PDA

View Full Version : Never buy Fleer Redemptions!

bdrr
01-17-2004, 10:34 PM
sometime last August, right when Ultra came out, i bought and sent in a Vince Carter auto redemption. Now this was, oh five-and-a-half months ago and i still havent gotten it. In early december i emailed them to ask what was taking and they told me "the player hadn't returned the signed cards to them", so i waited until two days ago, and wrote them the kind of email that could only be described as "very annoyed but said with a smile" :eek: anyways, they said they would send me a replacement Vince Carter auto (which i guess is nice because the one im supposed to get only books $60, so what they send me should be a lot more) within the week. However, it is my guess it wont get here until next month, that is if they dont forget about it.
Also, this is about the FOURTH card ive sent in that0 ive had to contact them and ask where the heck my card was (only the first time i had to demand a replacement though).

Anyway, the moral here is: DONT BUY FLEER REDEMPTION CARD. LET SOMEONE ELSE DEAL WITH IT AND BUY THE REDEEMED CARD OFF THEM!!! :)

my rant is thus over
Zach

DMILES
01-17-2004, 10:35 PM
ok, i won't buy fleer redemptions!!

bdrr
01-18-2004, 11:54 PM
lol...my goal has been fulfilled :)

mfweiland
01-21-2004, 12:08 AM
Yes fleer always takes along time. Yes I always have to call and ask where the heck is my card and beg for them to send it to me (like the time I sent in a chris webber triple redemption-after months I called and they said oh we never made that card would you like us to send you this one.) Although fleer sucks at redemeeing cards when I get the cards I am very happy and when you call the number a very nice person always picks up quickly and can answer your questions (I always prefer to talk to someone in person). I WILL NEVER BUY A FLEER REDEMPTION but always seem to be stuck with them after opening packs. The number to call is 1-800-343-6816
My 2 Pesos
Matt
P.S. I just read a big article in the new tuff stuff how Upper Deck is totally focused on improving there redemption process and might get it under two weeks all the while sending you another cool card (the article mentioned a lebron card and had a picture of it) to hold you off until the real redemption card arrives. GO UPPER DECK-hopefully other card companies will follow suit. I have always thought fleer should outsource this function because they do suck.

bdrr
01-21-2004, 12:11 AM
upperdeck is indeed awesome
BUT
Donruss/Playoff is even better! they sent me a 4-color patch that had to be re-seriel-numbered to 25 replacement in less then a month!

TheBurn
01-21-2004, 12:42 AM
fleer does suck...i bought a couple fleer boxes back in october and contacted them about damaged cards and the terrible cards I got...out of the 3 boxes I didnt get a insert, gu, or auto...got dozens of triples and more doubles than I could count...they told me to send them the UPC's and they would send me 'packs representative of the odds' so I crammed a bubble mailer full of all the UPCs from the boxes and the packs :) Its been a few months and I have received nothing...BUT...Playoff is awesome :)
oh so is upper deck..i got 3 redemption cards in two weeks! Very Fast turnaround!!

truffleshuffle
01-23-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by mfweiland

P.S. I just read a big article in the new tuff stuff how Upper Deck is totally focused on improving there redemption process and might get it under two weeks all the while sending you another cool card (the article mentioned a lebron card and had a picture of it) to hold you off until the real redemption card arrives. GO UPPER DECK-hopefully other card companies will follow suit. I have always thought fleer should outsource this function because they do suck. I dought that ud will actual be able to get there redemption problem problems fixed if they handle them like there replacements for damaged cards. i sent in two damaged cards almost six months ago when the first three months passed i called to find out what was going on and they didn;t have me down in there system as sending in anything. They had lost my package. Im glad i have delivery conformation. I had to fax them my conformation slip to them. I waited two or three days to see if they recived my fax and they guy i faxed it to said yes and he was working on my package and said i should get it soon. Well almost three more months go by so i called them the other day to see what was going on. Well to my surprize the still haven't found my package and now they lost my fax and the guy that was working on my package didn't put me in the computer and come to find out he dosen;t even work there anymore. so i had to refax every thing the conformation slip and my info and all. I hope they get more than there redemptions problems fixed:hop: :eek: :hop:

mfweiland
01-24-2004, 12:24 AM
that is really bad. Fleer really does suck but they make such great cards. They need to outsource these duties. Anyone want to start a company (lol)?