PDA

View Full Version : Which most influences who you collect?

KSquaredd
03-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Recently, I have noticed that people are collecting certain players for many different reasons. So I was wondering why do you collect the certain players you do?

1.The collage the attended.
2.The NBA team they play for.
3.Value of the certain player.
4. How easy they are to collect.
5. Just like them, but can't explain why.
6. Roots you may have with a player (if you know them, or where they grew up)
7. Other

I am really curious and want to hear your thoughts! Thanks!

Juvenile404
03-02-2008, 09:09 PM
I collect all the Gators because I go to the University of Florida, I collect Dwyane Wade because I am a Heat fan and because I like him for some reason I cannot explain. I collect Kapono and Redick just because I love shooters and they are pure shooters. They are cheaper to collect, which is good for me, lol. I also collect Jordan because, well who the hell doesn't collect Michael Jordan! For me, on that list, the two most important reasons would be because of the college they attended and because I just like the guy. I am a big Heat fan, but I don't particularly collect all of the players on the Heat or even most of them. Teams change their players too many times for me to collect players based on my team preferences, so I'd have to say that is really not a reason why I collect a player. I also don't tend to take into account how easy the player is to colelct that often. Granted, if I can't get anything of the player, then I probably won't collect.

KSquaredd
03-02-2008, 09:12 PM
I very much agree. Hmmm...gators though??! I am a Tennessee fan because i live in WI and i love bruce pearl ever since he took the UWM panthers to the sweet 16. I like the bucks too, because no one else does. My favorite college team is georgia tech, and i like college basketball more than the NBA, so that is my biggest influence.

molly1984
03-02-2008, 10:12 PM
interesting question, i checked off #6 though i technically have not collected someone for that reason yet, but i am planning to if this one player who went to my HS (after i graduated) makes it to the NBA.

i picked #2 & 5, because usually I collect players I just happen to like and players on the suns (my favorite team).

RenegadeLonghorn
03-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Checked off 1, 2, and 4. I'm primarily a team collector. Great idea for a poll!

Leroy22001
03-02-2008, 10:21 PM
I am more into vintage cards that have a history behind them. Therefore I selected other. Great Poll though!!!

KSquaredd
03-02-2008, 10:31 PM
i can relate to almost all of these for reasons....the problem is, i cant collect everyone...that would be cool though...Thanks for voting!

dgabel
03-02-2008, 11:16 PM
I definately collect by college affiliation. University of Illinois basketball was always something special I shared with my dad. My going to school there made the connection even stronger. That is why I collect Deron Williams, Luther Head, Dee Brown, etc.

the_future
03-03-2008, 03:09 AM
I checked off options 2 and 5. I'm mainly a player collector.

trevorp121
03-03-2008, 12:42 PM
I checked off 2.The NBA team they play for, and 5. Just like them, but can't explain why.

I checked off #2 because if are, were or are becoming a laker then I am collecting their cards.
and
I checked off #5 because players like Carmelo, Lebron, and Chris Paul I just started collecting them without realizing it.

gatorboymike
03-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Both guys I collect (see my sig) I just kind of got into by default, when I noticed I'd accumulated a few ultra-rare cards of them unintentionally.