PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Worst 3rd Pick Overall in the NBA?

key2win
02-05-2008, 03:17 AM
Since I think my first thread about the Worst 2nd Pick Overall in the NBA did fairly well and people liked it, I thought about doing this one. Let me here what you guys think. I tried something different and listed players in the first round that were drafted after that spot. If this doesnt become too redundant, I will probably do one for the 4th Pick or worse picks by teams down the line. :boxing:

Worst 3rd Pick Overall in the NBA in the last 20 Years.

Billy Owens - Decent player but was more of role player than a star. Notable first round picks taken after him were Dikembe Mutombo, Steve Smith, Bison Dele, Terrell Brandon, Dale Davis, and Rick Fox.

Christian Laettner - I know he was really good in college, but never became the player like Grant Hill became. Notable first round picks taken after him were Jim Jackson, Tom Gugliotta, Robert Horry, Doug Christie, and Latrell Sprewell.

Raef Lafrentz - I still dont get how he is still in the NBA collecting over $8 million per season. Notable first round picks taken after him were Antawn Jamison, Vince Carter, Jason Williams, Dirk Nowitzki, Paul Pierce, Bonzi Wells, Ricky Davis, and Al Harrington. :confused0024: MY CHOICE!

Darius Miles - He had so much potential and I remember when his NBA cards first came out they were on fire. This is probably one of the worse NBA Drafts in the last 15 years since the best player was taken in the 2nd Round in Michael Redd. Notable first round picks taken after him were Mike Miller, Jamal Crawford, Hedo Turkoglu, Desmond Mason, Quentin Richardson, Jamaal Magliore, and Morris Peterson.

Mike Dunleavy Jr. - I know he is doing good now, but he seemed to be struggling a lot during his Warriors days for someone drafted so high. Notable first round picks taken after him were Drew Gooden, Nene Hilario, Chris Wilcox, Amare Stoudemire, Caron Butler, and Tayshaun Prince.

Adam Morrison - With so much promise coming out of college, so far he has been dissapointing even when he was healthy. Notable first round picks taken after him were Tyrus Thomas, Brandon Roy, Randy Foye, Rudy Gay, Thabo Sefolosha, Rajon Rondo, and Jordan Farmar.

demonpower55
02-05-2008, 08:03 AM
I pick Dunleavy. He's doing good now, but never lived up to potential probably because he was playing for a (back then) third string California team.

softballa04
02-05-2008, 09:58 AM
has to be Darius Miles. Is he even in the league still?

RenegadeLonghorn
02-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Darius Miles.

rhysjsolomon
02-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Laetner! He got my pick

theanswer0221
02-05-2008, 07:06 PM
laetner...miles has some good nights.

kobe080
02-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Darius Miles=Kwame Brown
the biggest bust in recent years lol
Do Portland still have Miles?
I hope he comes back soon and prove me wrong.
But I doubt Miles will ever get better with outside shots which are so important in SF these days. I mean Grant Hill even started to take 3s with the Suns this season lol
LaFrentz had somewhat productive year when he was in Denver but never recovered.
Hehe two Dukies on the ballot I like that lol

themanishere
02-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Morrison. He's like Mark Madsen at SG/SF, except with less energy, rebounding, and defense.

Enigma
02-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Should make it 25 years and include Chris Washburn...and this is coming from a diehard Wolfpack fan...

blalock_collector
02-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Adam Morrison

he needs to learn to shave

gatorboymike
02-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Michael Jordan.

softballa04
02-06-2008, 01:09 PM
michael jordan.

LMAO

Lithium
02-07-2008, 06:42 AM
Raef averaged over 2 blocks per game in 4 seasons. Hardly a bust IMO

Ducks1978
02-07-2008, 06:46 AM
I think Laettner was the biggest let down, I remember all the hype after his finaly 4 run. I dont think he was the biggest flop, but most definatly the biggest bust.

whalechaser
02-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Miles because he's Darius Miles. blech. . . But his whole class sucked so he is comparable with his peers??

Raef not all that bad but people many drafted after him were much better thus making him a bust too. =\