwdowns/magnetic holders. I only have 2 graded cards. They both are only graded 8.5, but I kept them in the BGS holders anyway because I'm afraid I'll damage the cards. I say keep it in the holder unless you think you can get the card out safely.

Fishkid04
03-15-2007, 04:07 PM
I would deff keep it inside the holder, there not easy to open at all. Ive trashed a few cards trying to get them out!

i know keep all my graded cards in the cases

Jermaniac07
03-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Ive cracked one open before...(96-97 SPx Gold Jermaine O;Neal) it was graded an 8.5.....But its not an easy task...It took me like an hour or so to get into that stupid case...

BCUS28
03-15-2007, 04:15 PM
I'd leave it as is, likely it's more valuable as BGS9 than ungraded. Also, I despise binders!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

tradebark
03-15-2007, 05:05 PM
i just like the look of having parallels next to each other :) I've got his base chrome, black refractor /399, gold refractor /99, and this blue xfractor /90.. just missing the regular refractor for my "set".. well that and the superfractor which I'm unlikely to ever get..

for my more valuable cards (or thicker ones) i put them in toploaders+team bag

but for just regular inserts and parallels they go in the binder for easy viewing :P

Sigh.. I guess it stays in there for now.. I'll ask my dealer if he knows how to crack them open easily

BCUS28
03-15-2007, 05:17 PM
I've never opened a BGS case, but maybe a Dremel would work?