PDA

View Full Version : Kobe is a thug.

Lithium
03-17-2007, 01:44 AM
Edit: I feel like Kobe, among many other players, plays dirty.

Sure he has tons of talent. I wont deny that. But why cant he use that talent to win games for the lakers without trying to hurt other players?

Edit: It seems like very few refs will make any call against a superstar like LeBron, Wade, Kobe, Garnett, etc down the stretch (see lakers vs spurs.)

Edit: I am a little frustrated at him because I feel like he commited a foul on Brandon Roy that wasn't called, that sent b-roy into the first row, so Kobe could get open for a 3 pointer which he made to take the lead in OT. No offensive foul was called.

Edit: And on top of that, him and his teammates Lamar Odom and Kwame Brown, attempted to start a fight with the Blazers, as the three went and entered Portlands huddle at a timeout

I really like Roni Turiaf and Andrew Bynum, but apart from them, I dont have much respect for the lakers anymore.

Tonight, I thought the lakers stole this game.

I guess If the NBA agrees with me, they will do what they need to do.

EDIT: I realize that this post was a little bit harsh, and I think it can be attributed to jealousy, Kobe is an amazing basketball player, and I guess he does whatever it takes to win. If I should be mad at anyone here, it is the refs who didnt make the call, and the Blazers themselves for not being able to overcome it. Sorry to anyone I may have offended.

WilyWestbrook0
03-17-2007, 01:46 AM
I have a feeling this thread won't be constructive, but hopefully it can somehow be ..

Lithium
03-17-2007, 02:00 AM
why cant it be constructive? apart from my opinions, these are all things that have happened, and I can provide sources to prove.

WilyWestbrook0
03-17-2007, 02:09 AM
There are many Laker fans who could get irritated by your remarks that players are 'thugs' and 'gangsters'. I hope it doesn't become that way, but I have posted on forums for years now, and these kinds of threads generally don't go over too well. Just so you understand, though, it won't be edited unless it gets out of hand.

tradebark
03-17-2007, 04:54 AM
Eh it's one game, I didn't actually watch this one so I'll address the rest.. <br />
<br />
On the rape allegations, hey, the case was dropped so for all intents and purposes he's innocent until proven guilty.....

MDIZZ
03-17-2007, 04:59 AM
i remember when chris childs kicked da boyz --- man that was the ----, i think there is a gif of that flying around somewhere.

lol @ kwame bein a gangster hahaha thats funny the dude couldnt catch.... well he couldnt catch something very catchable dude has stone hands overpaid aswell, i cant believe the lakers traded an allstar(caron butler) for this dude.... oh well as a spurs fan im glad, and i completely agree w/ u

tutall
03-17-2007, 09:27 AM
This coming from a blazer fan? The Blazers have about the worst rep in the NBA.... Everytime i read something in the paper about the blazers it is either about the latest player to get arrested on...

brandonb110
03-17-2007, 12:15 PM
i agree with tutall.. i think your forgetting about the former Portland Jail Blazers

Lithium
03-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Yeah I remember the days of the Jail Blazers, and I'm not at all proud of it. The blazers havent had a player in drug trouble in 3 years however. More recently Lindsay Hunter has been suspended ten...

Hoopladawg87
03-31-2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah I remember the days of the Jail Blazers, and I'm not at all proud of it. The blazers havent had a player in drug trouble in 3 years however. More recently Lindsay Hunter has been suspended ten games for violating the leagues drug policy.

Birdman Chris Anderson got a 3 year suspension for drug violations.

but none of those teams really have bad images.

it was two years. and the birdman will be back january 27th, 2008... :)

the_future
03-31-2007, 11:38 PM
I thought Chris Anderson was kicked out of the league for good? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Reggie_Miller
04-01-2007, 03:20 PM
phoenixsunsfan1- nah, we all wish he was :) but nah, he's still able to play once his suspension is over.

nman0808
04-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Edit: It seems like very few refs will make any call against a superstar like LeBron, Wade, Kobe, Garnett, etc down the stretch (see lakers vs spurs.)

I completey agree with this. Last year in the finals, Wade shot more free throws than the whole Mavs team. That was BS, Mavs should have won.
I know that happened a year, but it still makes me mad.

campolo
04-03-2007, 02:11 PM
The man made history and you want to bash that? He accomplish only few dream about and you want to take that way with his past? And how do you not compare to Jordan when everyone is comparing him to Jordan? Seem like you have a bitterness in you. I can't blame you when Kobe torch the Blazers.