PDA

View Full Version : NBA Starting Five Promotion

molly1984
03-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Has anyone participated in this? And what kind of card did you get? The advertisement I saw said autos are possible.

http://www.nba.com/starting5promotion/

I forget which players you need to get, but from what I recall it was LeBron, Dwyane Wade, Steve Nash and two others. And it looked like this was a Topps promotion and I'm unsure if all 5 cards have to be from the same set.

Well, I can't play anyway because no shops in VA are listed in that list on the website :rant:

RenegadeLonghorn
03-23-2008, 03:51 AM
One store in my city. I have no idea where it is though. Google map I suppose.

ta5
03-23-2008, 06:38 PM
I have no stores near me...

garnett_21
03-27-2008, 07:53 PM
closest store to me is nearly 80 miles away....geesh!

dpetty21
03-29-2008, 11:30 AM
I was just going to ask about this. I spent $40 in the card shop yesterday trying to get all 5 players and I did. I got the Card but mine was not autographed. It didn't look like anything special to me. It Wasn't numbered or anything.It just Looked like a base card. Anyone know anything else about this? Any idea of it's value yet?

molly1984
03-29-2008, 11:33 AM
what player's base card did you get? i wonder if there is a set of these cards being given out... the commercial i saw just said autos are possible, so i guess you could really get anything.

did you have to put together the 5 players from one set, or could you mix and match sets?

dpetty21
03-29-2008, 12:01 PM
I was told there were I believe 150 Lebron Auto's.I was also told that that's the only players auto the shops were told would be on the cards but the shop owner said there may others that weren't mentioned. Anyways the way it works is... You buy anypack of basketball cards and you have to get a card for each of the 5 players. You have to open them in the store so they know you're not cheating. My store bought a bunch of boxes of cheap boxes so the packs only cost me $.99 and I bought a few packs of topps cards to switch it up and managed to get a GU which I was happy about. Anyways the 5 players you have to get are Lebron, Steve Nash, Dwayne Wade, Dwight Howard and Carmelo Anthony. Also each store only gets $50 cards and they are sealed in a black holder so it is totally random.