PDA

View Full Version : David Stern orders replay for Heat/Hawks

molly1984
01-11-2008, 09:44 PM
thought this was interesting, they will play the last 51.9 seconds of the game because of an error at the scorer's table. they mistakenly credited a Haslem foul to Shaq, causing Shaq to foul out. the Hawks were also fined.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-heat-hawksreplay&prov=ap&type=lgns

gladdyontherise
01-11-2008, 10:09 PM
yea, i read about it on espn, this is very wierd, you wouldve thought shaq knew he didnt fouled and argued his case but, everyday is something new

theanswer0221
01-12-2008, 06:07 PM
This Is Stupid! Bad Calls Are Made Every Day. I Bet They Wouldnt Do It If Haslem Fouled Out With 5 Fouls. You Shouldnt Make The Hawks Re-do Something Becasue Of The Refs Mistakes!

RenegadeLonghorn
01-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Stern must be bored.

gladdyontherise
01-12-2008, 10:57 PM
this is like if there is a pass interference thats not flagged, and its decided they should replay the 4th quarter since it wasnt called and the the team loses

this is the most ridiculous thing ive ever seen in basketball and know that it wont be the last if were with david stern as commissoner

doodaa24
01-13-2008, 01:22 PM
I agree with it. It isn't a bang bang play and someone messes up. This was a group effort of mistakes. The game will probably mean nothing but at least someone is admitting there was a mistake made and they are trying to fix it the best way possible.

theanswer0221
01-13-2008, 09:05 PM
bowlen- i disagree with the stern part, he is a great commisioner

gatorboymike
01-14-2008, 01:42 PM
The only other time I know of when the league upheld a protest by a team was an incident in the late 80s where a ref refused to count a game-tying shot with 2 seconds left AFTER the play ended because he claimed he heard the buzzer go off. Even after they checked every clock in the house and they all said 2 seconds to go, and after they started the clock, waited 2 seconds and then the buzzer went off, this guy refused to change his call and stormed out of there in a hissy fit. So the commish (either Stern or O'Brien) ordered the last play of that game to be replayed at the next meeting of those two teams. History has shown that the only time the league will ever side with the players is when there has been a gross and flagrant error of judgment on the refs' part.

If anyone owns the book "The Basketball Hall of Shame," you can read more about it in there.

angel0430
01-18-2008, 09:58 AM
This is ridicolous and crazy. What is Stern thinking?