PDA

View Full Version : Gasol To L.a

gladdyontherise
02-01-2008, 04:21 PM
the lakers recently made A HUGE move trading for pau gasol for javaris crittenton, kwame brown, 1st round picks in 2008 and 2010 season

any comments to this,
i think its a great move, they will get bynum back in a few months and will have a great starting 5 in my opinon

the_future
02-01-2008, 04:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3226203

Once Bynum comes back, this is what LA's starting lineup will probably be:

PG- Fisher
SG- Kobe
SF- Odom
PF- Gasol
C- Bynum

hoeser
02-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Wow.....that is a deal that will improve the Lakers for years to some. I think it was a great move.

BoogieDownBerlin
02-01-2008, 04:44 PM
where u get that from

gladdyontherise
02-01-2008, 04:45 PM
espn news, and the the future posted a link, its all over espn right now

kobe080
02-01-2008, 05:05 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This deal is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man, I just love Mitch Kupchak right now!!!! lol
This is prob the best trade he made in recent lakers history!
I dont expect Gasol to get used to triangle offense this year but cant wait until next year when we have a full starting five in perfect condition!!!

demonpower55
02-01-2008, 06:31 PM
I freaking hate the Grizzlies now. After going 0-12 in the first round this decade, they go ahead and trade Gasol for KWAME BROWN??? They should've at least gone for Farmar, my god.

RenegadeLonghorn
02-01-2008, 06:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3226203

Once Bynum comes back, this is what LA's starting lineup will probably be:

PG- Fisher
SG- Kobe
SF- Odom
PF- Gasol
C- Bynum

That lineup scares me.

Looks like Kobe isn't going anywhere. Good deal for the Lakers if Gasol can stay healthy. Memphis got a 1st round pick in 2008 and 2010 and freed up some salary cap. Not a bad deal for them.

Memphis also looks to be trading Stromile Swift to the Nets.

gladdyontherise
02-01-2008, 06:37 PM
but if lakers become a strong contender all memphis gets is late round 1st rounders, there still good but taking KWAME BROWN one of the biggest bust in nba history, what has he done, i also heard aaron mckie was headed to memphis as well

RenegadeLonghorn
02-01-2008, 06:52 PM
but if lakers become a strong contender all memphis gets is late round 1st rounders, there still good but taking KWAME BROWN one of the biggest bust in nba history, what has he done, i also heard aaron mckie was headed to memphis as well

Memphis is looking to rebuild. Its very clear from their previous two drafts and now with this trade. They are going to have $$$ to sign talent and build a team with two first round picks in 2008 and in 2010. Five first round picks in the next three drafts. Kwame Brown probably won't be on the team next season. They might try to deal Mike Miller too. Gasol wasn't leading them anywhere.

Pau Gasol's 2008 salary is $13,735,000. Kwame Brown's is $9,075,000 which is too high for a bench player. It will be in Memphis best interests to trade him or release him after the season.

gladdyontherise
02-01-2008, 06:55 PM
i agree with that 100%, but who pays KWAME BROWN 9 million a year!!!, no wonder anderson varejo asked for 10 million!!, they should be good, hopefully so, but we have to wait and see

kobe080
02-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Memphis might look stupid here because they traded Gasol for nothing.
But its not their move is not reasonable and not understandable.
Memphis can sign a big name free agent upcoming and draft a high first rounder which will put them right back where they are. Memphis has nothing to lose right now.
They already have a couple of nice young PGs (Conley and Lowry) who are actually fighting each other for minutes as they are playing very well.
And of course there is Rudy Gay who might turn into a guy who can score 25 pts a night if he stays safe from injury.
If Memphis can get another star in this team, this team might look pretty good.
Im not sure if they will make playoffs soon (especially in the west), but it was still a good move.
And dont forget, Jaravis Crittenton might turn into a crazy crazy player.

theanswer0221
02-01-2008, 07:06 PM
the title should be...

crittenton to memphis

trevorp121
02-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Multiple Rings on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

storm
02-01-2008, 09:46 PM
I cant wait to get to work monday after hearing this,im a lonely lifelong Laker fan living in Boston Celtics hell up here in VT.

key2win
02-01-2008, 11:14 PM
I am so shocked and surprised. The Lakers made a great move. The Kwame ERA ends!!!!! Great move, will miss Javaris, but honestly with Farmar and Sasha playing well, Javaris would never really get any minutes. This will make the Lakers one of the top teams in the west after Bynum and Ariza get back.

whalechaser
02-02-2008, 01:25 AM
Anytime you get to trade away Kwame Brown is a great move.

That said, Gasol is a great offensive player but definitely lacking on a defensive end (of course Kwame was not much better). But when Bynum comes back he and Kobe will be the major defensive presence on the team anyway.

Crittenton was a nice player, I enjoyed watching him play, Memphis had no business trading for him though as they have 2 nice young point guards they're trying to develope already. Makes NO sense, unless they're gonna use him as trade bait.

If everyone on the Lakers is healthy, they're a scary team:

Bynum
Gasol
Walton
Kobe
Fisher
---------
Odom <--- he should come off the bench to play PF because he's not good as a SF
Farmar
Turiaf
Ariza

Very deep team! A Lakers vs. Celtics finals would be fun =)

BoogieDownBerlin
02-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Memphis might look stupid here because they traded Gasol for nothing.
But its not their move is not reasonable and not understandable.
Memphis can sign a big name free agent upcoming and draft a high first rounder which will put them right back where they are. Memphis has nothing to lose right now.
They already have a couple of nice young PGs (Conley and Lowry) who are actually fighting each other for minutes as they are playing very well.
And of course there is Rudy Gay who might turn into a guy who can score 25 pts a night if he stays safe from injury.
If Memphis can get another star in this team, this team might look pretty good.
Im not sure if they will make playoffs soon (especially in the west), but it was still a good move.
And dont forget, Jaravis Crittenton might turn into a crazy crazy player.

right ,but who wants to go to memphis???

LakersMC
02-02-2008, 04:06 PM
This is my public apology to Mitch Kupchak! I am totally stoked about this one. When Bynum gets back, the front line will each be averaging about a double double. That's pretty intimidating.

Did anyone find it funny how the draft rights to Marc Gasol (Pau's brother) were sent to Memphis too? I wonder if that's ever happened before.

Piccio
02-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Rings! Rings! Rings! :sign0020: