PDA

View Full Version : Trading Card Newbie Here, I have a couple ?s

BSpel55
08-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Hey everyone. Glad I found this place since I'd been looking for somewhere to talk cards and I had no idea where I could go.

My first question is which of the following boxes will more consistently pull valuable cards, Topps Finest or Topps Luxury Box?

I ask because I got interested when I bought a Topps Finest hobby box back in '04 and that sorta sparked my interest although I didn't pull much exciting, Bogut x-fractor and thats about it.

My next question, because I've only bought from Topps before, is for basketball what would you recommend for someone looking to spend between $100-$200 for a hobby box? Right now I've been sticking with Topps Finest for football and basketball because I kind of like the tons of parallels, but sometimes there aren't many decent hits, and you end up with a ton of #s/599.

On a random note, something I was excited about, I managed to pull a 1/1 Rashard Lewis Finest Facts Printing Plate from the 05-06 box I broke yesterday :)

Sorry for the long post and thanks for all the help, I look forward to spending a lot of time here since on an average day at the office I only do about 15 minutes of real actual "work"

LakersMC
08-04-2007, 04:32 AM
Congrats on the 1/1. I have yet to pull a 1/1 myself. I also like the quote from my favorite movie too.

As for your questions, I don't think you can go wrong with Finest. It is a well-established brand which tend to hold their value over brands that are only around a few years (e.g. how long will Big Game or Triple Threads be around?). Finest is really popular now because they have draft redemption cards for next years class. So you could pull a Greg Oden or Kevin Durant.

I myself have always like Chrome, even though it's not the top of the line brand any more. I just like it; always have.

Anyways, welcome to SCF. Hope you enjoy your stay.