PDA

View Full Version : What have I missed?

oldtempletrader
08-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Hello there...

I used to trade a lot back in the day, but I've been out of the game for about 4 years now - my last card purchase was a box of 2003 Ovation...

What have I missed?

Reggie_Miller
08-06-2007, 12:59 AM
^^^exactly!!! lol! LeBron, Wade, Melo, and Bosh are some of the top superstars in the game right now...last year, Kobe had 81 points, LeBron was the All-Star MVP (he was also 03-04 ROY), Melo is one of the best clutch shooters in the game, Bosh is the next Garnett, Steve Nash is a 2 time MVP, Nowitzki won the MVP this season, Greg Oden and Kevin Durant are going to keep this hobby alive this season...that's the skinny!!! lol

oh, and the Celtics are the team to beat this next season!!

the_future
08-06-2007, 01:21 AM
As others have stated you have missed LeBron, Wade, Melo, and Bosh, and just recently Durant & Oden. I disagree with the team to beat though. The Celtics haven't won or proved anything yet on the court. I think the team to beat is still either the Spurs (the defending champs), Suns, or Mavs.

From a hobby point of view, you have missed a huge increase in Game-Used, Autograph, and especially numbered cards. LeBron and MJ are the #1 players to pull now (in basketball).

oldtempletrader
08-06-2007, 01:31 AM
Celtics are not the team to beat.

But anyways, I've been more than current on basketball - just missed the hobby stuff.

GU was becoming more common when I left in the first place - what's the deal with Fleer - are they dead?

I saw a MJ Fleer Auto recently - isn't he exclusively Upper Deck?

blackmamba_24
08-06-2007, 01:40 AM
reggiemiller-kobe bryant was the all-star mvp and should been the mvp...

theanswer0221
08-06-2007, 01:43 AM
kobe- have to disagree with the kobe being mvp thing. scored a ton of points, but sometimes he scored all those points, and they still didnt win, and he didnt get that many assists either. he scored all those points for spot light. he could have 20 points or 30 points and 10 assists a lot of games, but...

blackmamba_24
08-06-2007, 01:52 AM
when he doesn't score 50 points because the media is in his face being a ball hog..they lose..when he scores 50 points they win lmost every game...

Reggie_Miller
08-06-2007, 01:57 AM
reggiemiller-kobe bryant was the all-star mvp and should been the mvp...

I'm talking about last year's All-Star MVP, but yes, Kobe was this year's All-Star MVP...and no, Kobe definately shouldn't have been the league MVP. 30+ PPG, 1 assist doesn't get it

Reggie_Miller
08-06-2007, 10:18 AM
when he doesn't score 50 points because the media is in his face being a ball hog..they lose..when he scores 50 points they win lmost every game...

exactly, and your above statement is all about if his shots are falling that night. He never passes!!! It's not the media, just check out his stat sheet!!! Nowitzki, Nash, and LeBron should have been and were the top 3 candidates for this season's MVP. Congrats to Mr. Dirk Nowitzki for taking it home, although, that first round exit was brutal!!! GO WARRIORS!!!!

oh yeah, during the playoffs all the Warriors cards went way up, like Biedrins, Baron Davis, J-Rich, Barnes, Monta Ellis, etc....

theanswer0221
08-06-2007, 12:44 PM
maybe the media is in his face for being a ball hog all the time because that is ALL HE EVER DOES!!! every time his fingers touch the ball, he shoots.

Reggie_Miller
08-06-2007, 12:48 PM
i agree with every word posted above!!!!!!

oldtempletrader
08-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Fleer went bankrupt and UD absorbed them, so UD produces all 'Fleer' cards now.

What Fleer products are still made? I remember Fleer, Fleer Ultra, Fleer Focus, Fleer Autographics, EX, Fleer GOTG...

Reggie_Miller
08-08-2007, 10:46 AM
well, here's what has been recent that Upper Deck produced with the Fleer name on it:

06-07 Fleer
06-07 Fleer Ultra
06-07 E-X
and last year there was 05-06 GOTG but not this year

also, there were some Hoops products last year, and there has been Skybox Premium and other such brands in 04-05, 03-04, and before that.

oldtempletrader
08-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Topps still do Stadium Club, Chrome, Finest?

Reggie_Miller
08-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Topps still does Topps Chrome and Finest, but this year Full Court came out as the new version of Stadium Club, but Topps just released info and a checklist that this season there will be Stadium Club with Beam Team and all the other inserts, the same as what it used to be.

Reggie_Miller
08-08-2007, 08:47 PM
yeah, Stadium Club is coming back this year, with Beam Teams, the Super Teams, etc...and the Beam Teams even have the auto versions!! Here's some info on it:

Stadium Club Info Sheet (http://www.magazine-exchange.com/info/other/StadiumClubhd.doc)

Stadium Club Sellsheet (http://www.magazine-exchange.com/info/pdf/StadiumClubHobby.pdf)

Stadium Club Checklist (http://www.magazine-exchange.com/info/ss/StadiumClubBSK.xls)