PDA

View Full Version : Celtics & Telfair Parting Ways

Noahmyboy03
04-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Less than a week after Sebastian Telfair was arrested on a gun possession charge, the Boston Celtics are severing ties with the guard after one season. <br />
&quot;I wanted to let you know that we have removed...

Bondsaway
04-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Why is it some of the most talented are also among the dumbest! But he can't blame anyone but himself. Great to see the celtics step up like that. Stop these morons before they actually hurt someone!

Chuck-17
04-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Why is it some of the most talented are also among the dumbest! But he can't blame anyone but himself. Great to see the celtics step up like that. Stop these morons before they actually hurt someone!

It is not really stepping up when they cut a player who put up stats like this.

The 6-foot Telfair, a former New York schoolboy hoops legend, averaged 6.1 points and 2.8 assists a game this season for the Celtics.

I do agree with you though that it was a good move to cut him. I hope that other teams cut problem players. It would be nice if they did that for all players that have these kinds of issues. I highly doubt they would have cut him if he was a superstar.

Noahmyboy03
04-24-2007, 07:37 PM
The sad part about this is that Telfair has the potential to be a huge star in the league. I am glad that the Celtics are actually going to release him and I feel as though many other teams in all sports should take a stand and do this to players who repeatedly step out of line. They probably wouldn't do that to an established superstar but at least it is a start. I am sick and tired of seeing pro athletes getting away with things that anyone of us would windup doing time for or getting fired from our jobs. I applaud the Celtics and I hope that many other organizations start doing the same.

Bondsaway
04-24-2007, 11:28 PM
Its sad to watch sports news and hear about 10 players from different leagues having run-ins with the law. Yet most of the time nothing happens to them. I think it sends the wrong signal to our kids. I like the fact that at least the nfl commissioner brought in new code of conduct rules. The Nba is pretty good with its fines but a little more of this I believe is necessary to reign in some of these guys who still think their thugs from the hood.

The way I see it is. Every year theirs a new crop of players so if the guys don't want to play in the NBA cut them loose! It goes for all sports in general