PDA

View Full Version : Discuss your teams run(or snub) in the NCAA Tourney

pr0phet
03-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Heres the thread to discuss all March Madness action. Ill start it off by saying the Badgers got snubbed again. They play some of the toughest defense in the entire league and they are a 3 seed. They should be a two over Duke and even argued over GeorgeTown

theproudestmonkey
03-17-2008, 02:53 PM
thats debatable jay.....dont think they are hands down a better team than Duke or Gtown.....for one, they lost to duke in the regular season by 24 points.....wisconsin's best win this year was texas (by a point, good win none the less)....but after that, they lost both games to purdue (who i think is the 2nd best team in the conference)....wisconsin also lost to marquette, which is a common opponent with duke (who beat marquette).

im still in shock that arizona state and VT got shafted!! love to hear the explanation as to how Nova got in over them (and im a Big East guy).

TheTGB
03-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Go Portland State! They are going to beat Kansas!

....If Kansas has some issue with all of their players at the same time.

theproudestmonkey
03-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Go Portland State! They are going to beat Kansas!

....If Kansas has some issue with all of their players at the same time.

lol, yeah.....cause kansas is about as balanced as the come....a few 13s/14s i kinda like though :smokin:

pr0phet
03-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Im not to familiar with nova John, but the excuse that they gave Arizona for getting in should have applied to VT. Sure they had a weaker schedule, but they played all their games close as well.

If you want to argue losses for Wisconsin and common foes, how about the fact that Duke lost to MIAMI. Don't forget the win against Texas was AT Texas. And whats the point of conference tournies if that will not help their seeding. Duke didn't even make it to the finals, losing to an unraked Clemson. Wisconsin WINS their tournament. They also lost to Wake Forest. And you may hate on the Big 10, but be honest with your self. After UNC and Duke it drops, then it drops QUICKLY after Clemson. One other thing I should mention in this, how about the fact that Duke played both of their opponents at home. If they played on the road I would love to see how things shake out. I do know that Marquette knocked off a big team last year(I think it was Duke) at their home. Bo Ryan has one of the best records at home as well. And its not like the RPI is that big of difference with Duke at 6 and UW at 11. I truly believe Duke should have been a 3 seed while Wisconsin was a #2 seed.

To summarize, I think the Badgers got a good deal all the way to the sweet 16. If they can defend Hibbart(which I think Butch can do so) I think they can control the tempo against GeorgeTown. And playing Kansas in the elite 8, well I will be a homer there and say Badgers can win that one too. It will all come down to tempo tempo tempo. If the game becomes a fast pace 85-80 game, the Badgers are done for. If they can keep it 54-50 they will win 9 times out of 10 because thats the game that comes down to free throws.

The general public is looking for the most flashy and fast paced matchup. The badgers are just the opposite of that and will get completely overlooked because of it. If they lose a game you will see poor free throw shooting, bad transition defense, and multiple turnovers. The 3 common foes in all their previous losses.

theproudestmonkey
03-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Im not to familiar with nova John, but the excuse that they gave Arizona for getting in should have applied to VT. Sure they had a weaker schedule, but they played all their games close as well.

If you want to argue losses for Wisconsin and common foes, how about the fact that Duke lost to MIAMI. Don't forget the win against Texas was AT Texas. And whats the point of conference tournies if that will not help their seeding. Duke didn't even make it to the finals, losing to an unraked Clemson. Wisconsin WINS their tournament. They also lost to Wake Forest. And you may hate on the Big 10, but be honest with your self. After UNC and Duke it drops, then it drops

i dont hate big 10 bball as much as football, lol

i just think with all the factors out there that they try and use to seed these teams, the one thing that has to mean something is head to head matchups.....and reguardless of what duke/wisconsin did during the year, who played who, whose conference was better, strength of schedule, blah blah blah, they were out of conference opponents and wisconsin got crushed.....so to say that wisconsin is AUTOMATICALLY better than a team that beat them by 24 points just doesn't jive with me, lol

oh, and duke beat unc at chappel hill, so id say that more then eliminates the beating texas at texas arguement

nova isn't the only team i got a beef with....look at arizona!! arizona gets in over arizona state.....play in the same conference, asu had a better conference record (9-9 to 8-10), a better overall record, and arizona state beat arizona TWICE!! those stats alone are enough to justify asu getting in over arizona in my opinion

RenegadeLonghorn
03-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Texas has an excellent chance to make it to the championship game. There are some tough teams in their bracket. However, the South regionals are in Houston and the Final Four in San Antonio. Win two, and essentially homecourt advantage the rest of the way.