PDA

View Full Version : Terminology and memorabilia

gatorboymike
12-07-2007, 04:49 AM
Have you read the backs of any game-used cards made recently, and compared them to early game-used cards?

With early game-used cards you get, "On the front of this card is a piece of jersey worn by Kobe Bryant in an NBA game."

With recent game-used cards you get, "On the front of this card is a piece of memorabilia used in an NBA game."

Notice how much more vague that second one is. They don't tell you what it is, what "used" means, who used it, or how it was used. For all you know, you could think you're getting a piece of Kobe's game-used jersey, when you're actually getting a piece of Luke Walton's shooting shirt--the one he just put on the bench and sat on during halftime. And knowing what the people at Upper Deck are like and how much respect they have for us, their customers, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. Is it any wonder game-used cards have become so devalued?

hoop-be-doo
12-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Chronology is the funniest.

"You have recieved a trading card with a manufactured patch. ( this patch has never been worn by a player in a game or event) Enjoy your card!

Took a little gloss of the Noah letterman patch I pulled lol.

Nene
12-19-2007, 10:08 PM
I thought that might be the case with Chronology!!!!

Now I know it is :eek:

gatorboymike
12-20-2007, 12:42 AM
It was either that, or Noah had 99 N's in his name.