PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* Am I the only one who hates Topps more than UD?

tierre_brown
04-22-2007, 01:01 PM
So I've had some minor issues with Topps in the past (not getting GU/auto in box, getting damaged cards not replaced, etc), but nothing too bad. I mean, the horror stories I hear about UD (I had to wait 2 years for a card that finally came...too bad it had no value by the time it came out) are 10x worse.

Well, I personally hate Topps more than UD now. Why?

Stupid 05-06 Finest draft redemptions! I was expecting a #11 (JJ Redick) x-fractor #/9 ... instead I get a #10 (Saer Sene!?) refractor #/19...or, wait, it's #9/19, I guess they got SOMETHING right...I don't really know what I can do since it's not like UD's redemption system where there's a serial # and all that to keep track of everything. I didn't even take a picture, and the eBay auction I won it for is long gone...

I'll be pissed if customer service doesn't do anything about this...

vikingfan101
04-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Wow thats a bunch of bull! I personally have a big beef with Topps myself because of my Topps Triple Threads break where all cards were damaged and a half eaten lollipop was INSIDE a pack, and they SENT BACK MY DAMAGED CARDS UNREPLACED!

I called Customer Service, no help. Called there District Headquarters as well, never got ahold of someone but left messages. I plan on calling again next week ... I would hate to be the person who answers my call ... well leave it at that.

tierre_brown
04-22-2007, 04:35 PM
Wow...a half-eaten lollipop on top of a whole box of damaged cards? That doesn't even sound like something you could make up...and they didn't even replace it...wow...just wow

Let me know how that goes, I want to see if it's worth complaining or if I should just swallow it, accept the loss, and NEVER BUY TOPPS AGAIN...

zachattack9389
04-22-2007, 07:17 PM
i have personally never had a problem with topps, in fact the last 5 boxes i have bought were topps and i hit mojo every time! haha they screwed up on my redemption too...i was expecting joel freeland and got paul millsap, so i'm not complaining...but yours involves some very high end cards, so i would definitely be pissed...haha a half-eaten lollipop: that is ridiculous

gatorboymike
04-22-2007, 08:30 PM
I hear a lot more horror stories about Upper Deck than Topps, but in my experience at least, Upper Deck has been more responsible. The last redemption I had from Upper Deck was an 05-06 SP Authentic Luther Head auto RC, and I received it within two months of when I mailed it (6-8 weeks, as they say on the packs). Topps on the other hand, I sent them a redemption for an 05-06 Finest Shawne Williams XRC 11 months ago, and I just got it two days ago.

I suppose they both suck at certain times.