PDA

View Full Version : Vote for 2008 NBA All-Stars

RenegadeLonghorn
12-12-2007, 04:36 AM
All-star voting is on NBA.com. 39 days left to vote. Go vote now!

My votes

West
Yao Ming-C
Baron Davis-G
Chris Paul-G
Carlos Boozer-F
Tim Duncan-F

East
Dwight Howard-C
Dwayne Wade-G
Jason Kidd-G
Kevin Garnett-F
Lebron James-F

Write In Player: Ronnie Brewer

RenegadeLonghorn
12-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Anyone else vote?

the_future
12-17-2007, 01:12 AM
Vote for Amare Stoudemire! ;)

RenegadeLonghorn
12-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Garnett is the leading vote-getter

All-Star (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3169998)

12thManzAlive
01-02-2008, 03:43 AM
My Picks:

WEST:
F)Tim Duncan
F)Kevin Durant
G)Kobe Bryant
G)Steve Nash
C)Yao Ming

EAST:
F)Kevin Garnett
F)Lebron James
G)Dwanye Wade
G)Michael Redd
C)Dwight Howard

gladdyontherise
01-02-2008, 11:24 AM
a few reasons not to vote for lebron james
1. he thinks he can shoot 3 pointers, when he can't
2. he still thinks hes a point guard when hes a small forward
3. when it mattered the most in the nba finals he averages 22 points 35% from the field, 20% s point shooting and 69% free throw shooting

is this a leader of the nba, no hes OVERATTED AND WILL NEVER BE MJ
thanks for reading

12thManzAlive
01-02-2008, 12:32 PM
A few reasons not to listen to you

a few reasons not to vote for lebron james
1. he thinks he can shoot 3 pointers, when he can't

He has a lifetime 324 average, which is pretty good concidering the out side game isn't really something you think about when talking LBJ

2. he still thinks hes a point guard when hes a small forward

Why not be the point guard when he's averaging 7.6 dimes a game, which is far more than anyone else on his team, including his POINT GUARD

3. when it mattered the most in the nba finals he averages 22 points 35% from the field, 20% s point shooting and 69% free throw shooting

He may of not his best NBA finals performance, but the Cav's wouldn't have even come close to a finals without LBJ

is this a leader of the nba, no hes OVERATTED AND WILL NEVER BE MJ
thanks for reading

Yes, he may never be a MJ, only time will tell, but he sure as hell is a ALL STAR and deserves to go to the All Star Game.
Also how can you say he's over rated when he has met and exceded every rating he has ever had, and all the hype he had

thanks for reading

gladdyontherise
01-02-2008, 12:41 PM
he has not yet met the hype, he was suppose to be MJ, no one will ever be mj, its just the fact, he was something amazing that will never again happen in our lifetime and maybe ever again, lebron isnt that good, hes not a complete player, a complete player is someone like kobe bryant for his postion, they have the possible worst supporting cast and he does not make them better, im willing to say minus rebounds chauncey billups is a better player as of today

12thManzAlive
01-02-2008, 01:24 PM
he has not yet met the hype, he was suppose to be MJ, no one will ever be mj, its just the fact, he was something amazing that will never again happen in our lifetime and maybe ever again, lebron isnt that good, hes not a complete player, a complete player is someone like kobe bryant for his postion, they have the possible worst supporting cast and he does not make them better, im willing to say minus rebounds chauncey billups is a better player as of today

Are you kidding me with this? Read what you just wrote...he was suppose to be MJ, no one will ever be mj you can't compare Lebron to MJ yet, Lebron career is just taking off, that's like saying a apple tree will never grow good apples cuz it has less branches, we DON'T KNOW YET. Wait tell his career is done before you say he never lived up to his hype. Agreed though, i always thought the LBJ and MJ comparison was a stupid one, they played in different eras and could never equally be compared. MJ did things for the game LBJ could never do and LBJ is going to do thing in the league that MJ couldn't of done, there two completly differnt players. And YES, Lebron has lived up to his hype so far, he came out of high school and dominated the league, name me another player that's ever done that.

lebron isnt that good, hes not a complete player, a complete player is someone like kobe bryant
How can you say that Lebron is not a complete player and then compare him to Kobe, and say that Kobe is a more complete player, let's take a look at some stats....
2007-2008 Season
Lebron:
FG:475%
3Pt:288%
FT:701%
OFF:1.50
DEF:5.70
TOT:7.20
APG:7.6
SPG:1.85
BPG:1.12
AVG:28.8

Kobe:
FG:442%
3Pt:335%
FT:853%
OFF:1.00
DEF:5.20
TOT:6.20
APG:4.9
SPG:2.00
BPG:.57
AVG:27.1

Looks like Lebron has better overall stats then Kobe does yet you said Kobe has a better complete game then Lebron, but the stats show them pretty similar with Lebron having the slight edge, so tell me how Kobe has a better complete game then Lebron. Also, to say that Lebron has a bad supporting cast and then claiming he doesn't make his team better, who took his team to the NBA Finals? Who helped this team capture a East title? LEBRON! Tell me how many times Kobe (the more complete player:confused0024:) ever took his terrible supporting cast to the finals.

im willing to say minus rebounds chauncey billups is a better player as of today
And i'm not even going to get into this one, cuz there is no arguement, your just reaching for anything you can grab on to.

STOP being a LBJ hater and face the fact that this kid is something special and is going to be one of the top 10 or 5 players of all time!

gladdyontherise
01-02-2008, 01:30 PM
they faced the wizards WITHOUT gilbert arenas and caron butler in the 1st round, they were lucky and cant denie it is awhole different series without those 2 playing, 2nd they were lucky to beat my pistons only because flip saunders is the worst coach in the entire world, to me kobe has a better 3 point shot%, better steal AND HIS TEAM HAS THE BETTER RECORD, lebron thinks he is the team, and he thinks hes never wrong...
take a look at shooting percentage assists steals, team record, clutch performance, mvp in the finals, did you forget chauncey went 3rd in the 1997 draft??
look more closly in important #;s
i hate lebron because everyone wants to jump on his bandwagon because he was told to be good,to bad hes NOT

12thManzAlive
01-02-2008, 01:41 PM
so your arguement is that, they had a long stretch of luck that lasted all playoffs? Beat a great team thats poorly coached? Kobe is a more complete player because his team has a better record? Lebron isn't a complete player because his only been to the finals once and has never won a Finals MVP honor?

Let define complete player, i think it's someone who makes his team better while putting up good all around numbers, we looked at Kobe and Lebrons numbers and saw that LBJ was clearly the more complete player. You said to look and FG%, assists and steals, well i did and LBJ has a better FG% and APG%.

Also, did you forget that Chuancy was bust and was never really that good tell his 02-03campaign?

I'm not a LBJ bandwagoner, I've liked this kid from day one, he is a special talent you won't ever see again for a long time

gladdyontherise
01-02-2008, 01:56 PM
then agree lebron wouldve been better off going to college you have to give that much, since were both being very stubborn here, youll still have your opinon and so will i but you know hed be better off going to college, imagine if he went to ohio state, they couldve had for a year, lebron, oden, conley

12thManzAlive
01-02-2008, 02:05 PM
not sure if i'm being stubborn, but i guess i can agree that college would have been good, but we would of just dominated that too, and got taken as a freshman.
College is good for anyone but he didn't need to go to college, his game was already developed. If he came out of college he would be right where he is now, but withought 4 years of NBA experience

theanswer0221
01-02-2008, 04:46 PM
they faced the wizards WITHOUT gilbert arenas and caron butler in the 1st round, they were lucky and cant denie it is awhole different series without those 2 playing, 2nd they were lucky to beat my pistons only because flip saunders is the worst coach in the entire world, to me kobe has a better 3 point shot%, better steal AND HIS TEAM HAS THE BETTER RECORD, lebron thinks he is the team, and he thinks hes never wrong...
take a look at shooting percentage assists steals, team record, clutch performance, mvp in the finals, did you forget chauncey went 3rd in the 1997 draft??
look more closly in important #;s
i hate lebron because everyone wants to jump on his bandwagon because he was told to be good,to bad hes NOT

1. it is not LBJ's faut that wizards didnt have them
2. too get that far they have to win games which they did and made it through the playoffs which they wouldnt have done without LBJ
3. it isnt LBJ's fault everyone jumps on his banwagon
4. your not comparing GOOD TO BAD your comparing who you LIKE AND DONT LIKE. we can tell from an earlier statement about billups that you are a pistons/billups fan. billups is no where near the level that LBJ is at. you dont have to like him just dont hate on him. if you dont believe me do a poll se who peoplehink is better

Not trying to be rude but...LBJ is one of the TOP 3 pleasyers in the NBA right now and theres nothing you can do about it.

i cannot stand kobe just like you cant stand LBJ but im not gonna say kobe isnt a good player because he may be the best in the NBA atm. i dont like him because of his lack of assists and taking crdibility but im not gonna lie, he is an AMAZING player.

theanswer0221
01-02-2008, 04:49 PM
jamming- i just read yours after i posted and we both said the same thing about kobe lol. i think the whole main reason for me not liking kobe is because he wasw always compared as "competing" for best with AI. so i dont think many people can like both kobe and AI.

12thManzAlive
01-02-2008, 06:35 PM
I believe it is very petty to want someone to fail unless someone has truly done something heinous for which he deserves disciplinary punishment. Moreover, the point of this thread is to post who we voted for as All-Stars, not how much we hate or like a certain player (I personally don't like Kobe, but voted for him based on impersonal analysis of his play). Of course, people are entitled to vote for whomever they want.

With all that said, thank you for not resorting to personal insults. It could have easily fallen into that, but instead became a debate with actual points instead of ad hominem remarks. : )

i avoid personal insults and such, just wanted to debate the fact that LBJ is one of the greats, and dismiss the personal badgering. Anyway, here are my picks, I already posted them but thought we should get back to the acutal topic,

My Picks:

WEST:
F)Tim Duncan
F)Kevin Durant
G)Kobe Bryant
G)Steve Nash
C)Yao Ming

EAST:
F)Kevin Garnett
F)Lebron James
G)Dwanye Wade
G)Michael Redd
C)Dwight Howard

Of course, people are entitled to vote for whomever they want.
I voted for Durant, LOVE the kid and I'm from the WA

12thManzAlive
01-05-2008, 02:23 PM
I decided to base my votes based on who I thought was playing best at the time. I could have voted for some of my faves like Antoine (lol), but I just really want to see who I think are the current best players represented at the All-Star game. A lot of people complain that people pick favorites for the All-Star game, but I don't see a reason why fans shouldn't be allowed to do that. I like the way that it's set up so that people can base their decisions on who they think is best, who they like the most, or some combination of the two.
I like to vote for a couple of my favs, like Durant and Lebron, but I also like to vote for people that i think deserve to be there, people to me that deserve it, I cast a different vote everyday