PDA

View Full Version : Favorite 07-08 Basketball Card Product

CHillyDoggy
04-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Alright guys, we have a few products yet to be released this year but I am wondering what is your favorite overall product so far? Considering everything from design, box value... everything! ;)

CHillyDoggy
04-04-2008, 11:06 PM
I love the Sweet Shot design every year. My favorite autos are always the ones on the piece of basketball material. ;) Love the design too. Not as fond of them going to the tin this year but still my favorite. Love the look of the Elevation that just came out too and some high end stuff like UD Black also. Stadium Club was the best value per box this year I thought too.

molly1984
04-05-2008, 06:41 PM
i like sp rookie edition, then probably topps chrome second. of course i don't even know what some of these look like since i didn't buy them or read much about them.. so my answers are based on personal experience.

AndyG23
04-06-2008, 09:48 AM
bowman elevation is pretty sweet this year.

beex215
04-06-2008, 09:56 AM
i only looked at the lower end boxes around 50$.what i saw it seems like artifacts would be where my money goes.

dgabel
04-06-2008, 12:42 PM
From personal experience, I would say Bowman. You can get some nice hits in a box and maybe even a hot box. Very fun product to break and a good value.

RenegadeLonghorn
04-08-2008, 12:29 PM
I haven't had the opportunity to check out cards from every set. UD Black is one of my favorites....but before I vote I'm going to check out the other sets.

BoogieDownBerlin
04-08-2008, 12:32 PM
ill voted for hot prospects, because its not that expensive and u can pull some nice cards!

but sp authentic looks also cool ,but its too expensive and too much letterman`s but the design is great (the rookie auto/patches looking awesome)

triple threads looks very crappy to me and way too expensive, and what about all these 1/1`s pppffffff cīmon Topps

also think artifacts is overrated and ultra underrated (u get on-card auto`s)

JMO, JMO!!!

Favre4ever
04-08-2008, 07:43 PM
I haven't got to bust much this year, but from what I have broke, I've liked the SP Rookie Edition the best.

whalechaser
04-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Voted hot prospect. Cheap and got some very nice stuff from blaster boxes which is a rarity.

scodellaro16
04-15-2008, 12:24 PM
i went with ud black because of all the good breaks and chances for great pulls.

halekulani
04-18-2008, 06:55 PM
I love the Sweet Shot design every year. My favorite autos are always the ones on the piece of basketball material. ;) Love the design too. Not as fond of them going to the tin this year but still my favorite. Love the look of the Elevation that just came out too and some high end stuff like UD Black also. Stadium Club was the best value per box this year I thought too.

i'm starting to think sweet shot has great value this year
2 autos, 2 gu's for <70 right now

waiting for the price to dip so i can get a few.

CHillyDoggy
04-19-2008, 08:34 AM
halekulani: yeah, love sweet shot, they have a lot of lesser autos in them too but some really good stuff if you get a good tin... and that price does keep on dropping. ;)

WilyWestbrook0
04-19-2008, 04:00 PM
SP Authentic is actually one of the cheaper high end products at my local hobby shop - I've gotten a few packs and love the design (no big hits, but I did get an Acie Law Profiles insert for the PC - w00t!).

I picked Topps though because theye made it even more collectable by reducing the overall set number and adding the 57-58 variation parallel. I considered going for the set, but I'm going for a lot of sets right now, so perhaps another time. : )