PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Needed on RAW Vs GRADED?

XxViSiOnxX
02-14-2008, 10:16 PM
:confused0024: Ok all apparently theres some discussion going around the hobby world on this issue about what Card Collectors Prefer in there Collection, Graded Cards Or Raw Cards(Ungraded) So im looking for opinions and brief explanations on why you prefer what you do And what does your collection contain, (im sure it will be more raw than graded but if you had the option to grade would u) im basically looking for 10 opinions if i get more thats great but at least 10 to make it official so What Do You Prefer??:confused0024:

purpleswizzleswir
02-19-2008, 06:44 PM
I'd rather have a card raw for the most part. Graded cards really just do not do it for me.

I also really just do not want a card in my collection graded lower then 9.5, it just bothers me for display purposes.

I can see where grading makes alot sense in terms of value: vintage, 86/87 Fleer Jordan rookies, non-autographed/numbered rookie, etc.

KeenanRIVALS
02-19-2008, 06:52 PM
It all depends on your perfernce, if you don't mind cards graded and want to hold this card for years to come. If its your most wanted card, your white whale then I say go graded.

Example, in 10-15 years 2003-04 Exquisite Collection maybe one of the most wanted sets in recent years, but alot of people may think the rookie auto patches are fake or w/e reason. So if you were to be on of the guys who own this card today and got it slabbed then it would be better for resell or if you just wanted to hold it so no damage could be done to that type of card.

If this is just a regular everyday card then having it graded is pointless. I perfer my cards ungraded but my white whale (98-99 Showcase Row 1 Legacy /99 of Nowitzki) I would want to be graded or authenticated to keep its condition safe.

whalechaser
02-19-2008, 09:02 PM
I personally prefers non-graded cards as I like to keep my collection in albums and those 9 card holders. Saves space and easier to look and admire the bunch of cards I have.

Grading IS useful though for cards that are often faked (jordan rookie, robinson rookie) so I would prefer to get a graded version in those instances. Also useful if there is a card you want to keep in mint/pristine condition forever.

Otherwise, I try to keep my cards in decent condition in their toploaders/sleeves/boxes and have no need for grading. My collection is more for enjoyment more so than investment so perhaps that's why I don't really care for graded.