PDA

View Full Version : A letter patch that is not the player's number/name?

abo-forever
03-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Sometimes I see on ebay there are letter patches that totally do not relate to the player's number or name.

I think they're called the number patch or something. what are they? they're just some jersey signed by the player and cut into pieces?

KSquaredd
03-02-2008, 10:52 PM
i dont think so. i think they are just letters that were never on a jersey. They pick a random number from the players stats and order a certain number of the numbers making that up, stick it in a card and have it signed. they are nice cards though! It would be cooler if they were GU though.

hornsfan92
03-02-2008, 10:52 PM
well, there are two different things.

there are by the letters, which are letters either spelling out their name, team name, or maybe like HOF or ROOKIES or something..different #d parrellels. for example the ones / to 75 would be their name and /15 would be like team name..

and by the numbers are just the same thing as the letters but they are numbers either from their jersey, when they were drafted, or some other signifigant number.

hope that clears it up for you.

nadeau01_johnson48
03-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Also, keep in mind ALL of these mentioned are manufactured patches, not ones directly from a game-worn jersey.

hellopkb
03-16-2008, 03:29 AM
still worth it for people looking for specific letters