PDA

View Full Version : 07-08 topps chrome pricing question

gladdyontherise
01-17-2008, 01:28 PM
i was wondering about this years topps chrome since its coming out shortly and id like to buy a box since i think its like chrome football and will skyrocket, does anyone have an opinion if the price will go up, stay the same or actually go down
please help me out
thanks

gladdyontherise
01-17-2008, 01:45 PM
football i have no idea, when the product first came out it was 64, now its 92,

basketball went down last year i think cause there was no signficant draft class, no big name, adam morrison was that and all his prices went down

this year is deeper, durant,oden,horford,brewer,etc
plus the price on a durant auto will be high

gladdyontherise
01-17-2008, 01:52 PM
idk about that situation but even without him its a MUCH deeper class than last year
imo

molly1984
01-17-2008, 01:54 PM
when is topps chrome coming out, i saw a blaster box for sale at the NBA Store and it didn't say presale or anything... ?

gladdyontherise
01-17-2008, 01:58 PM
should be within the week or early next week??

tradebark
01-17-2008, 06:25 PM
Topps chrome basketball, just like every other Topps product in the last few years, drops a LOT a few months after release. They had a boost last year because of the initial popularity of Redick & Morrison, but the product died along with the two players' rookie years..

This year is much the same, the only big name in Topps' arsenal this year is Oden, whose popularity is obviously limited since he hasn't played an NBA game yet. I'd definitely wait a bit to bust the boxes and get them at a cheaper price.

molly1984
01-18-2008, 03:09 PM
i just noticed we have a thread with the release date... it is jan 23

http://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=357537