PDA

View Full Version : Arenas Injury

RenegadeLonghorn
11-21-2007, 01:54 AM
Surgery (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3121234)

Will this linger all season? He is the heart and soul of the Wizards team. I believe he needs weeks of rest to recover from the injury. But, if he does sit for some time the Wizards will likely fall hard and fast.

the_future
11-21-2007, 02:16 AM
the Wizards will likely fall hard and fast.

I agree... Last year the Washington Wizards struggled immensly without Arenas against the Cavaliers in the playoffs. The only bright spot that could potentially emerge from Gilbert's injury is that it should give Andray Blatche more shot attempts and time to develop. Blatche is just one of several players from the 2005-06 rookie class that have shown signs of a breakout year. Blatche scored a career high 26 points tonight, grabbed 8 boards, and dished out 4 assists.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Wizards during however long they are without Arenas. :sign0020:

mtsuskinsfan
11-21-2007, 02:18 AM
So far we are 2-0 with Arenas out of the lineup this year, not saying we dont need him but we are playing good. Hopefully this allows him time to heal and forces players to step up. As a wiz fan what better season to have him slowed then a contract season when less teams could be vying for him in the offseason... I hope!

RenegadeLonghorn
11-22-2007, 02:33 AM
Wizards win without Arenas but also get bad news. Arenas will be out 3 months. Antonio Daniels will now be starting in his place.

GilbertArenas0
11-22-2007, 02:56 AM
dang, sucks for the Wizards. Hopefully Caron Butler can keep on his scoring pace and be a leader during Nacho's absense.

franz
11-22-2007, 10:19 AM
always like that!