PDA

View Full Version : which cards???

aussiecrf
01-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Hey there guys i am very newly getting back into the hobby and i was wondering which cards what sort of cards would be best for a collector. Is it still worth collecting sets? should i just collect a player... or team? not sure need some help with this one. not sure if this is in the right place but i thought i might ask. any help would be appreciated. thanks guys!

aussiecrf
01-14-2008, 11:17 PM
yeah i was thinking that i would still try to do both. whats everybodys take on buying off ebay?

cmisley
01-15-2008, 01:16 AM
Personally, I look for players that excite me too watch. Also, I collect two players from my favorite team but not the whole team. Finding a favorite exciting team or player might help. Hopefully that leads you somewhere, oh and I love ebay especially when I can combine shipping. JammingJames is right, ebay can be great or costly.

tradebark
01-15-2008, 02:27 AM
eBay might be a challenge if you dont live in the U.S.; I know plenty of international collectors that hate dealing on there

But yeah it all depends on what you're into and what your budget is. As a general rule though it's a lot more economically practical (if less fun) to buy singles or lots in the secondary market than it is to bust packs/boxes.

aussiecrf
01-15-2008, 11:36 AM
thanks guys i have found a couple of guys who are from oz selling what i think are some nice cards so i will have a go. thanks for the help.

Care4Card
01-21-2008, 12:35 PM
You can also be a year or two 'offbeat' a buy box several months after their release. It's cheaper and sometimes more fun to pull a great cards from a 'cheaper' box.