PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the NBA finals?

abcdefg
06-03-2007, 11:33 AM
I think the Spurs will win due to experience. Also, Lebron isn't used to these high-pressuer situations.

teacheric
06-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Cavs.

Too much momentum.

But if the Spurs are able to pull it off, it'll be on their shooting as a team.

RenegadeLonghorn
06-03-2007, 09:47 PM
I hope the Spurs will win. :)

michaelbennett_12
06-03-2007, 11:20 PM
i want the cavs to win so bad, but they wont because as charles barkley put it last night, the spurs are a "different beast."

WilyWestbrook0
06-04-2007, 01:38 AM
I pick the Spurs, but nothing will shock me now.

the_future
06-04-2007, 07:08 PM
I pick the Spurs, but nothing will shock me now.

Same here. :)

twong757
06-04-2007, 08:09 PM
I'd love to see the Cavs win, but I just think the Spurs are a more talented team. It'll be interesting to see how the refs call the series. If they allow Bruce Bowen to rough up Lebron, then the Spurs should win easily. However, if they call a lot of ticky-tack fouls like they did last year for D-Wade, then the Cavs have a shot of pulling the upset. If the Spurs can't be physical with Lebron, then he should be able to score at will.

springwoodslasher
06-05-2007, 04:29 AM
I had to pick the Spurs to win, but I'll be rooting for the Cavs.

nman0808
06-05-2007, 07:21 AM
I think the Spurs will win, but it wont surprise if James wins it for the Cavs.

RenegadeLonghorn
06-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Spurs were 0-2 against the Cavs in the regular season. Cavs coach Brown use to be a Spurs assistant and knows the Spurs very well. I'm pretty sure he was an assistant for Pop in the Spurs 03 championship. That and Lebron are the two things I fear the most in the mathcup.

WilyWestbrook0
06-06-2007, 07:40 AM
^ I am surprised more people aren't discussing Brown and the regular season record against the teams.

It starts tomorrow - I can't wait! *giddy*

RenegadeLonghorn
06-08-2007, 12:23 AM
5 > 1

Team defense > Individual player

Game 1. Spurs win.

the_future
06-08-2007, 02:15 AM
Gibson needs to get more shot attempts, and more minutes. He's been playing great of lately.

The Spurs defense shut down LeBron in Game 1. Duncan was great like he usually is in the NBA Finals.

BCUS28
06-08-2007, 03:32 AM
Spurs showing what a great team hey are, they KNOW how to win. I'm still taking Cavs in 7.

WilyWestbrook0
06-08-2007, 07:44 AM
LeBron sucked. I am surprised it wasn't a bigger win for SA. The Cavs have good defense, though.

The only way for the Cavs to win is for LeBron to make more shots, and to keep the big three of SA in check. While the Cavs defended pretty well, the big three still did too much damage.

MDIZZ
06-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Bowen owned Bron.

the_future
06-13-2007, 03:46 AM
The Spurs seem unbeatable right now. The "Big Three" on the Spurs (Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili) didn't play great in game 3, but still managed to win the game! Ginobili only had 3 points, Parker couldn't consistently get into the paint, and Duncan didn't dominate on the block like he normally does.

Unless, the Cavs make history by winning four straight games, then the Spurs are going to win the 2007 NBA Finals. I think it would be appropriate to call them a dynasty if they finish off the Cavs.

-mando-
06-13-2007, 02:04 PM
The Spurs seem unbeatable right now. The "Big Three" on the Spurs (Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili) didn't play great in game 3, but still managed to win the game! Ginobili only had 3 points, Parker couldn't consistently get into the paint, and Duncan didn't dominate on the block like he normally does.

Unless, the Cavs make history by winning four straight games, then the Spurs are going to win the 2007 NBA Finals. I think it would be appropriate to call them a dynasty if they finish off the Cavs.

Im a lifetime spurs fans but I wouldnt even call them a dynasty yet...maybe Im just bitter that they can never win back-to-back titles, plus this spurs core has only won 3, only duncan has been on all 4 teams

jedijohnson
06-14-2007, 07:02 PM
Im a lifetime spurs fans but I wouldnt even call them a dynasty yet...maybe Im just bitter that they can never win back-to-back titles, plus this spurs core has only won 3, only duncan has been on all 4 teams

I'm bias'd cos I'm a fan. Even though they've never achieved back-to-back championships, they've been so close. They took the Mavs to game 7 last year and definitely would've provided the Heat with a more consistent challenge. I'd classify them as a dynasty. But I'm bias'd.

htwheelz01
06-14-2007, 11:55 PM
Its finally over! Congrats to the Spurs!

the_future
06-15-2007, 12:15 AM
Spurs win. Tony Parker is the MVP.

palantri
06-15-2007, 12:16 AM
what a dismal series...lebron aint no jordan yet

jedijohnson
06-15-2007, 02:07 AM
Dismal, to the unbias'd spectator. Great if you're a Spurs fan.
Hey, like the commentators referenced time and time again....
Even Shaq got swept in his first Finals appearance and he's done okay since.
Lebron will have many more shots at a ring. He showed tremendous class
throughout the series.

Congrats to the Spurs, their fans!!!

BigPapi
06-15-2007, 05:11 AM
Dismal, to the unbias'd spectator. Great if you're a Spurs fan.
Hey, like the commentators referenced time and time again....
Even Shaq got swept in his first Finals appearance and he's done okay since.
Lebron will have many more shots at a ring. He showed tremendous class
throughout the series.

Congrats to the Spurs, their fans!!!
Nicely said. After game 2 I knew it was over but I was just hoping that the Cavs could atleast take it back to San Antonio so they couldnt celebrate on our homw floor. That is what hurt the most. Also Ohio is 0-3 in championship oppratunitys this year that also hurts.

gatorboymike
06-15-2007, 09:25 AM
Yeah, Bron now joins the ranks of Greg Oden and Troy Smith.

WilyWestbrook0
06-15-2007, 12:01 PM
LeBron will not be Jordan; it's not a fair comparison. He'll have a great career though, and more opportunities to win a title.

Congrats to the Spurs and their continued dominance. Parker has really emerged as a legit superstar now.

RenegadeLonghorn
06-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Games 1 and 2 were fantastic (with the exception of the 4th quarter). Games 3 and 4 were very hard to watch. Sweeping the Cavs is great but the Spurs made them look so inferior. I'm still undecided where I rank the 2007 championship among their four titles.

I'm currently watching the championship celebration on FSN SW. I wish I was there to watch in person.

DRIVE FOR FIVE IN 2008!