PDA

View Full Version : Gettin back in the hobby

Ashenfelter5
12-08-2003, 06:59 PM
I need some sugestions for buying a box of cards , do u guys have ne products u really like or any hot products out there any suggestions would help thank you

starbury03
12-08-2003, 08:25 PM
How much are you willing to spend? If you have a few hundred get something like upperdeck sweet shot. If you have about fifty or so buy something like I dunno upperdeck set 1. I personally dont break open boxes as much as packs. BTW if you have a Target in the area check them for packs sealed in a plastic container that sell for $4.99 and guarentee an auto card in each pack.

bootydaddy
12-09-2003, 01:47 AM
I personally like the new Bowman Rookies and Stars Basketball. Each pack gives you 4 Bowman cards, 2 Bowman Chrome cards, and 1 Bowman Gold card. You also get 1 auto per box (no LeBron, but Carmelo is in there). Also, you can get Chrome Refractors of the hot rookies (I pulled a Gold Carmelo Anthony refractor # to 50 from my last box!). Cost = $75.00 or so a box.

mfweiland
12-17-2003, 12:33 PM
If you have like $60 to spend I would go with Fleer Tradition. You get 1 Throwback Rookie Game Used (I have seen a lot of amazing colored patches come out of this product) plus you will 99.99% positively get some type of Lebron and Carmelo Rookie or Insert. There is a rookie hot pack and tons of rare serial # cards. There are 36 packs per box so you get a lot of cards for your money as well. If you want to spend $175 I like to go with SP GAME USED. 6 packs. 6 game used or auto's. This is a quick, nice and simple bust and there is just something about that Lebron Rookie Exclusive Auto that always gets me.
Peace and Regards
Matt