PDA

View Full Version : I need help

marbury3
03-29-2008, 10:02 AM
hey guys. i just found this forum and think it's great. i think i'm goingto start posting here now.

but some guys want to trade with me at a local shop and i need some advice.

THEY WANT ME TO GIVE THEM:
Kobe Bryant 2007-2008 Stadium Club Jsy ($15)
" " Bazooka Power Jersey ($15)
and
Jordan Farmar RC AU Sweet Shot -600 ($30)

I'LL GET IN RETURN:
Darryl Dawkins AU ($25)
Bernard King AU ($25)

ANOTHER TRADE:

THEY WANT ME TO GIVE THEM:
Andrew Bynum RC AU ($40)

I'LL GET IN RETURN:
Bernard King AU ($25)

i usually go for the player investment and not the $ itself.
in your opinion, am i getting jipped in any of these deals?

juviebest
03-29-2008, 10:05 AM
I wouldn't do those deals. Bynum and Farmar go for quite a bit on ebay. You can get a King or Dawkins auto on ebay for $5-$10 dlvd. So yeah I wouldn't take those trades.

dakota
03-29-2008, 10:06 AM
unless you really want them, your losing on those deals

dakota
03-29-2008, 10:11 AM
i'd be interested in the kobe gu check my bucket

garnett_21
03-29-2008, 10:44 AM
me personally - I would absolutely NOT do those deals...the stuff you'd be getting probably wont go up too much in value, where as the Bynum should definitly go up (he's a star in the making), Jordan Farmar should be a decent bench player, and the Kobe's will go up too just cuz he's Kobe

the way I look at it - RC autos are hard to come by, and they should go up in value, even if they are a bench player.

BTW - welcome to the site!

reckless_life
03-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Yeah...

The Darryl Dawkins and Bernard King Autos will always be available for cheap, and will never go up in value unless one of them kills someone or starts coaching and does well. Who do you collect? I am interested in most of those cards you are trying to trade (need to know what Bynum it is).

molly1984
03-29-2008, 11:09 AM
the second trade, i wouldn't do. Bynum is a rising star and I don't even know who King is (I just looked on Wikipedia, was he even drafted?).

I also moved your thrad to Basketball Card Talk, the Basketball Card Trading forums are for trading with members here, if you want advice on trades or just to talk generally about cards, your post should go in Card Talk.

Welcome to the site!!

elbobman
03-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Make a counter offer, my sister owns a card shop and she mostly always offers lowball on things, it's the general thing for business owners to do. Find something they have that you WANT, then offer for it. Thanks

J.R.

jtrinaldi
03-29-2008, 11:30 AM
yeah i havent herd of king ur losing on both deals don't do it