PDA

View Full Version : All-Time Team

BigPapi
06-19-2007, 05:04 PM
I tried this in the football section with limited success so Ill try it hear.

PG-Magic Johnson
SG-Michael Jordan
SF-Lebron James
PF-Tim Duncan
C-Wilt Chamberlain

Bench
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Bill Russel
Pete Maravich
Larry Bird
Kobe Bryant

RenegadeLonghorn
06-19-2007, 06:37 PM
I wouldn't put Lebron or Kobe in the all-time list just yet. Larry Bird should definitely be starting at SF.

BigPapi
06-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Ill take LBJ over Larry anyday

the_future
06-19-2007, 07:02 PM
I wouldn't put Lebron or Kobe in the all-time list just yet. Larry Bird should definitely be starting at SF.

I agree! You beat me to it. Bird should start at SF. Kobe and LeBron shouldn't be on that list.

How did Stockton not make that list?! Put Stockton at the starting PG over Magic.

PG: John Stockton
SG: Michael Jordan
SF: Larry Bird
PF: Tim Duncan
C: Wilt Chamberlain

Jepetto1872
06-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Starters in left backups on right

PG: STOCKTAN/MAGIC/PAYTON
SG: JORDAN/THE GLYDE/OSCAR ROBERTSON
SF: BIRD/JULIUS/PIPPEN
PF: CHARLES/MALONE/DUNCAN
C: SHAQ DADDY/HAKEEM/ KAREEM

BCUS28
06-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Ill take LBJ over Larry anyday

I wouldn't.....Larry Legend is called "Legend" for a reason.

BigPapi
06-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Stockton over Magic you must not been around in the 80s to watch Magic. All Stckton could was pass. Magic was the complete player.

BigPapi
06-19-2007, 07:42 PM
I wouldn't.....Larry Legend is called "Legend" for a reason.
And Lebron is called "King" for a reason. Or the "Chosen One"

BCUS28
06-19-2007, 08:30 PM

With all due respect, it's too early in LBJ's career to make an ALL-TIME team. I'm not doubting he has the potential to become a greater player than Bird, but because he hasn't proven it (which is ok because he still has many many more seasons ahead of him), Bird is on 1st team, and LBJ doesn't make it.............yet.

WilyWestbrook0
06-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Stockton over Magic you must not been around in the 80s to watch Magic. All Stckton could was pass. Magic was the complete player.

Stockton also had an astromonically high field goal percentage for a guard and was a more crafty and tenacious defender than Magic. I'd still take Magic overall, but don't cut Stockton short; he did more than "only" pass.

My All-Time Team:

PG - Magic Johnson, John Stockton
SG - Michael Jordan, Jerry West
SF - Oscar Robertson, Larry Bird
PF - Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Tim Duncan
C - Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell, Hakeem Olajuwon (geez, have to leave off Shaq and Kareem)

abcdefg
06-19-2007, 09:23 PM
stockton
MJ
bird
duncan
wilt

MDIZZ
06-20-2007, 05:55 AM

Yes, because he is the future he is no larry bird! at least not yet.

15 man team

PG: Magic Johnson/Oscar Robertson/John Stockton
SG: Michael Jordan!/Jerry West/Julius Erving
SF: Larry Bird/Elgin Baylor/Scottie Pippen
PF: Tim Duncan/Charles Barkley/Karl Malone
CE: Wilt Chamberlain/Kareem Abdul Jabbar/Bill Russell

how can anyone put John Stockton over the big O and Magic?

i think im forgetting some people ut i dont know who.

jberry630
06-26-2007, 02:17 PM
PG Magic Johnson, John Stockton
SG Michael Jordan, Jerry West
SF Larry Bird, Scottie Pippen
PF Tim Duncan, Karl Malone
C Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell

WilyWestbrook0
06-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Good picks jberry - you have a great grasp of the history of the game already at 13, which is great to see. One thing that tires me is the argument that the old players couldn't play today - well, if they played today, they would have all the same benefits that today's players have, so they would be competing on the same level anyhow!

Wow, I talk as though I am old or something..lol.

the_future
06-26-2007, 04:47 PM
It's tough to pick between Magic Johnson and John Stockton. I might have been slightly biased, because Magic Johnson's career was cut short, and I'm not really a Laker fan. Also, I'm a huge Stockton fan. :)

gatorboymike
06-26-2007, 04:47 PM
I agree with Jberry.

L.Washington#29
06-26-2007, 10:30 PM
PG- Magic Johnson. Simply did it all and could do whatever he needed to in order to win.

SG- Michael Jordan Enough Said

SF- Larry Bird (very respected but he is still underrated) Could have easily averaged 30 ppg and instantly took the Celtics to success

PF- Tim Duncan. All the guy does is win 4 NBA Championships with the same team having the next best player being Tony Parker or Manu Ginobili is hard to do. They're good, but Duncan makes the spurs

C- Shaquille O'neal (simply because he plays in a time with bigger and stronger big men as opposed to Wilt who played in games where most teams biggest players were no where close to the size and strength of him. Shaq had to go against other 7 footers with alot of muscle) I am a little biase here but he dominates the game against other athletes his size and has done it for a long, long time. Every team he has been on has gotten to the NBA Finals. It's not a coincidence.

Bench
PG- Oscar Robertson So hard not to put him at starter. He was the LeBron of his time but alot better. Scored, Rebounded and passed like no one else. King of the triple double

SG- Kobe Bryant (he has to be on the all time list with how good he has already been). People don't like him here alot because they feel he is overrated but give me a guy with a 30 ppg average and 3 NBA titles with an 81 point game and I will be forced to put him on an all-time list. He keeps a lakers team in the playoffs every year with a supporting cast that would otherwise have the first overall lottery pick.

SF- Julius Erving Dr.J could do alot more then dunk, it is a shame that people forget it.

PF- Bill Russell He would have been a PF in todays game. Sorry Mr.Malone but Russell is the greatest pure winner in NBA History

C- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar All time leading scorer. Sky hook was damn near unstoppable.

G- Pete Maravich Could shoot from all over and mark my words that this man would have the all time scoring record or close to it if they had had the three point shot back then.

C- Wilt Chamberlain 50 ppg season and 100 point game. Enough said

Honorable mention (guys that I just couldn't help mentioning)
Charles Barkley
Bob Cousy Often forgotten. It's a shame
George Gervin
Scottie Pippen
Karl Malone
Hakeem The Dream
John Stockton
Jerry West
Jason Kidd Go ahead and laugh but look at his triple double numbers and the fact that he took a last place Nets team to the NBA Finals
Isiah Thomas
Reggie Miller
Kevin Garnett If he had a better supporting cast he would have atleast 2 or 3 rings if not more
Steve Nash Point God. Just feels like he's earned mentioning
Allen Iverson Reinvented the point guard position and the cross over
George Mikan The NBA's first great big man and first superstar

and many many more

softballa04
06-26-2007, 10:36 PM
PG.) Magic
SG.) MJ
SF.) Larry Bird
PF.) Tim Duncan
C.) Kareem Abdual Jabbar

Bench

PG.) Oscar Robertson
SG.) Pete Maravich
SF.) Clyde Drexler
PF.) Karl Malone
C.) Wilt Chamberlin
G.) John Stockton
C.) Shaquille O'neal

Just Missing The Cut:

Kobe: Hasn't played quite long enough but will be on there eventually
Lebron: If you want to crown his @ss then crown it. LOL. Only 4 years in the league
Russell
Barkley
Dominque Wilkins