PDA

View Full Version : Agent Zero Rising

RenegadeLonghorn
03-05-2008, 02:11 AM
After 3 1/2 months, Gilbert Arenas returned to the practice court with his first full contact practice. Arenas is currently targeting a March 25th return.

blalock_collector
03-13-2008, 05:48 PM
and on another note. He says he will opt out of his contract.

RenegadeLonghorn
03-15-2008, 12:39 AM
Washington is likely to make the playoffs, so expect Arenas to be back at some point this season. Target date is still March 25, but he wants to go through a whole week of practice with no pain before returning to game action.

RenegadeLonghorn
03-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Arenas could be back as early as this week. Do the Wizards need him?

molly1984
03-17-2008, 11:37 PM
personality wise, he is the face of the wizards. as for do they need him... they've gotten used to this whole season without him, so i guess we'll see how things go when he comes back.

RenegadeLonghorn
04-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Arenas still has not returned to NBA action. The Wizards are 5th in the East and likely to make the playoffs. If he does come back, how beneficial will he be in the playoffs?

angel0430
04-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Missing all those games and trying to comeback.....I think he would mess up the way they are playing now.

demonpower55
04-02-2008, 12:52 PM
I don't think that the Wizards' system would mess up if Arenas comes back, but it would put the younger players and role players (ie: Nick Young) back in their place and stunt their development.

Arenas, to me, is a huge distraction to Washington, and I personally dislike his cockiness and arrogance, but the man has done what he says and would probably be a welcome addition to a team riddled with so many injuries.

Missing all those games and trying to comeback.....I think he would mess up the way they are playing now.

kobe080
04-02-2008, 12:59 PM
I dont know about Arenas with Wizards.
I also hate his cockiness and arrogance.
Im not sure how he will fit in this team that well now.
The only good thing is that Wizards need him in a close game situation because they don't have anybody who can make big shots.
Last season, Arenas showed he can but will he this year after missing so many games?
Even Jordan wasnt the JORDAN in 94-95 season after he came back from baseball.
and we all know Arenas isnt Jordan...
It would be interesting to see them but I hope Wizards get rid of him this offseason.
I would love to see Caron Butler leading this team...he's such an underrated player.

molly1984
04-02-2008, 01:17 PM
I don't think of him as cocky or anything, but I think that he isn't afraid to say whatever he wants and also that he enjoys the spotlight/doing crazy or goofy things. I'd say that most fans here like him... I did read in an article somewhere that he talked about how he would take less pay if it meant the Wizards could keep Jamison around. We'll see how the summer goes.

Oh and he was cleared to play today, but there is no date in mind for his return and he won't play tonight (i'll be at the game tonight by the way :). I think it would help the Wizards if he could at least play next week and get a feel for how the team will be with him, to prepare them for the playoffs.

RenegadeLonghorn
04-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Arenas returned to action tonight. He played 20 minutes and scored 17 points on 5-9 shooting. Dramatic return at home spoiled by a one point Milwaukee win.

molly1984
04-02-2008, 11:58 PM
i went to the game and i got to my seats right when arenas came in... and it was so crazy that he came back! especially with all the reports that he was not playing tonight. it would have been so sweet for him if the wizards would have won, he had hit the go ahead free throws. the wizards actually led for pretty much the entire game by about 10.... the last 30 seconds of the game were nuts and Ramon Sessions of all people hit a buzzer beater, which was a really close call, but the officials looked at a video to be sure and ruled that he got it off in time :rant:

RenegadeLonghorn
04-04-2008, 12:14 AM
i went to the game and i got to my seats right when arenas came in... and it was so crazy that he came back! especially with all the reports that he was not playing tonight. it would have been so sweet for him if the wizards would have won, he had hit the go ahead free throws. the wizards actually led for pretty much the entire game by about 10.... the last 30 seconds of the game were nuts and Ramon Sessions of all people hit a buzzer beater, which was a really close call, but the officials looked at a video to be sure and ruled that he got it off in time :rant:

You picked the right game to go to! Except for the outcome of course.