PDA

View Full Version : 5 most love and 5 most hated Players

sweetdizzel17
05-21-2007, 01:10 AM
Don't mean to copy threads on other forum sections but I really wanted to post my basketball hated/loved

Loved
1. Steve Nash (takes a piece of copper and turns it into a gold mine....somehow, plus he sure takes a beating in that little body of his)
2. Shawn marion (underrated and does EVERYTHING)
3. Leandro Barbosa (exhilirating just to watch)
4. Gilbert Arenas (as much as i hate the east he is amazing)
5.Tim Duncan (a quiet, humble, SUPER STAR)

Hated
1. Bruce Bowen (a bonafide dirty player)
2. Manu Ginobli (a flop, a whiner, a wuss)
3. Robert Horry (Cheap Shot Bob, he left the suns on bad terms and stays that way now)
4. Tim Duncan ( the BIGGEST whiner EVER, you shouldn't be 7 feet tal and a PANSY)
5. All the pansies and wusses on the Spurs...which would be all of em and their coach
I do respect anthony a little, well I respect anybody that can get Eva lol

free7694
05-21-2007, 01:18 AM
Love:

1. Carmelo Anthony
2. Allen Iverson
3. LeBron James
4. Dwayne Wade
5. Yao Ming

Hate:

1. Manu Ginobli
2. J.J. Redick
3. Carlos Boozer
4. Sam Cassell
5. Tim Duncan

the_future
05-21-2007, 02:45 AM
I will try not to be too biased. Lol.
***Btw, these are not in any specific order.***

Love:
1. Amare Stoudemire
2. Allen Iverson
3. Mike Bibby
4. Steve Nash
5. Derek Fisher
6. David Robinson
7. Steve Kerr

Hate:
1. Bruce Bowen
2. Austin Croshere
3. Mark Madsen
That's it. :)

sweetdizzle17 - I think you created this thread, because of your frustration that the Suns lost. :)

RenegadeLonghorn
05-21-2007, 04:18 AM
Don't mean to copy threads on other forum sections but I really wanted to post my basketball hated/loved

Hated
3. Robert Horry (Cheap Shot Bob, he left the suns on bad terms and stays that way now)
4. Tim Duncan ( the BIGGEST whiner EVER, you shouldn't be 7 feet tal and a PANSY)
5. All the pansies and wusses on the Spurs...which would be all of em and their coach

1. Bowen is an aggressive player. Best perimeter defender in the game.
2. Ginobili does flop to get calls but everyone can do that. A wuss? lmao. He attacks with aggression and no fear. You couldn't be far from the truth.
3. Big Shot Bob. Six championships. More than all Suns players combined. One cheap shot should not tarnish a career. But some people can't think logically and only look at present events as opposed to past.
4. Duncan...best power forward in the game. He does overdue it by being wide eyed way too often when being called for a foul but that is not whining. Fact is, he is a quiet superstar who has created who own dynasty....the Duncan Dynasty (1997-present).
5. lmao.

I've met some bitter Suns fans, but you take the cake with your hated list. Oh well...Spurs will keep winning and some, not all, Suns fans will resort to lists or name calling to make themselves feel better.

You do know why Suns can't make it to the NBA Finals, right? Because D'Antoni is a big time whiner and cannot keep his emotions under control. Believe it or not the Suns team sees this and it does affect them.

You posted your opinions, I posted mine. Fair game.

nman0808
05-21-2007, 07:32 AM
Love...
1. Dwyane Wade
2. Tayshaun Prince
3. Chris Paul
4. Allen Iverson
5. Yao Ming

Hate...
1. Latrell Sprewell
2. Bruce Bowem
3. Manu Ginobilli
4. Luke Walton
5. Rasheed Wallace

flexboogie
05-21-2007, 10:37 AM
love:
1. Rasheed Wallace (when hes pissed off hes unstopable)
2. Lebron James (a beast)
3. Chauncey billups (few players close out games as well)
4. Steve Nash (a magician)
5. Tim Duncan (fundamentaly sound)

Hate:
1. Rasheed Wallace (when hes not pissed off hes lazy and wont box out, and when hes too pissed off you know a tech is coming)
2. Ben Wallace (it was Traffic!!)
3. Allen Iverson (look at me, i take 30 shots a game yayy)
4. Anderson Verajao
5. Chris Webber (a bum in the playoffs)

sweetdizzel17
05-21-2007, 10:41 AM
1. Bowen is an aggressive player. Best perimeter defender in the game.
2. Ginobili does flop to get calls but everyone can do that. A wuss? lmao. He attacks with aggression and no fear. You couldn't be far from the truth.
3. Big Shot Bob. Six championships. More than all Suns players combined. One cheap shot should not tarnish a career. But some people can't think logically and only look at present events as opposed to past.
4. Duncan...best power forward in the game. He does overdue it by being wide eyed way too often when being called for a foul but that is not whining. Fact is, he is a quiet superstar who has created who own dynasty....the Duncan Dynasty (1997-present).
5. lmao.

I've met some bitter Suns fans, but you take the cake with your hated list. Oh well...Spurs will keep winning and some, not all, Suns fans will resort to lists or name calling to make themselves feel better.

You do know why Suns can't make it to the NBA Finals, right? Because D'Antoni is a big time whiner and cannot keep his emotions under control. Believe it or not the Suns team sees this and it does affect them.

You posted your opinions, I posted mine. Fair game.

1. When you have 8-10 players and 2-3 coaches complaining about how you are making dirty plays...not to mention you are caught on tape multiple times...you're dirty

2. Flopping is playing cheap (and raja bell is a close second to manu in mastering the flop)...but when you resort to flailing yourself like an imbecile (even when it is obvious there is absolutely no foul) just to get your points, you get on this list (and look...he's on 2 other non-Suns fan's lists)

3. Well we booed Horry here already and I would have hated him even if he hadn't mahe that hipcheck. There's just something about him that gets under my skin. Plus he practically won the series through a dirty play so I have no respect for that.

4. I do respect Duncan (and even said he was a quiet superstar on my LOVED list). But I HATE it when he falls down by a minicule bump and when he has that idiotic look on his face after EVRY foul call

5. Ya I'm not really serious...I would hate Manu and Horry anyway but saying the rest of the team just got the point accross I guess

I quote ESPN radio host Jason Smith..."The Suns didn't have the ability to go to the Finals." David Stern decided that. D'Antoni is a fine if not great coach when he has a full squad to work with. He knows how to get fired up...he doesn't lose control. If his players (other than Nash b/c he always has that fire...even moreso when he has been getting laid out all series) would get fired up they would win the Championship no contest....as long as they all are there Game 5 was close even without 2 of the Suns stars (they just lost their legs) and Game 6 was almost predecided b/c the Suns wore themselves out in Game 5 (D'antoni's fault)...I would love to see a fair series.

Insane Irish
05-21-2007, 11:44 AM
Current guys I Like:
1:Pretty much every Celtic
2:Nash
3:Duncan
4:Mcgrady
5:Dirk

Dislike:

1: V. Carter (NC alum, (I'm a Duke fan) just hate his swagger, and he's overrated)
2: Kobe: (He's a Laker, bit of a punk too)
3: Rasheed Wallace (NC alum, loudmouth, whiner, baby.....but he's good!!)
4:Artest: Do i need reasons??
5:S. Telfair: Just think what we gave up for this stiff!!!!!!!!!!!

Aikman_TheGreat
05-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Love:

Steve Nash (Incredible court vision, amazing passer)
Jason Kidd (Same as Nash, real nice guy too)
Shawn Marion (Does everything, even the dirty work)
Shaq (Its just fun to root for him, hes really funny, great guy)
Michael Jordan (hes the greatest)

Hate:
Bruce Bowen (I think he's a dirty player)

Thats really it. Hate is such a strong word.

nman0808
05-21-2007, 02:42 PM
I do respect Duncan (and even said he was a quiet superstar on my LOVED list). But I HATE it when he falls down by a minicule bump and when he has that idiotic look on his face after EVRY foul call

I to, hate that stupid look. The one where he is like "You just didnt call a foul on me, I never do anythign wrong"

Aikman_TheGreat
05-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Yeah thats the only thing i dont like about Duncan. How a 6'0 tall, 190 pound PG can barely touch him and he acts like he just got hit in the face by Chuck Liddell, but when he knocks the crap outta someone he looks around like his whole world just came crashing down and that the Bush administration must have some big conspiracy against him and he's getting cheated.

But he is a great player other than that. And i have to admit, I'd like him on my team.

gdogg2003
05-21-2007, 06:45 PM
I've only 3

Love:
Ray Allen
Dirk Nowitzki
Michael Redd

Hate:
Tim Duncan
Allen Iverson
Dwayne Wade

WilyWestbrook0
05-21-2007, 06:48 PM
I also agree that hate is too strong a word, IMO.

My 5 favorite players:

1. LeBron James
2. Tracy McGrady
3. Antoine Walker
4. Adam Morrison
5. Lamar Odom / Allen Iverson / Grant Hill (triumvirate tie)

Least favorite

1. Stephon Marbury

Berlin21
05-21-2007, 07:01 PM
LOVE

1- Billups
2- Kobe
3- Nowitzki
4- Deron Williams
5- Duncan

HATE

1- Wade
2- Nash
3- Ming
4- Ben Wallace
5- LeBron

zachattack9389
05-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Love:

1. Tim Duncan- May whine sometimes, but overall a very classy and humble guy, one of the greatest centers in the NBA
2. Steve Nash- One of the most amazing players to watch, overall just awesome
3. Lebron- The guy came out of high school and competes at an unprecedented level, gotta respect that
4. Kevin Garnett- The guy has been doing the same thing for ten years, and that's a good thing. An outstanding player despite being on a crappy team
5. Micheal Redd- Fifth highest scorer this season and people barely take notice. The guy is an outstanding shooting guard and can score as good as anyone.

Don't Love:
1. Stephen Jackson- despite the fact that he plays for my home team and occasionally comes through, the guy doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut and is an emotional burden on the team
2. Ron Artest- as good as he is, he can't keep his mouth shut either, and although you can't judge him solely based on the brawl a few years ago, he is a short fuse

That's really it, the Warriors have not been good since i got into basketball, so i have grown up as a fan of the NBA rather than a fan of a team. I don't really hate a lot of players...

WilyWestbrook0
05-21-2007, 09:59 PM
I almost went with Jackson and Artest on my list too, but they are kind of obvious picks..Marbury though annoys me as much with his game as his attitude. He could be way better than he is, and make his teammates way better, too. Additionally, the way he screwed over KG has always stuck with me.

BoogieDownBerlin
05-21-2007, 10:10 PM
hate:
1.gary payton
2.greg ostertag
3.bonzi wells
4.t-mac
5.nocioni

love:
1.larry hughes
2.allen iverson
3.paul pierce
4.dwight howard
5.lebron james

WilyWestbrook0
05-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Oh my. How could I forget about Bonzi "Quitter" Wells?

vegasreno49
05-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Love:
1. Josh Smith
2. Tyrus Thomas
3. Gilbert Arenas
4. Raja Bell (because of his attacks on kobe)
5. Gerald Green

Hate:
1. Tim Duncan (because he is not a Celtic)
2. Greg Oden (because he is not a Celtic)
3. Kevin Durant (because he is not a Celtic)
4. Sebastian Telfair (because he was a Celtic)
5. Marvin Williams (because he is a Hawk instead of CP3 or Deron Williams)

tylert295
05-22-2007, 09:22 PM
favorites
paul pierce
al jefferson
gerald green
chris bosh
wade

hate-
kobe
kobe
kobe
kobe
kobe

kobe847
05-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Love
1A- Kobe
1B- Kobe haters^^^ so funny
2 hakim warrick
3 andray blatche
4 andrew bynum
5 ronny turiaf

Hate...Kobe Haters and..
1 bowen
2 raja bell
3 yao
4 ray allen
5 vladimir radmanovic

WilyWestbrook0
05-23-2007, 02:02 AM
1B- Kobe haters^^^ so funny

"Kobe haters" are not NBA players.

BMetts
05-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Favorites:
1. Tayshaun Prince
2. LeBron James
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Steve Nash
5. Chuck Hayes

Loathe:
1. Christian Laettner - for obvious reasons
2. Ben Wallace - disliked him ever since he started the whole thing with Artest
3. Ron Artest - 'cause he's an idiot too
4. Dirk "Choke" Nowitzki
5. Robert Horry

That's it for me.

kobe847
05-23-2007, 01:07 PM
im aware of that lol

softballa04
05-23-2007, 01:09 PM
5 Favorites:

Kyle Korver
Kobe Bryant
Shaq
Steve Kerr
Magic Johnson

5 Hated:

Christian Laettner
Karl Malone
Dennis Rodman
John Starks
Bill Walton

WilyWestbrook0
05-23-2007, 06:59 PM
im aware of that lol

Then why even post it in this thread?

Reggie_Miller
05-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Duncan is the best PF in the game,....except for Kevin Garnett. That's the real truth. Put him on a team with other All-Stars that can make plays for him, like Parker/Ginobili/etc. for Duncan, KG could be racking up title after title. Who has gotten the MVP and All-Star MVP anyway? [KG]

Love:
1. Charlie Villanueva (you cannot hate this guy at all, no matter what kind of fan you are)
2. Kevin Garnett (best PF in the game)
3. Dwyane Wade (the next MJ)
4. Troy Hudson (the most underrated player in the game. When he starts, he can get an easy 20. Check his stats from when he started this season)
5. Jermaine O'Neal

Hate:
1. Melo
2. Kobe (if he was the MJ comparison, he would pass the ball. Jordan would pass the ball a ton, but not Kobe)
3. Kenyon Martin (just gets on my nerves)
4. Ron Artest (just getting in too much trouble nowadays)
5. Carlos Boozer (gets on my nerves too, esp when he shoots free throws--terrible form! lol)

aka spider
05-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Love

1. T-mac Scoring 13 points in 35 seconds that was the greatest moment ever.
2. Kobe bryant- he is a Beast
3. Lebron james just an outstanding player
4.Yao ming he had a great year this year but then the injury came so yeah.
5. ben gordon- a clutch player when it comes down to the last shot
6.jermanie oneal. he is underrated but he can play he is a beast.
Most Hated

1.DIRK MVP. as a rocket fan i dont like him that much he doesnt have that much game to carry his team.
2. carlos boozer. he is just Blank Trash.
3. Rasheed wallace never like him BIG MOUTH SHEED.
4.Bruce bowen. plays hard but fouls to much dirty player. just saying that he is dirty.
5, kwame brown. wow he is very much hated by the lakers fans i bet. he is just no good in every which way.

PHX_Suns
05-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Love Active:
1. Steve Nash
2. Kevin Garnett
3. Gilbert Arenas
4. J Kidd
5. Kirk Hinrich

Love Retired:
1. Dan Majerle
2. Barkley
3. Kevin Johnson
4. Larry Bird
5. John Stockton

hate:
1. kobe
2. bowen
3. AI
4. Carmelo
5. Jason Terry

tradebark
05-25-2007, 01:45 AM
faves-
grant hill - super classy, absolute warrior.
monta ellis - just what i wish i was on the basketball court
leandro barbosa - super hard worker + love his style
kobe bryant - next to jordan the most amazing basketball player i've ever seen
tim hardaway - aside from that whole gay hating thing, as a player he was just a super fierce competitor + fun player to watch even late in his career

least fave-
lebron james - wasted potential. Barring injury he'll end up being one of the best to ever play, but he could be so much better.. He's got plenty of time though.
ben wallace - nothing personal to him, but i hate the fact that he's a completely media-created defensive "juggernaut". I've never seen a more overrated DPOY in my life.. much less a repeat (and repeat) winner.
bruce bowen - i don't mind the tough defense, but I just hate trying to injure players (and anyone who's played basketball knows it's no accident)
ron artest - duh
bassy telfair - hahahahahhahaha

lanham33
05-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Let's see...

Loved:
Dwayne Wade
Shaq
JJ Redick- Really All the Duke Players
Lebron James
Steve Nash

Do Not Like very much- I don't like to use the word hate....lol
Bruce Bowen
Manu Ginobli
Allen Iverson
Rasheed Wallace
Gilbert Arenas

MDIZZ
06-08-2007, 11:54 AM

Loved
1. Steve Nash (takes a piece of copper and turns it into a gold mine....somehow, plus he sure takes a beating in that little body of his)
2. Shawn marion (underrated and does EVERYTHING)
3. Leandro Barbosa (exhilirating just to watch)
4. Gilbert Arenas (as much as i hate the east he is amazing)
5.Tim Duncan (a quiet, humble, SUPER STAR)

Hated

LOL dude
and dont talk like you know the players trying to sound smart calling him anthony when his name is william.

heres mine

loved
1. Devin Brown
2. Stephen Jackson
3. Tim Duncan
4. Bruce Bowen
5. Tony Parker/Manu Ginobili/Allen Iverson

hated
1. Dirk Nowitzki (cocky. he said that the mavs could've beat utah or san antonio if it weren't for those damn warriors, and he is just so damn cocky look at one of the last slam magazines)
2. Kobe Bryant(cocky and a whiner)
3. Karl Malone (you want to talk dirty... braking noses elbows everywhere....)
4. Jason Terry (so damn cocky)
5. Michael Redd (spurs killer)

MDIZZ
06-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Duncan is the best PF in the game,....except for Kevin Garnett. That's the real truth. Put him on a team with other All-Stars that can make plays for him, like Parker/Ginobili/etc. for Duncan, KG could be racking up title after title. Who has gotten the MVP and All-Star MVP anyway? [KG]

Ok homie how is Kevin Garnett better then Duncan? He's had a better supporting cast then Duncan in 0304 and couldn't even get to the finals, he never been past the first round besides that even though he's had an allstar on his team (WALLY Z) and Duncan has all-star MVP which really isn't that much of an accomplishment and has double the amount of MVP's Garnett has, I mean come on Duncan has won a championship when Stephen Jackson was the 2nd best player on his team dude. People forget that in 02-03 Parker and Ginobili were no where near the way they are now, and Robinson was on an empty tank, Garnett also is no where near as good as a defensive player then Duncan, man Duncan is better then Garnett by far.

BigPapi
06-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Love
Anderson Varejao- One of the only high energy guys that is a big man
Lebron- Hes the King
Leandro Barbosa-Another get down and dirty type player
Stephen Jackson-Scarred the crap out of Dirk and the rest of the Mavs priceless
Jason Kidd- The Best pure point guard of all-time

Hate
Kobe- He should go repeast Kindergarten and relearn how to share
Yao- Only averages 9 plus rebounds a game. Most of the games he is the tallest player by 5-6 inches, he should average atleast 15 RPG
Dirk-Soft and very unclutch

BigPapi
06-08-2007, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE=Reggie_Miller]Duncan is the best PF in the game,....except for Kevin Garnett. That's the real truth. Put him on a team with other All-Stars that can make plays for him, like Parker/Ginobili/etc. for Duncan, KG could be racking up title after title. Who has gotten the MVP and All-Star MVP anyway? [KG]

You are on some kinda EDITED BY STAFF - not appropriate. KG is the most overrated player to ever average 20-10-5. If he was a true great his team would not have missed the playoffs the last two years. He would have willed them there on his own. Here is a example Kobe and the Lakers and Troy Hudson is terrible.

dayzdtomato
06-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Current love All-time love
LeBron James Reggie Miller
Steve Nash David Robinson
Richard Jefferson Buck Williams
Baron Davis Clyde Drexler
Brandon Roy Charles Barkley

Current hate All-time hate
Kobe Bryant Bill Laimbeer
Rasheed Wallace Karl Malone
Bonzi Wells Tom Chambers
Drew Gooden John Starks
Ruben Patterson Latrell Sprewell

Note that Drew Gooden made the list solely because of his hair. If I had to list current most hated "team" it would be the Spurs due to boredom and all time undoubtely the Lakers (hey, I'm a Blazer fan).

dayzdtomato
06-08-2007, 04:56 PM
My apologies - that formatting came out TERRIBLE!!

jamecast
06-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Love:
A.i.(easily The Best Pound For Pound Player Ever)
Bron(could Smash Every Record If He Maintains Consistency)
Marion(most Underated Ever!!)
Nash(best Pure Pg Of All Time, Magic Played Every Posistion, And Stocton Didnt Score Near Enough)
Earl The Pearl Boykins(if Dude Stayed With Nugs, Coulda Been An All-star Eventually!, Anyone Under 5-8 Doin Their Thang In The Nba Has To Get Plenty Of Love!)

Hate
Bowen(cheapest Player To Ever Play The Game, No Wonder The Spurs D Is So Great! Anybody Can Play Dirty And Win!!)
Kobe(you Either Love Him Or Hate Him, And I Dont Love Him Near Enough)
Varajao(what A Puss, The New Vlade, Most His Offensive Rebounds Come From Loose Balls)
Floppy Divac
Mello-and People Call A.i. A Ballhog! Yeah Right! Seen Him Lately?

MDIZZ
06-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Wow dude. Bowen a is the cheapest ever? man that award goes out to malone, and its funny you buy in to that dirty talk, he takes over the mind of the player's hes guarding. and you must be a bitter suns fan. Especially saying Nash is better then Stockton which Stockton had more assists then Nash in his prime which nash's has only lasted 3 yearsI'd also take Isiah over nash.

and earl the pearl boykins? ? its earl the pearl monroe. and no he wouldn't have become an allstar if stayed on the Nuggets, too much of a ballhog.

palantri
06-08-2007, 05:56 PM
five most hated-
whichever five guys are on the floor against my cavs at any given time...

dayzdtomato
06-08-2007, 10:19 PM
five most hated-
whichever five guys are on the floor against my cavs at any given time...
lol - I think that's what I was trying to say...only substite blazers for cavs. That's the only reason I named kobe and karl malone in my most hated. I have way too many bad memories of playoff match-ups against their teams.

the_future
06-09-2007, 02:28 AM
Ok homie how is Kevin Garnett better then Duncan? He's had a better supporting cast then Duncan in 0304 and couldn't even get to the finals, he never been past the first round besides that even though he's had an allstar on his team (WALLY Z) and Duncan has all-star MVP which really isn't that much of an accomplishment and has double the amount of MVP's Garnett has, I mean come on Duncan has won a championship when Stephen Jackson was the 2nd best player on his team dude. People forget that in 02-03 Parker and Ginobili were no where near the way they are now, and Robinson was on an empty tank, Garnett also is no where near as good as a defensive player then Duncan, man Duncan is better then Garnett by far.

Actually, KG has made it past the first round. In fact, he and the T-Wolves made it to the Western Conference Finals a few years back.

MDIZZ
06-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Thats why I say

He's had a better supporting cast then Duncan in 0304 and couldn't even get to the finals, he never been past the first round besides that even though he's had an allstar on his team (WALLY Z)

tomdawg3
06-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Won't say I Love or Hate anybody, but here are my likes and dislikes:

1) T-Mac
2) Kobe
3) DWill
4) KG
5) Iggy, BRoy, Marbury, or GG

Dislike
1) Bowen (and this isn't because I like the Suns, cuz I don't like them either)
2) Mark Madson
3) Ben Wallace
4) Ron Artest
5) Shaq

jamecast
06-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Wow dude. Bowen a is the cheapest ever? man that award goes out to malone, and its funny you buy in to that dirty talk, he takes over the mind of the player's hes guarding. and you must be a bitter suns fan. Especially saying Nash is better then Stockton which Stockton had more assists then Nash in his prime which nash's has only lasted 3 yearsI'd also take Isiah over nash.

and earl the pearl boykins? ? its earl the pearl monroe. and no he wouldn't have become an allstar if stayed on the Nuggets, too much of a ballhog.

idk how the hell bowen made all defensive 1st team. he holds and slaps at whoever he's guarding. and the only reason he's in the opposition's head, is because they're wondering how he's gonna hurt them this game. gotta watch out for his leg 'accidentally' going under theirs while coming down. and im an iverson fan. so how does that make me a bitter suns fan because i said nash was better than stocton? when did you ever see stocton score 20 and 11 almost every night EVER. prime or not! i think you just need to hop off the spurs [inappropriate comment deleted]. i just simply stated MY OPINION and obviously offended you . the most boring team in the league. it dont matter how many championships they win. they are the worst team to watch do it!

MDIZZ
06-11-2007, 04:23 PM
You dont know how he made all defenseive 1st team? !?!?

He locks down whoever he is guarding and gets in there head- like LeBron James!!! and I remember a few years back he held Kboe to 13 or 14 points. And he has only legit injured one player because of his foot being out which is just his human tendency.
Ahahaha the most boring team in the league but with 3 championships , thats 3 more then the suns. What you have said proves to me you're a bitter suns fan by calling the spurs boring and saying our ships dont matter.

kobe847
06-11-2007, 05:03 PM
im a huge laker fan and i admit bowen is an elite defender

i mean hes no Ruben "The Kobe Stopper" Patterson hahahha
im kidding i still laugh at that one

but bowen is a nasty defender

jamecast
06-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Here We Go Again With The Bitter Suns Fan. Dude, I Dont Even Like The Suns That Much, I Said Nash!! Nash [name-calling deleted] Do You Ever Watch Just Bowen Play D, Every Time His Man Drives To The Hoop He Reaches And Holds The Arms, On Loose Balls It's Even Worse!! And Kobe Is Either Really Off Or Really On! So If Somebody Worse Than Kobe Or Bron Has A Better Game On Bowen, Whatchu Gonna Say To Defend Him Then? Eventually More And More People Will Realize How Dirty His Defense Is!

WilyWestbrook0
06-11-2007, 06:46 PM
People are going to like who they like and dislike who they dislike; I don't see the point in arguing on this thread with the tone getting as borderline as it is.

gatorboymike
06-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Love active:
1. Tim Duncan
2. Tracy McGrady
3. Dwight Howard
4. Deron Williams
5. Amare Stoudemire

Love retired:
1. Magic Johnson
2. David Robinson
3. Jerry West
4. Julius Erving
5. Pete Maravich

Hate active:
1. Shaquille O'Neal
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Ron Artest
4. Carmelo Anthony
5. Christian Laettner

Hate retired:
1. Bill Laimbeer
2. Dennis Rodman
3. Michael Jordan
4. Patrick Ewing
5. Isiah Thomas

WilyWestbrook0
06-11-2007, 10:12 PM
I didn't do a retired list; here's mine:

1) Rex Chapman
2) David Robinson
3) Nate McMillan
4) Charles Barkley
5) Spud Webb

whitevr6ix
06-11-2007, 10:57 PM
2. Kobe (if he was the MJ comparison, he would pass the ball. Jordan would pass
if kobe had people that could finish instead of losing the ball half the time he probably would pass it more often but, he cant rely on anyone to.

NashFan13
06-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Love:
1.Nash
2.Lebron
3.Marion
4.Barbosa
5.Yai

Hate:
1.Kobe
2.Bowen
3.Horry
4.Ginobli
5.Rasheed

6boyds
06-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Loved:
1. LeBron James (He is THE MAN)
2. Carmelo Anthony (I just like 'em for some reason)
3. Daniel "Boobie" Gibson (Came on strong in playoffs for us)
4. Anderson Varejao (King of DA FLOP)
5. Dwight Howard (Absolute beast)
6. Chris Paul (the best PG in the league)
7. Rashad McCants (My favorite UNC player)

Favorite Retired Players: Michael Jordan, Patrick Ewing, John Starks

Hated
1. Rasheed Wallace (always whines, don't like his bald spot :))
2. Kobe Bryant (Trade me, waaah!)
3. Bruce Bowen (Dirtier than well worn socks)
4. Manu Ginobili (Flopper...love my Cavaliers players for it, but can't stand when other do it)
5. Carlos Boozer (Left the Cavs.)
6. Andrei Kirelinko (Just don't like him.)

I also kinda don't like Dwyane Wade...everyone likes him, and I just....don't.

NashFan13
06-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Loved:
1. LeBron James (He is THE MAN)
2. Carmelo Anthony (I just like 'em for some reason)
3. Daniel "Boobie" Gibson (Came on strong in playoffs for us)
4. Anderson Varejao (King of DA FLOP)
5. Dwight Howard (Absolute beast)
6. Chris Paul (the best PG in the league)
7. Rashad McCants (My favorite UNC player)

Favorite Retired Players: Michael Jordan, Patrick Ewing, John Starks

Hated
1. Rasheed Wallace (always whines, don't like his bald spot :))
2. Kobe Bryant (Trade me, waaah!)
3. Bruce Bowen (Dirtier than well worn socks)
4. Manu Ginobili (Flopper...love my Cavaliers players for it, but can't stand when other do it)
5. Carlos Boozer (Left the Cavs.)
6. Andrei Kirelinko (Just don't like him.)

I also kinda don't like Dwyane Wade...everyone likes him, and I just....don't.
Umm what about Nash?

need4sheed
06-19-2007, 12:20 AM
loved:
rasheed wallace
leandro barbosa
steve nash
vince carter
dwight howard

hated:
ben wallace
anderson varejao
lebron james
luol deng
ben gordon

loved (retired):

isiah thomas
vinnie johnson
magic johnson
larry bird
pete maravich

hated (retired):

charles barkley
BILL WALTON (WOW! WHAT AN IDIOT)
Hakeem Olajuwon
Reggie Miller (GO BACK TO SATURN)
Toni Kukoc
Patrick Ewing

MDIZZ
06-19-2007, 05:04 AM
why would you say for reggie to go back to saturn? Saturn has rings. Reggie..........

and Bill Walton's idiocy is downright funny.

Star_Cards
06-20-2007, 10:25 AM
love
1. Gilbert Arenas
2. Shawn Marion
3. Steve Nash
4. Dirk
5. Mark Cuban

Bowen isn't on my love list but he's up there. The guy is an awesome interview and he's built himself a very nice career after knocking around in the CBA and overseas.

hate
1. Detroit Fan that threw the beer cup...UGH
2. bandwagon fan (like who you like even when they are losers)

gatorboymike
06-20-2007, 03:49 PM
why would you say for reggie to go back to saturn? Saturn has rings. Reggie..........

and Bill Walton's idiocy is downright funny.

Buuuuuurn'd!

Besides, Reggie Miller is a Ferengi, not a Saturnian.

6boyds
06-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Thats why I say

He's had a better supporting cast then Duncan in 0304 and couldn't even get to the finals, he never been past the first round besides that even though he's had an allstar on his team (WALLY Z)
I just saw this. I wouldn't exactly say Wally is any good...

I'd take Garnett any day.

MDIZZ
06-21-2007, 07:11 PM
I just saw this. I wouldn't exactly say Wally is any good...

I'd take Garnett any day.

Thats why Wallyworld averaged 20 points and was an allstar. because he wasnt good right?

lasherclan
06-22-2007, 01:02 PM
Thats why Wallyworld averaged 20 points and was an allstar. because he wasnt good right?

ahhh...but the real question is.....what has Wally done since he left KG's side? Answer....nothing.....and why is that? b/c KG made him that much better......in summary...it's not as if KG was surrounded by All-Stars and did nothing with it....he was surrounded by mediocre talent, that he made look like All-Star talent, and he took them farther than virtually anyone else would have.

lasherclan
06-22-2007, 01:09 PM
oh...and by the way...dont come back with ..."He had Cassell and Sprewell".....I'll give you that Cassell can shoot and he's clutch...but I'm a 41 and out of shape, and I bet I could still go by him.....and Sprewell!! Well...he was so awesome that after he refused the T'wolves $14MM contract offer because he "had a family to feed", not one other team in the league picked him up....even for the veterans minimum. That tells you two things...1. The T'wolves front office was crazy for offering him the deal and 2. he's flat out a lousy player

and KG went to the conference finals with that around him

AThrash37DSnyder
06-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Love:
Ike Diogu (His breakout year is NOW)
D-Wade
Lebron
Cuttino Mobley
Monta Ellis

Hate:
Rasheed Wallace
Spreewell
Rodman
Any one else that dosent act like a professial

lasherclan
06-22-2007, 01:13 PM
loves

1. KG
2. Amare
3. Dwight Howard
4. McDyess (before he blew his knee out twice)
5. Elton Brand
6. Mark Madsen - nicest guy in the league

hated (well...at least disliked)

1. Kobe (whiner, rapist, liar)
2. Paul Pierce
3. Marbury
4. Laimbeer
5. Isiah Thomas

thegame
06-22-2007, 01:35 PM
love:
1.chris Bosh-the man of my home team
2.vince carter-made the raptors
3.gilbert areanas-went from zero to something
4.tim duncan-best pf in the game
5.gran hill-class all the way

hate:
1.steve nash-most overratted pg in the league
2.lebron james-to much hype around him..everyone shouldd just lay down and call him the greatest.
3.Anderson Verajao
4.larry johnson
5.richard jefferson

L.Washington#29
06-22-2007, 02:04 PM
love:
1.chris Bosh-the man of my home team
2.vince carter-made the raptors
3.gilbert areanas-went from zero to something
4.tim duncan-best pf in the game
5.gran hill-class all the way

hate:
1.steve nash-most overratted pg in the league
2.lebron james-to much hype around him..everyone shouldd just lay down and call him the greatest.
3.Anderson Verajao
4.larry johnson
5.richard jefferson

lmao, nash overratted? He makes that team what it is. Without him they would suck. He does everything that he needs to to help his team win whether it's scoring and hitting clutch shots or making everyone else around him better. And Lebron deserves the hype, he took a lottery team to the NBA Finals with absolutely no one else on that team. The next best player was Daniel Gibson who only scored when lebron was doubled and triple teamed and he was left wide open. Without lebron, the cavs would be taking the first lottery pick in this years draft. But I do agree with hating verajao, all he does is flop and complain.

MDIZZ
06-23-2007, 04:19 AM
ahhh...but the real question is.....what has Wally done since he left KG's side? Answer....nothing.....and why is that? b/c KG made him that much better......in summary...it's not as if KG was surrounded by All-Stars and did nothing with it....he was surrounded by mediocre talent, that he made look like All-Star talent, and he took them farther than virtually anyone else would have.

Nothing because...
Knee injuries, seriously its been horrible with his knees look at T-mac he was crazy in orlando and had amazing leaping skills now he has back problems and he cant jump seriously injuries can kil lyou especialy knee,back,neck and ankle.

L.Washington#29
06-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Wally wouldn't have done anything without garnett even if he wasn't hurt. (unless he went and played with steve nash or jason kidd). He only looked good because KG made him look good. Without a superstar to make him look like an all-star, he's crap.

MDIZZ
06-24-2007, 03:38 AM
He was averaging 20ppg before getting injured this year. Including a 35point performance and a 33 point performance.
And if Garnett could make others sooo good then how come his team sucks right now, shouldnt he be able to make them good"?

L.Washington#29
06-24-2007, 12:09 PM
He makes them better then they would be otherwise. That team is made up of players that shouldn't even still be in the leauge other then garnett, foye and davis. There hasn't been a good playoff or championship team that only has one good player other then LeBron in this years playoffs but he had more help then garnett has. Oh and wally only averaged 15 ppg this year and in his best year he averaged 20.1 ppg and that was the only time that he got to a 20 point average. At best, he is a decent shooter.

MDIZZ
06-24-2007, 01:59 PM
did yo not read what I said? I said before he got injured in december he averaged that much.

lafastbreak
08-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Hates kind of a strong word but
Love
1 Kobe (best in game and if your looking to win a ring and the team is telling you lies dont think you wouldn't be upset either although I hope he stays.)
2 Stephen Jackson (underated player and if I wanted one player on my team that I knew would have my teamates back it would be him. Watch replays of him in the playoffs. Everytime he was on the court and a teamate was fouled hard he had a look in his eye like he would protect the teamate and was always neither that teamate after the foul.)
3 Robert Horry (One incident does not make you a dirty player and its not his fault Amare and Diaw got up, plus without him the Lakers dont three peat.)
4 Derek Fisher
5 JKidd (Love how he plays)
Hate
1 Steve Nash (Should not have won the MVP two years ago, he's basically had a three year greatness span and that was it. Before that he was an allstar at best so if he gets into the HOF its sadly going to be beacause of a 3-4 year span,)
2 Lebron James (Is he good? Yes, Is he god the way half the world preclaims him to be? No)
those are my big two i guess its not really lebron but I just don't believe anyone should be hyped the way he is unless your name is Michael Jordan.

sputney23
08-18-2007, 04:32 PM
love:wade,jordan,ai,elton brand tyrus thomas

hate:robert horry,fisher,kobe,duncan,manu,

theanswer0221
08-19-2007, 12:07 AM
this thread you created wasnt really who are most loved and hated to you, you basically just stated that you are a big suns fan and hige spurs hater with that list.

CrazyCarl
08-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Most Favorite:
1) Shaq - Changed 5 NBA rules single handedly, defensive strategies had to adjust just for him, and he's lived up to the hype from way back in '92, plus he's a great guy in person.
2) Magic Johnson - VERSATILE and able to take on anyone, even your MJ's, Waltons, and Birds, plus another great personality (from my hometown too).
3) Bird - A trash talking, 3 pt shooting, Ohio boy that really did well. Plus, if you meet him he's incredibly pleasant (see a trend?)
4) DWade - He's still developing, and hopefully the injuries are over but I can see him outpacing MJ and Kobe statistically. Haven't met him but those who have say he's humble, reserved and kind.
5) Rip Hamilton - He can run circles around anyone and still come back on defense. Underrated, but definitely helps make the franchise of Detroit. Also, incredibly pleasant.

Close calls for fave's: Tony Parker and JKidd.

Least Favorite:

1) Varajao - Flopper. And not just because he did it to the Pistons this year, but because I believe he grows his hair out just so it shows the aftershock of his emptyhead hitting the floor after each pinky touch. Plus he was incredibly rude in person.
2) Duncan - I have respect for the fundamentals (comon, I'm a Pistons fan), but this guy is boring and whines ALL the time. The only image I have of his face is my head is the hurt little boy shaking his head with a bit of a scowl. I don't know how he is in person, but the boring and the whining are enough for me not to enjoy watching him.
3) Kurt Rambis - Another flopping whiny player. He was supposedly a great "role player" but what I remember from when I was a kid was him getting up off the floor as Magic either scores or grabs a defensive ribbie. Also crude around young fans at an official signing.
4) Kobe - Pretty damn good on the court, but off the court he's short with people, he whines, and doesn't appear to be an upstanding person. I can see some of the whining being justified, but there are better ways than using ESPN to express your desire to change jobs (teams) within an organization.
5) Ben Wallace - I used to be a huge fan, but leaving a team for $$ isn't a great thing. Plus he's squandering his defensive skills. He did GREAT for the pistons with blocks, ribs, and just messing with shooting but he isn't doing near the job for the Bulls.

Close call for least fave: King James - Or Magic Ref Call Changer. It's like any game he's in the refs are totally mesmerized. They don't call his fouls, but make sure everyone else who gets a hand near him gets called. Sure, he's great, but great on an uneven playing field shouldn't be rewarded.

swill300
08-31-2007, 05:21 AM
Carl, Bird is from French Lick, Indiana not Ohio.
Anyhow my Top 5 for each side:
Faves:
1) Patrick Ewing
2) Shaq O'Neal
3) Tim Duncan
4) LeBron James
5) Gilbert Arenas "HIBACHI"
Dislikes:
1) Stephon Marbury- What a waste of talent
2) Sebastian Telfair- See #1........must be a family thing??
3) Darius Miles- The next who??
4) Rasheed Wallace- good player, but whines WAYYYYY too much for me
5) Reggie Miller- can never like him due to all the torture he put me through when he beat up on the Knicks

CrazyCarl
09-01-2007, 05:07 PM
WOW, I did know that... I really did. I sure hope he doesn't read this forum!

LJ#23KINGJAMES
09-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Like:
1. David Robinson
2. LeBron James
3. Andre Iguodala
4.Tim Duncan
5. Alonzo Mourning
6. Vince Carter
7.Tracy McGrady
9. Diesel
10. Ray Allen

Hate:
1. Ben Wallace
2. Rasheed Wallace
3. Bruce Bowen
4. Delonte West = to the refs and other players
5.Latrell Sprewell
6.Nick Van Excel
7. Carmelo Anthony - he's been caught with pot, and what a sissy for throwin that succer punch at Mardy Collins
8. Allen Iverson - he's got a punk attitude, always thinking he's the king of the court
9. Nate Robinson - needs to get his act together, if wants to be in the NBA.

osanilevich
09-04-2007, 09:32 PM
idk how the hell bowen made all defensive 1st team. he holds and slaps at whoever he's guarding. and the only reason he's in the opposition's head, is because they're wondering how he's gonna hurt them this game. gotta watch out for his leg 'accidentally' going under theirs while coming down. and im an iverson fan. so how does that make me a bitter suns fan because i said nash was better than stocton? when did you ever see stocton score 20 and 11 almost every night EVER. prime or not! i think you just need to hop off the spurs [inappropriate comment deleted]. i just simply stated MY OPINION and obviously offended you . the most boring team in the league. it dont matter how many championships they win. they are the worst team to watch do it!YEAH!!!!!!!

gofor5
09-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Anyone who thinks bruce bowen is a dirty player doesn't respect defense and the hard work it takes to keep up with the best players in the game.How many times does Bruce Bowen foul out of a game?Hardly ever, if at all!The fact is people don't like Bruce Bowen because he stops their favorite player on their favorite team!The spurs would not be where they are now with out his great skill.Kobe,Lebron,wade like and respect him.You guys are just jealous of the spurs success.

kobe080
09-12-2007, 08:55 PM
I do agree that Bowen do use "other things" while he is defending...
BUT if ref does not call it, theres nothing anybody can do. If he can get around those "things", it is safe to call him a good defender. Also, I have not seen anybody who puts better defense on kobe than Bowen past few years. It is an obvious fact that Bowen is a driving force behind the Spurs team and the amazing defense they put on especially in the playoffs.
People can hate him or love him, but he is a good defender and a great role player. (BTW, I dont like the Spurs bc im a lakers fan...but a fact is a fact)

LJ#23KINGJAMES
09-13-2007, 01:37 AM
to gofor
dude what are you talking about we being jealous of Bowen, some of us like the Spurs alot, just when Bowen gives his smart mouth to the ref and teams that will never be good isn't cool

alanthegreat
11-06-2007, 12:09 AM
love:
1. Steve Nash
2. Tim Duncan
3. Allen Iverson
4. Dwyane Wade
5. LeBron James

Hate:
1. Bruce Bowen
2. Carlos Boozer
3. J.J. Redick
4. Luke Walton

This are my 5 most favorite and 4 most hated player in the NBA.

[no advertising of site allowed]

angel0430
11-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Loved:

1. Shaq
2. Wade
3. Garnett
4. Arroyo
5. Carmelo

Hated:
1. Kobe
2. Pierce
3. Duncan
4. Mourning
5. Finley

angel0430
11-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Anyone who thinks bruce bowen is a dirty player doesn't respect defense and the hard work it takes to keep up with the best players in the game.How many times does Bruce Bowen foul out of a game?Hardly ever, if at all!The fact is people don't like Bruce Bowen because he stops their favorite player on their favorite team!The spurs would not be where they are now with out his great skill.Kobe,Lebron,wade like and respect him.You guys are just jealous of the spurs success.

Jealous!!!! You crazy. The only reason that the Spurs are where they are is because you can't even breath on Duncan's neck. If you even look at Duncan you get called for a foul. Don't get me wrong, he is a good player. Bowen is a good defensive player, but he can't stop everyone. He is lucky sometimes....LOL

angel0430
11-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Let's see if he can stop the Celtics......too much for him...JAJAJA

trevorp121
11-14-2007, 02:28 AM
Love
1.Kobe Bryant
2.Carmelo Anthony
3.LeBron James
4.Derek Fisher
5.Amare Stoudemire

Hate
1a. Shaquille O'Neal
1b.Steve Nash
3.Raja Bell
4. Any Celtic
5. Dirk Nowitzki

thegame
11-14-2007, 03:02 AM
Love
1.Chris BOsh
2.VInce Carter
3.Tim Duncan
4.Lebron James
5. Manu

Hate:
1.Dirk
2.Kevin Durant
3.Jj Redick
4.Adam Morrison
5.Richard Jefferson...

LOL Bowen might be dirty but you gotta respect his defence. If you think about it he does everythnig you want a defender to do. If you think about it burce bowen is the smartest player in the league. Those play that are called dirt look innocent dude knows how to do them and make them look apart of the game.

antti22
11-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Like:
1. Sean Williams (i know its only like few games into the season but when i first saw him play against raps. i just loved the energy he brought on the floor. )
2. Vince Carter (made the raps, makes the nets, One of the best in my book.)
3. Jkidd ( that guy can manage a team... He is like playing coach... Future hall of famer and a great Head Coach for some team in future. )
4. Shaq ( always admired him and he is just such a nice guy off the coart)
5. Dwight Howard ( You gotta love his smile and energy in the game. And as funny as shaq :P )

dont like:
1. Kobe ( dunno why, he is a great player, and i respect him, just dont like his style)
2. Dwyane Wade ( does anyone flop more than him? but gotta hand it to him, he is the soul of the Heat )
3. Rip Hamilton ( Dont like pistons at all and he is one of the worst and that face mask looks so hilarious :D )
4. Tayshaun Prince ( just dont like him at all)
5. Tim Duncan and Bruce Bowen ( Spurs just are so stupid team in my book)