PDA

View Full Version : 06-07 Topps "full court" or "topps Luxury box"??

Bittamtam
01-11-2008, 04:14 AM
hi guys, it has been more then 10 years since i got a box of basketball cards, recently saw some live box breaks on youtube and got me hanging for a box and live break, so heres the question, i was thinking between Topps "full court" or "Topps luxury box" its been such a long time so i basically have no idea about them any more. as i have looked the prices for these boxes are pretty simular so i was wondering which would be better?

any info would be great

Many thanks

DonMaynard
01-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Jammingjames23 has it right on this one. Luxury box is a fun open if it is the same price as full court. You have a better chance of pulling a "big hit" out of luxury box. Oh, Luxury box has fewer packs so it will be over faster :)

Zach

Bittamtam
01-11-2008, 10:44 PM
thanks guys for the info. so im guessing the luxury box is the one to go for by the sounds of it. been away from the hobby for such a long time i really have no idea what i actually want haha

sorry guys i just got one more question, kinda off toppic tho. i saw a live break on youtube for 07-08 spx, the person was getting 2 hits per pack, just wondering if thats a hot box or it's just normal pulls? also is the products any good?

Kidd and Penny collector(omg alll my penny's are worth less now lol)

regards

DonMaynard
01-11-2008, 11:18 PM
yeah 07-08 SPX is pretty good, but kinda a lot of money, 25 a pack

Zach

Bittamtam
01-12-2008, 04:00 AM
i really tht i was set on the luxury box, but then i saw "2006/07 Topps Finest Basketball Hobby Box", it is around $ more 15-20, so i was wondering if it is worth that little more for this instead of the luxury box? it has 3 mini box with 6 packs in each.

would the finest be more fun? better cards been pulled?

reagrds

tradebark
01-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Finest has rc redemption cards for the next year of rookies (in this case durant/oden etc) which is the main selling point i think

Topps in general has a pretty weak crop of players for autographs, so it is pretty difficult to get a huge hit (the closest thing is usually superfractors in finest or some kind of low numbered patch or jsy card in lux box)

I would personally avoid Topps if i were you, but whatever floats your boat :)

And yes, 2 hits per pack in Spx is a hot box

Bittamtam
01-17-2008, 06:25 AM
thanks for the info guys

i finally made up my mind and got a 0607 spx hooby box, didnt get anything good, i think the hits were

winning combo-grant hill/nelson
winning material dual jersey- stephob marbury
rc auto jersey- renaldo balkman
rc auto jersey- craig smith
spxcitement- lebron james
spxcitement- magic johnson

those are the only once worth mentioning i think

pretty crappy box i would say?

i dont need any of the cards so they are FT/FS let me know if interested

cheers

Bittamtam
01-17-2008, 06:28 AM
i tht i'll try the topps luxury out, so i got one pack of them, the cards look poretty good here is what i got

jordan farmer- rc 499/999
grant hill- authentic mezzanine relic card 084/349

cards are up for ft/fs let me know

cheers