PDA

View Full Version : Usa Basketball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

softballa04
05-23-2007, 02:43 PM
RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOUíRE TIRED OF AMERICA HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT THE OLYMPICS IN BASKETBALL!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I realize that the world has gotten better and we have changed our style of play but come on we should still not have to worry about it. Here is my list for the next Dream Team. Iím not just picking superstars but Iím picking players. Not thugs, not ball hogs (while we do need scoring), and not cry babies.

Also assuming some players are going to choose to play or not play.

Starting Lineup:

G.) Deron Williams- Proven that he can pass the rock.
G.) Kobe Bryant- We donít want ball hogs but Kobe has proven that he can pass this year to.
F.) LeBron James- Maybe the best player in the game. He has to be there.
F.) Amare Stodumire- We need a low post presence that does not always have to have the ball.
C.) Tim Duncan- Mr. Basketball the team needs leadership and a great rebounder

G.) Jason Kidd- I know that he has been here before and might not play but nice passer.
G.) Gerald Wallace- One of the most underrated defenders in the league
F.) Kyle Korver- I know what youíre thinking. But no denying that he is a sharp shooter.
F.) Elton Brand- Great defender and scorer nice addition off the bench
C.) Alonzo Mourning- I think he would add leadership and an excitement to the team

PF.) Kevin Garnett- Good scorer and great defender. I worry if he would be realiable to play for the team.

G.) Chauncey Billups- The leader of a winning team. Decent shooter.

REASONS FOR PEOPLE BEING LEFT OFF!!!!!!!!!

C.) Shaq- Probably wouldnít want to comitt.

G.) Gilbert Arenas- Find him to be somewhat of a baby.

G.) Dwayne Wade- Shoulder problems should rest the next couple of seasons during the summer.

G.) Ron Artest- He will be to busy making a rap albumn.

F.) Vince Carter- BALL HOG

C.) Dwight Howard- FIRST ALTERNATE

G.) Michael Jordan- I have actually heard his name thrown out there? Are you serious?

RenegadeLonghorn
05-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Team USA suffered recently because of the lack of perimeter defenders. If I remember correctly the international 3pt line is shorter than the NBA line. USA got burned by the international jump shooters. People like Bruce Bowen and Raja Bell need to be on the team to defend shooters. Other players that are worthy in my mind are Rip Hamilton, Baron Davis, and Ray Allen. Need some shooters tom compliment the size of team USA. I like the team you assembled except for Kyle Korver.

softballa04
05-23-2007, 03:51 PM
i knew people would attack him but if you want shooters then kyle korver needs to be on there. also ray allen, baron davis, and rip are both all good selections. I don't like Bruce Bowen because he had his chance once and failed. He didn't shut anyone down. Raja Bell would also be possibly a good selection but I don't know if you could have him and Kobe on the team together. Being that Kobe has never played on a team I feel taht he would be excited to be there and would be a better choice then Raja. For defense Kobe is somewhat underrated and Gerald Wallace is in the top 6 in steals and also gets over a block a game. With his 6'7 frame and long arms he is perfect to guard small little guards and bother them on the perimeter.

RenegadeLonghorn
05-23-2007, 04:05 PM
i knew people would attack him but if you want shooters then kyle korver needs to be on there. also ray allen, baron davis, and rip are both all good selections. I don't like Bruce Bowen because he had his chance once and failed. He didn't shut anyone down. Raja Bell would also be possibly a good selection but I don't know if you could have him and Kobe on the team together. Being that Kobe has never played on a team I feel taht he would be excited to be there and would be a better choice then Raja. For defense Kobe is somewhat underrated and Gerald Wallace is in the top 6 in steals and also gets over a block a game. With his 6'7 frame and long arms he is perfect to guard small little guards and bother them on the perimeter.

Bowen didn't shoot very well in tryouts and may have been outplayed by Battier but I still believe he is a better defender than Battier. Fact is, Team USA has been burned by the perimeter shooters.

Korver is a good shooter and would fit in very well with a post up player like Tim Duncan. But if Duncan isn't on the team, and he most likely won't be at his age, then USA will need someone who can create their own shot. Rip Hamilton, Baron Davis, and Gilbert Arenas come to my mind. Carmelo Anthony should be considered too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/wbc2006/news/story?id=2551774

softballa04
05-23-2007, 04:22 PM
i see what your meaning with korver. I do admitt now that Rip should probably be on there before him. I don't think Anthony should even be close to be considered. A thug!!!! Lets get away from that.

vikingfan101
05-23-2007, 04:30 PM
I think Redd or Allen would be good additions to the team as well, and dont forget Wade! O ya, and dont forget J Rich :P. Bosh is another solid player as well.

nman0808
05-23-2007, 09:33 PM
I hear Oden and Durant might be added to.

aka spider
05-23-2007, 09:59 PM
yup oden is going to try out. to improve his game.

the_future
05-25-2007, 11:16 PM
Both Durant and Oden made the tryout team. Eight players have already been added to the team. Tyson Chandler and Mike Miller are two interesting additions to the team.

More info @ ...

http://www.nba.com/news/usa_basketball_mens_team_adds_eight_players.html

vikingfan101
05-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Some team. Doesnt look very good to me! If all the players who were superstars would play like they should, instead of whining and staying home we might be good!

Players who shouldnt be on the team, at least in my opinion:
Bowen
Reddick
Chandler
Miller
Prince

LakersMC
05-26-2007, 03:35 PM
I just read where Lebron is still undecided.

Even though a lot of the major superstars aren't down with Team USA (e.g. Shaq, Duncan, Garnett), I still think they have enough talent on this team to give it an All-Star game feel. Not Dream Team, but that's ok.

I just got tickets to the intrasquad game, and will be headed to LV this summer!

dayzdtomato
06-07-2007, 03:17 PM
What about Baron Davis? The USA team needs a little heart and I think he's shown that he plays with more of it than anybody.

jberry630
06-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Theres this guy named Carmelo Anthony too..led the team with his play recently. He should definately be on the team. Has cleaned up his image completely from being a thug from Baltimore to becoming a husband and father, and a great player.

LakersMC
07-25-2007, 11:31 PM
I just got tickets to the intrasquad game, and will be headed to LV this summer!

Saw the intrasquad Blue-White game over the weekend. It was a blast! It had the intensity of a playoff game with Kobe & Lebron going at it.

I got a few autographs too, which I'll post about in the Autograph Forum soon.

And of course, it's always fun to go to Vegas.