PDA

View Full Version : going to sixers game tomorow night!

theanswer0221
11-15-2007, 05:27 PM
i go to philli once a year and get courtside seats. i live in ct. i do go to many nets and knicks games but therey arent anything like a sixers game. hoping i can get an auto or two.

i went during pre-season vs celtics and got these results:

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb251/theanswer-0221/07-08%20NBA%20GAMES/SIXERS%20VS%20CELTICS%20PRESEASON/

hoping to get to phili early and go to the mall and pick up a rodney carney jersey.

last year when i went i got moses malone and iggy and korver autos, basically the whole team.

would be hard to match that luck but im gonna try.

ill let you guys know the results when i get back from philly on monday!

theanswer0221
11-15-2007, 06:03 PM
well, i just found out there is an autograph session after the game with herbert hill, louis amundsdon, and willie green after the game.

everyone who brings a frozen turkey for the poor gets to enter. i dont really care for the players but id like to help a family out on thanksgiving so im gonna go buy a turkey. and print some 8x10's at costco for the heck of it.

theanswer0221
11-18-2007, 09:01 PM
it was amazing!

sixers had one of the greatast comebaacks in sixers history.

i got in the arena half hour before it opened and got to meet GREG ODEN AND IGGY! i was the only one in the arena.

i got 14 autos. here they are...

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb251/theanswer-0221/07-08%20NBA%20GAMES/SIXERS%20VS%20BLAZERS/

molly1984
11-19-2007, 01:39 AM
really cool how he personalized it! did he ask you or did you ask him? i've never had an athlete or celebrity i met personalize anything, never had courage to ask

theanswer0221
11-19-2007, 04:20 PM
well i had courtside seats, and that meant i could go to the lexus club to eat and just hang out half hour before gates opened. then i knew that the court was right there so i walked behind a reporter acting like i was his son and was in the arena all by myself. willie green and ggy came out and talked to me and started shooting. then came channing frye and taurean green for the blazers out of the blazers tunnel. then i saw a big huge giant come out of the sixers tunnel. i started to get my dalembert 8x10 out, then i saw a blazers logo. i am a huge OSU fan so i couldnt believe it. i didnt think he was with the team. and he was the only reason i got tickets to the game (i got them pre-oden injury). i was the only one in the arena along with oden and the 4 players shooting. i asked him to sign and hten he asked for my name (IM ASSUMING SO I COULDNT SELL IT, WHICH I WOULDNT ANYWAYS). i was a little nervous as i followed him even in high school and always wanted to meet him. after i got his autograph a guy kicked me out until the arena opened for everybody but i didnt care. that was the best tip to phili ive ever been too!

aiancwebb
11-19-2007, 04:27 PM
wow you got lucky, what a game that was, must have been crazy, too bad I was stupid and walked away after the first half haha

theanswer0221
11-19-2007, 04:53 PM
were you at the game?

Lithium
11-19-2007, 04:58 PM
I like the sixers, but dang, that was one hell of a letdown at the end as a blazer fan.

theanswer0221
11-19-2007, 05:06 PM
i know it was pretty bad gfor them. when they asked players what mo cheeks said to them at half time, they all said that they were to loud and bad to say in the paper.

sportsballa
11-19-2007, 05:15 PM
nice autos im going this sat. against the worriers hope to have the same luck you had

aiancwebb
11-19-2007, 05:46 PM
were you at the game?

na I wasn't there...I'm trying to get some tix for the sixers/nuggets game in philly, its not till march though

theanswer0221
11-19-2007, 05:49 PM
oh lol, i would feel like an idiot if i lefgt after the first haldf and they came back. kind of like when i left the yankee game in the 7th when they were down by 5 and a rod hit a grand slam and they came back to win.

i havent been to a nuggets/philly game, do they boo iverson or cheer for him in philly?

blalock_collector
11-19-2007, 05:54 PM
wow nice oden auto

sportsballa
11-19-2007, 06:30 PM
yea im trying to go to the nuggets game too ive been to every sixers home game vs nuggets since they got melo they will cheer iverson after all hes done!! atleast i will

aiancwebb
11-19-2007, 06:51 PM
oh lol, i would feel like an idiot if i lefgt after the first haldf and they came back. kind of like when i left the yankee game in the 7th when they were down by 5 and a rod hit a grand slam and they came back to win.

i havent been to a nuggets/philly game, do they boo iverson or cheer for him in philly?

there hastn't been a nuggets/sixers game yet since the trade

theanswer0221
11-19-2007, 07:59 PM
oh ok, yeah i feel the same, your not a true sixers fan if you dont like iverson. and at the end of his career he wont be remembered as a ghetto-rude star who had no respect and played for the nuggets, he will be known as an improbved individual, respectful, knows how to play the game, and most of all...HE WILL BE KNOWN AS A SIXER!