PDA

View Full Version : your take on the upcoming nba draft!

sportzluvr1
04-06-2008, 02:06 PM
ok so i want to know from u guys where a few players will go. I.E. whos gonna be the number 1 pick. and what few players have the possibility of going in the top 5! also tell me where u think tyler hansborough and roy hibbert will fall in the draft! also a player like derrick rose and oj mayo!

and whos gonna be the "surprise" top 10 pick from a underclass school!

exciting topic! lmk!

trevorp121
04-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Well I think Michael Beasley from U of A will go number 1!

sportzluvr1
04-06-2008, 02:09 PM
any more opinions trevor? just trying to get a little insight from u guys!

Juvenile404
04-06-2008, 03:35 PM
i seriously hope beasley does NOT go number 1! i am hoping the Heat draft Derrick Rose, assuming they grab the number 1 spot. i think Beasley and Rose will go 1 and 2. from there it is muddy. hibbert will go between 15-22, hansborough will go in about the same range. i wouldnt take hansborough personally. kevin love will go and so will darren collison from ucla. i think love will go top 10, maybe fall to around 14, but i think he is going to make a very average NBA player. collison will go later, but i think he'll end up being better than love but not great. jerryd bayless will go top 5. brook lopez top 5. oj mayo will fall farther than most expect i think, but not out of the top 10. blake griffin goes top 10 easy if he leaves. eric gordon may go top 5, definitely top 10. deandre jordan falls might be top 10, definitely a lottery choice. dj augustin should go top 10, he will be very good. but he may fall a bit because he is under 6 ft. he will definitely go lottery tho. chris douglas roberts has GOLDEN opportunity to improve his status in the championship game. wow, i think il lstop there. TOO MUCH TO TALK ABOUT! LOL!

sportzluvr1
04-06-2008, 03:41 PM
lol thanx alot! i needed that!

RenegadeLonghorn
04-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Beasley or Rose could go #1. The rest of the top 10 is hard to say right now since there may be more underclassmen declaring for NBA draft.

Click on the link below for more insight.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/index

dukey4life47
04-06-2008, 05:18 PM
quite honestly, beasley is going numero uno, followed by derrick rose, then oj mayo, brook lopez and jerryd bayless to round out the top 5. hibbert wont really amount to much of a player, ever, unless he suddenly decides that being 7'3 is an advantage in life. and as for hansbrough, dont be shocked to see him stay for a senior season...

walt55054life
04-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Mark my words Beasley will be the biggest NBA draft bust this year!!!!!Tyler "i shoot like my HANSbroke" should stay one more year and not get his title.....but get his jersey retired for being a great college player.....Rose should he/memphis win the title should go one/two...or even make a case for rush should he/kansas win title, but he has a lot of talent surronding him, he should stay one more year and receive a higher pick.I think Gordon from Indiana should bounce (great 1 guard in my opinion, which is usually wrong...lol) but I think he'll stay and win at least a couple of NCAA games next year, but if he leaves a great choice ....Love didn't get enough touches in the Memphis game b/c the memphis guards put too much pressure on the ball....love should go 10-18 if he leaves(remember his family's got money!) MY BOY BLAKE GRIFFIN will be better than Beasley when the two go pro, that's if griffin leaves....and I'm out to this last note OJ MAYO has the greatest basketball IQ I've ever seen!!! can't wait to see him ball in the pros (remember he's already 21 also)....LMK what u guys think about my BEASLEY BUST
thanks
Walt

sportzluvr1
04-06-2008, 05:33 PM
I Think That Beasly Has All The Tools To Be A Great Player At The Next Level..........one Final Question!!!!!! If The Bulls Get The #4 Pick Or Around There; Who Do U Think They Will Try To Grab? Plmk!

walt55054life
04-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Oh and might I remind every1 of Ibaka who I like to watch from the CONGA(O)

walt55054life
04-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Bulls need a LOPEZ like player(hint)i'm out for dinner peace
from SAN ANTONIO, tomorrows gonna kick asprin bottles!!!

tylermckinzie
04-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Michael Beasley will be just fine in the NBA. In fact, depending on the situation, he should at least match or exceed Durant's numbers from this year- he's much more physically ready for the NBA that Durant was. He's not just a scorer- the guy rebounds as well.

Rose will be a great NBA point guard as well, but how many teams win titles with a point guard and nothing else? It's like Oden last year- start big and work your way down. You have to take Beasley first and hope he reaches his ceiling and you can find other parts to go around him.

Bayless is my pick for a bust- he's just not big enough. Sure, you can be a great point guard and quick as can be (Raymond Felton, TJ Ford, etc.), but if you aren't big enough then the other team is going to keep firing away post up after post up. Same with DJ Augustine and Darren Collison- you can't teach size. These guys will be career backups to steady the team when the starters go to the bench.

I love the fact someone will fall in love with DeAndre Jordan and the Randolph kid from LSU should either come out. They will be further proof that GM's continue to lose on gambles of who will develop into a top flight player instead of taking the sure things (Love, Hansborough may never make all star teams, but neither do guys you let go after three years because their game never develops to that ceiling). No one loves the 12 point 6 rebound guys, but Blake Griffin and Kevin Love will give you that.

I take OJ Mayo if I have a coach that can develop him and some veterans that can help him along. Memphis, Seattle, Charlotte.... those just don't fit. The Lopez kid is another case of at least you know what you're getting..... he's a piece, not the star. You have to look at the makeup of your team before you pick him.

As for Eric Gordon, take him if you think you like Ben Gordon. If points are your thing, then grab him. But be prepared for a lack of other stats and an opponent that loves posting their bigger two guard against yours, because he won't be quick enough to guard the PG.

Just my two cents..... and Beasley is from Kansas State!

Thanks,
Tyler

Juvenile404
04-06-2008, 07:27 PM
i kno beasley will go number 1, but beasley isnt what i would consider big.he's an athletic four, which the heat already have in shawn marion if he opts to stay. the heat have absolutely no pg, and rose and wadewould makea hell of a back court. i agree with tyler i nthe case of collison and bayless. however, augustin, i think, has the chance to become very good. love will be good, blake griffin will be good. i am convinced that tyler hansborough wil never be good in the NBA. GM's will always take shots at a guy like deandre jordan and the randolph kid from lsu, like tyler said. i do NOT like eric gordon or oj mayo. mayo will be good, he has the skill set, but for some reason everytime i watch him i cant see him being some star pg on a winning team. i see him as a hyped up scorer pg who's team will be destined to fail. i hope he can prove me wrong. as for guys like serge ibaka, john riek, and the like...the chances of one of those guys succeeding is very slim and id never take a chance like that. hate to dis on walt, but nick calathes has the greatest basketball iq ive ever seen. LOL GO GATORS!

walt55054life
04-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Hey I don't mind....I'm drunk in San Antonio, I just think if Mayo could find a way to "snap" in a game and actually take control, I believe he could dominate if he DEVELOPS! Lke I said I've been drinking and I'm bout to go, just one more thing about Beasley, I think he'll be a bust in his first 3-5 yrs, NO WAY he puts up Durant like numbers sorry no enough jump on his "jump shot", isn't big enough to beast in the pros yet, and reminds me of a Boozer/Brand....won't show up for at least 3 years in the pros!
I;'m out

BoogieDownBerlin
04-07-2008, 03:27 PM
i expect derrick rose to picked at 1-3. hes very talented but please not to miami.

dgabel
04-08-2008, 09:16 PM
I think Derrick Rose has the chance to be a really special player. He makes me think of guys like Chris Paul and Deron Williams who have great court awareness and make the players around them better.

halekulani
04-09-2008, 02:06 AM
depends on team needs for #1 vs #2

rose is guaranteed at least top 2 pick next to beasley

surprise top 10 pick? deandre jordan - great upside, but lots of risk, questionable work ethic and maturity. another surprise with the right workouts could definitely be chase budinger. chase is white but he's extremely athletic with his volleyball background.

hibbert should fall just outside lottery, so middle first round if not late
hansbrough is also middle at best, but realistically a late first round pick

ty lawson just dropped several picks. javale mcgee moved himself up by not doing anything except declaring. hibbert and deandre's poor performances give scouts to consider javale instead.

brandon rush will be a late first rounder just because he hasn't been the take over guy people thought he would be. good defender, has an offense sometimes, and definitely reminds me of afflalo, but a little better. at least he's better than his brother...

the_future
04-09-2008, 02:14 AM
Bayless should have stayed one more year at Arizona. They could have been a top 10 team with Brandon Jennings, Bayless, and Budinger.

halekulani
04-09-2008, 02:16 AM
well budinger wouldn't have stayed

love and collison are entering according to the LA times
if love stayed, jrue holliday + love would be another final 4 appearance

sportzluvr1
04-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Any1 Else??

jwhoops
04-14-2008, 12:25 PM
I love the fact someone will fall in love with DeAndre Jordan and the Randolph kid from LSU should either come out. They will be further proof that GM's continue to lose on gambles of who will develop into a top flight player instead of taking the sure things (Love, Hansborough may never make all star teams, but neither do guys you let go after three years because their game never develops to that ceiling). No one loves the 12 point 6 rebound guys, but Blake Griffin and Kevin Love will give you that.

Actually, every study that's ever been done says that the exact opposite of this is true. GM's are afraid of looking dumb, and overextend themselves on "safe" picks. Raw, super-talented players drafted late in the first the round have a remarkable track record. And high schoolers return at a rate that blows away any other player category.

Obviously there are tons of exceptions to this rule, #1 being big men taken outside the top 5. Jordan most definitely falls into this category. He couldn't even earn

Just look at last year's lottery picks

2 Lamarcus Aldridge - a mix of proveneness and potential - not a bust
3 Adam Morrison - prototypical proven upperclassman - BUST
4 Tyrus Thomas - much like Aldridge, maybe a bit less proven - ???/not a bust
5 Shelden Williams - 4 year senior, proven - BUST
6 Randy Foye - 4 year senior - ???/not a bust
7 Brandon Roy - 4 year senior - not a bust
8 Rudy Gay - drafted solely because of athletic potential - not a bust
9 Patrick O'Bryant - very raw big man - BUST
11 JJ Re**** - 4 year senior - BUST
12 Hilton Armstrong - 4 year senior - BUST

If you look outside the lottery you have a virtual who's who of college hoops from that period -

Rodney Carney
Quincy Douby
Marcus Williams
Shannon Brown
Maurice Ager
Mardy Collins

None of these guys are amounting to anything. A couple of these gusy are done done in the NBA, and another couple will probably join them after next season.

So while Jordan certainly fits in the "raw big man bust" mold, I disagree about Randolph. This is the guy that you have to draft if he's on the board at 15. He was a reasonably productive player on a team so bad that opponents could really key in on him. He's 6'11, a freak athlete, and fairly skilled. You could take a shot on Randolph, or draft the next Maurice Ager. Seems fairly obvious to me...

halekulani
04-14-2008, 12:52 PM
i wouldn't put tyrus thomas in the realm of rudy gay or aldridge

he'll be worthy of a 'not bust' mention when
a. he proves he can start 82 games for the sorry chicago bulls team.
b. he proves that he is worthy of the trade the bulls made in exchange for aldridge.

jwhoops
04-14-2008, 02:53 PM
I don't think the Thomas trade has any bearing on the topic at hand - we are looking at whether the player was a good pick at that position.

And no, I wouldn't put Thomas anywhere near Gay or Aldridge right now. That's why I had the ??? there to differentiate them.

But it would be just as incorrect to put him in the same category as Morrison, Williams, Re****, O'Bryant, and Armstrong.

Thomas is better than those guys his entire career if he never improves one bit.

garnett_21
04-14-2008, 02:56 PM
talking about 2nd round picks who have proven themselves - Monta Ellis, Ryan Gomes

BoogieDownBerlin
04-14-2008, 03:02 PM
what about brandon rush??? i expect him in the top 10.

halekulani
04-14-2008, 03:06 PM
rofl
brandon has done nothing to earn himself a top 10 spot

BoogieDownBerlin
04-14-2008, 05:57 PM
we talking about the kansas brandon rush right.

tylermckinzie
04-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Actually, every study that's ever been done says that the exact opposite of this is true. GM's are afraid of looking dumb, and overextend themselves on "safe" picks. Raw, super-talented players drafted late in the first the round have a remarkable track record. And high schoolers return at a rate that blows away any other player category.

Obviously there are tons of exceptions to this rule, #1 being big men taken outside the top 5. Jordan most definitely falls into this category. He couldn't even earn

Just look at last year's lottery picks

2 Lamarcus Aldridge - a mix of proveneness and potential - not a bust
3 Adam Morrison - prototypical proven upperclassman - BUST
4 Tyrus Thomas - much like Aldridge, maybe a bit less proven - ???/not a bust
5 Shelden Williams - 4 year senior, proven - BUST
6 Randy Foye - 4 year senior - ???/not a bust
7 Brandon Roy - 4 year senior - not a bust
8 Rudy Gay - drafted solely because of athletic potential - not a bust
9 Patrick O'Bryant - very raw big man - BUST
11 JJ Re**** - 4 year senior - BUST
12 Hilton Armstrong - 4 year senior - BUST

If you look outside the lottery you have a virtual who's who of college hoops from that period -

Rodney Carney
Quincy Douby
Marcus Williams
Shannon Brown
Maurice Ager
Mardy Collins

None of these guys are amounting to anything. A couple of these gusy are done done in the NBA, and another couple will probably join them after next season.

So while Jordan certainly fits in the "raw big man bust" mold, I disagree about Randolph. This is the guy that you have to draft if he's on the board at 15. He was a reasonably productive player on a team so bad that opponents could really key in on him. He's 6'11, a freak athlete, and fairly skilled. You could take a shot on Randolph, or draft the next Maurice Ager. Seems fairly obvious to me...

Very good counterargument, but also, I typed off the top of my head and you've made me realize where I should have put some more details.

First of all, I was talking about guys drafted after the top ten in the first round. The top ten is about talent, regardless of class status or experiences. I realize that it's hard to make any generalizations about top ten draft picks besides who can flat out play. When I was talking about Hansbrough, Love, etc., obviously I wasn't addressing top ten picks.

Secondly, I wouldn't label Adam Morrison a complete bust- the guy blew out his knee, but his numbers from his rookie year compared favorably to everyone except, well, another four year senior, Brandon Roy, who should be placed at superstar status well above anyone else in that draft. Heck, Morrison averaged almost twice as many points, just two less rebounds, and more assists in his rookie year than Tyrus Thomas is averaging in his second year. In addition, Carney, Douby, Williams, Brown etc. may have been four year college stars, but none would be confused with Hansbrough, Love, or any player of the year candidates from college. My comparison was meant to be guys who control the game of college basketball when they play- Rose, Beasley, Love, Hansbrough, etc. Not exactly just four year collegians. Which 06/07 draftees would fall into that category- Morrison, Aldridge, Roy, and Shelden Williams (who was doomed to fail because of his lack of size at power forward....).

My diatribe was more focused on the fact GM's will be taking Anthony Randolph above Kevin Love, Donte Green above Brandon Rush, Earl Clark above Chris Douglas-Roberts, and plenty of guys who last three years in the league and are gone before players like Sasha Kaun, James Gist, and Courtney Lee..... proven guys who will never be stars but will always be on a roster.

Go back to 05-06 (we can get a clearer picture of guys three years later instead of just one year). And go outside the first ten picks- once again, talent always rules that.

Who were the guys between 11 and 30 who really have made a name for themselves? Danny Granger, Hakim Warrick, Francisco Garcia, Linas Kleiza (don't knock it, this guy does everything no one else wants to), and David Lee. All proven college guys (not necessarily four year guys) who could star at the college level.

Look at the names who have probably been the biggest busts: Johan Petro, Gerald Green, Ian Mahinmi, Yaraslov Korelev.... unproven younger players or foreign guys we didn't know much about.

Like I said, my argument doesn't necessarily apply to the top ten (it's usually consensus who goes there anyway). It's the mid to late first rounders that don't stick in the league when there are guys who will be around a long time. Why does it happen? Well, Monta Ellis went in the second round that year.... everyone loves to uncover that hidden gem.

It's also important to note that high schoolers are obviously exempt from discussion anymore- they have to play a year of college now.

Just some more thoughts...... obviously a fun topic to discuss.

And by the way, I am a Kansas fanatic, and there is no way Brandon Rush is a top ten pick. I'd take him top twenty though.... he'll be able to play some in his rookie year, there won't be a long learning curve for him. He'll have a Stuckey/Afflalo impact on the right team- a rookie that knows how to play and doesn't need developing.

Thanks!
Tyler

jwhoops
04-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Very good counterargument, but also, I typed off the top of my head and you've made me realize where I should have put some more details.

First of all, I was talking about guys drafted after the top ten in the first round. The top ten is about talent, regardless of class status or experiences. I realize that it's hard to make any generalizations about top ten draft picks besides who can flat out play. When I was talking about Hansbrough, Love, etc., obviously I wasn't addressing top ten picks.

It holds even more strongly for late first, IMO

Secondly, I wouldn't label Adam Morrison a complete bust- the guy blew out his knee, but his numbers from his rookie year compared favorably to everyone except, well, another four year senior, Brandon Roy, who should be placed at superstar status well above anyone else in that draft.

Morrison's numbers didn't compare favorably to, well...anybody. Many stat guru's claim that Morrison was the worst regular in the entire league in 2006-07. Even without the injury, thinks were looking far from good on that front.

Heck, Morrison averaged almost twice as many points, just two less rebounds, and more assists in his rookie year than Tyrus Thomas is averaging in his second year.

TT was clearly, clearly a better pick than Morrison. He's a more effective, more efficient player without a lick of skill and he's slowly coming around in that regard.

In addition, Carney, Douby, Williams, Brown etc. may have been four year college stars, but none would be confused with Hansbrough, Love, or any player of the year candidates from college. My comparison was meant to be guys who control the game of college basketball when they play- Rose, Beasley, Love, Hansbrough, etc. Not exactly just four year collegians. Which 06/07 draftees would fall into that category- Morrison, Aldridge, Roy, and Shelden Williams (who was doomed to fail because of his lack of size at power forward....).

Aldridge did anything but "control the game" his soph year. He averaged 15 and 10, and was absolutely roughed up on several occasions in the tourney. Douby averaged 23 ppg in the Big East. Carney led an elite eight team in scoring, in less than 30 mpg. Marcus Williams' stats stood up to any PG in the country's. If Aldridge controlled the game, so did these other players.

And for that matter, you do realize that Anthony Randolph put up some pretty darn impressive stats for a freshman, don't you? You really can't compare him to Jordan, who was pretty much a non-factor once Big XII play started. Randolph was easily LSU's best and most important player.

As for Williams being doomed to fail because of his lack of athleticism, you are starting to get the point now. Tyler Hansbrough is doomed to fail if taken in the Top 10 because he doesn't have the physical attributes that will allow him to become a star. If you are looking for a guy who averages 12/7 in his peak but can stick it out at the 9/6 level for a decade, he's your guy.

My diatribe was more focused on the fact GM's will be taking Anthony Randolph above Kevin Love, Donte Green above Brandon Rush, Earl Clark above Chris Douglas-Roberts, and plenty of guys who last three years in the league and are gone before players like Sasha Kaun, James Gist, and Courtney Lee..... proven guys who will never be stars but will always be on a roster.

Well, you are simply wrong on this point. You take the unproven upside guy every time, and there are countless examples of why in the last 5 or so drafts. I don't know about Earl Clark, but Donte Green definitely ought to go ahead of Brandon Rush. Green will probably be better as a rookie, let alone 5 years down the road. 90% chance James Gist will never play in the league.

Go back to 05-06 (we can get a clearer picture of guys three years later instead of just one year). And go outside the first ten picks- once again, talent always rules that.

Who were the guys between 11 and 30 who really have made a name for themselves? Danny Granger, Hakim Warrick, Francisco Garcia, Linas Kleiza (don't knock it, this guy does everything no one else wants to), and David Lee. All proven college guys (not necessarily four year guys) who could star at the college level.

Kleiza shot below 40% in his one year at Missouri, and has more than justified his selection I would say. David Lee never averaged more than 14/7 at Florida. I would also mention Jason Maxiell as a 4-year guy who has far exceeded expectations. These players certainly did not control the college game.

And it is funny that you start at 11, because we have a huge steal at #10, the completely raw Andrew Bynum.

Look at the names who have probably been the biggest busts: Johan Petro, Gerald Green, Ian Mahinmi, Yaraslov Korelev.... unproven younger players or foreign guys we didn't know much about.

Well, Mahinmi wasn't picked because he was the best player on the board. He was picked because SA wanted to stash him.

As for the busts, there were just as many "proven" types as there were raw types. Joey Graham, Julius Hodge, and Wayne Simien come to mind.

And why cut it off at 30? You might recognize the names Brandon Bass, Monta Ellis, Louis Williams, and Andray Blatche. All huge 2nd round steals, and we could see Amir Johnson or CJ Miles join this group within two years.

The proven players at the top of this draft look very good, but mostly because they are PG's - and PG is the one position that actually does need a bit of time. But outside the top 5, 05-06 is another fairly clear-cut example of why drafting off of potential does pay.

The 2004-05 draft would be another example of why potential trumps production, with Al Jefferson and Josh Smith both somehow going outside the lotto. There was a big push for Emeka Okafor to go #1, and how foolish does that look now? You also have duds such as Josh Childress, Rafael Araujo and Luke Jackson in the lottery.

And by the way, I am a Kansas fanatic, and there is no way Brandon Rush is a top ten pick. I'd take him top twenty though.... he'll be able to play some in his rookie year, there won't be a long learning curve for him. He'll have a Stuckey/Afflalo impact on the right team- a rookie that knows how to play and doesn't need developing.

I don't think he's half the prospect that Stuckey is, but Stuckey was an absolute steal. Rush certainly helped his stock in the tournament, but is one of those players that is going to struggle once he is just an average athlete like he'll be in the NBA. He can have a better career than his brother, but it would shock me to see him go in the top 15.

Darrell Arthur is a great value pick outside the Top 10. Tons of athletic upside, significant skill level, but underwhelming face value production. Similar to Julian Wright's development stage at this time last year, and now he's contributing on one of the top 4 or 5 teams in the league.

Chalmers will get drafted too high because of his shot, but he was your best player this year and will make it as a Bobby Jackson-type sparkplug.

I think Kaun could catch on, but not a lock...

jwhoops
04-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Oh, and btw, congrats on that championship. What a moment it must have been for you. Truly spectacular!

halekulani
04-15-2008, 12:12 AM
we talking about the kansas brandon rush right.

yes
and you're crazy if you waste a top 10 pick on him
he's at best a slightly better afflalo with a streaky offensive game. he has athleticism as a bonus, but doesn't have the mindset to capitalize on it.

halekulani
04-15-2008, 12:14 AM
I don't think the Thomas trade has any bearing on the topic at hand - we are looking at whether the player was a good pick at that position.

he was drafted 4th
he's been disappointing to say the least.

jwhoops
04-15-2008, 12:24 AM
The talk of Shelden Williams got me thinking...just how bad has Billy Knight handled his drafts?

2003 - Traded pick that became TJ Ford for Glenn Robinson

2004 - Drafted freaking Josh Childress over Luol Deng, Andre Iguodola, Al Jefferson, and several others. Then somehow fell into Smith at 17.

2005 - In dire need of a PG, two of the all-time greats were available. He takes another wing, and Knight has another embarrasment on his hands.

2006 - Tells everybody weeks in advance that he's taking Shelden Williams. The next 3 picks - Randy Foye, Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay? WHAT?!?!

2007 - Horford a solid if unspectacular pick, but another massive reach at 11 with Acie Law. Tell me who doesn't belong: Brandan Wright, Joakim Noah, Spencer Hawes, Acie Law, Thaddeus Young, Julian Wright, Al Thornton, Rodney Stuckey.

Hmm...the worst drafting GM in NBA history?

halekulani
04-15-2008, 12:30 AM
that's just depressing to read.

jwhoops
04-15-2008, 12:30 AM
he was drafted 4th
he's been disappointing to say the least.

Yes, this season was disappointing for him.

But if we are talking about busts, Thomas is far from a bust. All opinions about why he's in the situation he's in and why he can't get on the court aside, when he does get in games he not only looks like he belongs - he looks like a potential 20/10 guy. Maybe Thomas is the second coming of Stromile Swift, but I don't think so.

If he can get out of Chicago, he's at least 12/10/3 guy for as long as his athleticism holds out. Which would be the absolute upside for a Tyler Hansbrough type.

tylermckinzie
04-15-2008, 12:51 AM
Oh, and btw, congrats on that championship. What a moment it must have been for you. Truly spectacular!

Man, you have no idea.... had about fifteen ex-Kansas alumni and residents at my home here in Phoenix, and we went from starting to feel like we were beat to scaring the hell out of my neighbors screaming..... it was a wild night, and since my first year watching KU was Danny Manning's title run, I'd been born thinking it was supposed to happen often!

BoogieDownBerlin
04-15-2008, 01:47 PM
yes
and you're crazy if you waste a top 10 pick on him
he's at best a slightly better afflalo with a streaky offensive game. he has athleticism as a bonus, but doesn't have the mindset to capitalize on it.

well ok ill guess im crazy. :party0048:

and ur tha man!:sign0020:

sportzluvr1
04-20-2008, 03:15 PM
who else? remember this is a fun conversation. lets not change that!

RenegadeLonghorn
04-24-2008, 12:03 AM
Check out the NCAA forum for the latest declarations. D.J. Augustin is going pro and he's sure to be a lottery pick.

halekulani
04-24-2008, 01:35 AM
meh.
i think it was a safe assumption months ago that he would most likely go.

the workouts will make or break him. especially if he measures over or under 6'

sportzluvr1
04-24-2008, 10:45 AM
i agree . .

jwhoops
04-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Augustin SHOULD be a lottery pick, but this draft is deep enough that he could slip a little ways.

I see him as a Terrell Brandon type if he does emerge as a standout PG...

sportzluvr1
04-24-2008, 04:05 PM
yea thats true............