PDA

View Full Version : Bulls, Cavs and Sonics Do 11 Player Trade!

sch1tz0fr3nik
02-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Ya, huge Deadline Trade between the 3 teams.

Chicago Gets - Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, Cedric Simmons , Shannon Brown
Seattle Gets - Ira Newble, Donyell Marshall, Adrian Griffin
Cleveland gets - Ben Wallace, Wally Szczerbiak, Joe Smith,Delonte West and Chicago's 2nd Rd pick in 09

nadeau01_johnson48
02-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Cavs are shapin up pretty good! Can't wait for next year, when basically our entire roster will be FA's or expiring contracts...I can already see Gilbert Arenas wearing that Cavs jsy in 09!!!! And we got Delonte West, not Chicago.

Ryan52
02-21-2008, 06:07 PM
i wish these trades happened at NHL trade deadline..

sch1tz0fr3nik
02-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Nadeau - Ah thanks for that catch, just must have typed it too quick...Cleveland finally gets some much needed help for Lebron...All those guys are experianced starters

aharner55
02-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Seriously as a Cavs fan, I am not too pumped about this. Ben is old and we replaced mediorce players with more mediocre players.

sch1tz0fr3nik
02-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Well its new Mediocre players...so its sparks hope that the Old ones didnt

BoogieDownBerlin
02-21-2008, 06:12 PM
im the happiest man right now,

thx god for letting larry hughes free!

it always was larry`s fault when the cavs are losing.

and cavs-fans are u really thinking u are a contender now.

good luck with wally and ben "5 ppg" wallace.

ive bee watching the cavs-board for a long time, and there always talking trash about larry when they losing.

but when lbj shoots 5-15 everything was great, LOL

keep ya head up larry, and good luck in chicago

will be fun watching you in the backcourt with Kirk...

nadeau01_johnson48
02-21-2008, 06:14 PM
im the happiest man right now,

thx god for letting larry hughes free!

it always was larry`s fault when the cavs are losing.

and cavs-fans are u really thinking u are a contender now.

good luck with wally and ben "5 ppg" wallace.

ive bee watching the cavs-board for a long time, and there always talking trash about larry when they losing.

but when lbj shoots 5-15 everything was great, LOL

keep ya head up larry, and good luck in chicago

will be fun watching you in the backcourt with Kirk...

Your missing the point.

Ben Wallace is the DEFENDER we need to shut down KG in the playoffs.

We dropped big LONG-TERM salaries, and replaced them with big SHORT-TERM salaries.

This will help out at the trade deadline next year b/c of all the expiring contracts.

This will give us a TON of cap space for next season's offseason. You know, the one when Michael Redd, Antawn Jamison, Gilbert Arenas, etc. become free agents.

This trade sets us up to get LeBron his "Pippen" at the end of next year.

Once that happens, this trade will end up being the one thing that KEEPS LeBron in Cleveland the rest of his career.

This trade was PURE GENIUS. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know a thing about basketball, as far as technicalities goes.

BoogieDownBerlin
02-21-2008, 06:18 PM
yeah for the future maybe...

but i guess lbj wants the title now and not in maybe 2-3 years.

do u really think ben wallace can handle garnett or rasheed..

i had no problem with cavs-fans till they started the hole larry hughes thing.

i mean it ALWAYS was larry hughes his fault if something went wrong.

thats the point that makes me angry.

nadeau01_johnson48
02-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Thats because Larry Hughes was making 12 Million a year to score 12 points a night. He was crap.

And do you really think Ben Wallace CAN'T handle Rasheed or KG? Your nuts if you think he can't.

Drew Gooden can't handle those guys.

LBJ will settle for a title in 2-3 years, when he doesn't have the players to do it this year.

Trust me. You hating on Cavs fans b/c they hate on Hughes is a ridiculous statement. You can't tell me someone who OVER THREE YEARS, averaged 10 points, 2 assists, and 3 rebounds a game WHILE MISSING over 30% of those games doesn't deserve to be hated on when making 12-13 MILLION a year.

BoogieDownBerlin
02-21-2008, 06:29 PM
its not his fault...

i guess ferry gave him this contract...LOL

gooden is way better then wallace ...IMO

im just laughin at these comments at the cavs.forum right now, about saying they are a contender now.

i would love to see the defense from wally in the playoffs against ray allen or richard hamilton LOL

dont want to start any argument, just want to say im very happy.

and i wish lebron the best for the future, but he will never win a championship in cleveland.

blalock_collector
02-21-2008, 06:36 PM
wow.... this is an interesting trade but I don't think it makes the CAV's any better....

and btw Berlin25, you type funny

no offense, just had to say that

BoogieDownBerlin
02-21-2008, 06:41 PM
wow.... this is an interesting trade but I don't think it makes the CAV's any better....

PREACH!!!!

why i`m funny:confused0024: yeah sorry for my baaaaad english but im from germany, i want to see u to type in german-language ...LOL

sorry for my emotions, but i`m so happy right now:party0053::party0053::party0048::party0048:

blalock_collector
02-21-2008, 06:52 PM
PREACH!!!!

why i`m funny:confused0024: yeah sorry for my baaaaad english but im from germany, i want to see u to type in german-language ...LOL

sorry for my emotions, but i`m so happy right now:party0053::party0053::party0048::party0048:

Actually I wasn't talking about your english, your english is actualyl ok but the way you type is different

it's like all evenly spaced like a term paper and I've never seen that on a forum before :sign0020:

BoogieDownBerlin
02-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Actually I wasn't talking about your english, your english is actualyl ok but the way you type is different

it's like all evenly spaced like a term paper and I've never seen that on a forum before :sign0020:

oh sorry for that i thought u mean my english:smokin:

12thManzAlive
02-21-2008, 07:52 PM
wow! Sonics get more crap to replace there other crap!! WOOO!

selby56
02-21-2008, 08:16 PM
I think this does help the Cavs some, the D has been one of the main concerns. I have a feeling if they just keep stacking the good players up, Championships are bound to come.

RenegadeLonghorn
02-21-2008, 10:52 PM
And the Cavs still didn't land a PG. At least they will have a powerful frontline of Big Z and Ben Wallace I'm not sure what this trade does for Chicago and Seattle other than to help with salary cap.

sch1tz0fr3nik
02-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Seattle is full of Dumb moves...the Francisco Elson, Brent Barry and a 1st Rd pick for Kurt Thomas didnt make much sense on their part...Maybe they will Trade Luke Ridnour to Cleveland before They split from Seattle. He would be a good fit with lebron

LakersMC
02-22-2008, 01:42 AM
why i`m funny yeah sorry for my baaaaad english but im from germany, i want to see u to type in german-language ...LOL

Ich kann Deutsch sprechen. Aber nur ein bisschen. Ich habe alles vergessen.

Anyways, I actually think Cleveland helped themselves. I'm not sold on how much Ben Wallace has left in the tank, but I actually think Wally Szczerbiak has been shooting pretty well. And he should get a lot of open looks in Cleveland. They need to get some more pieces before they can hang with the big boys though (Det, Bos).

whalechaser
02-22-2008, 04:12 AM
The move does help Cleveland in terms of expiring contracts... I'm not sure what Chicago is doing though.... blech... wouldn't it have been better to just wait until Wallace's contract to expire so they can grab one of the 09 free agents? The Bulls are headed back to the dark ages... =\

blalock_collector
02-22-2008, 12:36 PM
I think this does help the Cavs some, the D has been one of the main concerns. I have a feeling if they just keep stacking the good players up, Championships are bound to come.
Yeah it only makes sense for them because of the defense they get back, Wally will also give them the points they lost by trading Larry Hughes