PDA

View Full Version : Impotant "?" regarding the year of bball cards

walt55054life
03-06-2008, 04:03 AM
Most card since 05 or 06, usually will say in fine print 06 UDC(etc), and then above the fine print in a little bigger sometimes bolder font 06-07 NBA FLEER! However, some cards for ex. my Bowman elevation says in fine print "06 NBA Topps etc" and above it NOTHING. My question is for cards that do not specfically say 06-07 or 05-06 and just say 05 when I'm looking in my beckett, tuff stuff, etc. is that card an 05-06 or is it an 04-05? A very neebie question I know? Still waiting on first beckett in mail and all I have is Tuff stuff which doesn't list all cards numbers....therefore I cannot find the card number to match the year.....is that the only way? help from any1 would be highly apprechiated.
Thanks all who respond,
Walt Di$ney

walt55054life
03-06-2008, 05:01 AM
didn't feel I need to edit the previous, but are the years more of of a card set comes out before the new year then a card that says 05 would actually be an 04-05? and if it that set comes out after the new yea then it's a 05-06? or is there a previous forum I can read that answers this question?

molly1984
03-08-2008, 01:03 PM
it should be season based, regardless of if it comes out in september 07 or march 08, it is still a card for the 2007-2008 NBA season. Does that make sense? As for the copyright date in small print on a product, i don't know, that might be the year it actually came out in the store. Just go by what season the card is from, and it is usually easier to figure out if you have a base card from that set with some player stats on the back (if you look at the stats, and they end in 04-05, then you know the card is from the next season, so it is from an 05-06 set)

hope that helps, i was a little confused about what you were asking but i think that's what you wanted to know.

walt55054life
03-08-2008, 02:29 PM
it should be season based, regardless of if it comes out in september 07 or march 08, it is still a card for the 2007-2008 NBA season. Does that make sense? As for the copyright date in small print on a product, i don't know, that might be the year it actually came out in the store. Just go by what season the card is from, and it is usually easier to figure out if you have a base card from that set with some player stats on the back (if you look at the stats, and they end in 04-05, then you know the card is from the next season, so it is from an 05-06 set)

hope that helps, i was a little confused about what you were asking but i think that's what you wanted to know.
Thanks I examined enough cards by now to figure that out:sign0020:, but Thanks for the response anyway....
~walt

molly1984
03-08-2008, 02:34 PM
ok maybe i did not understand your question sorry lol.. are you saying that sometimes cards in tuff stuff are listed with only one year?