PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on which box I should buy out of these choices...

cardaddict
04-12-2008, 05:26 PM
I've been planning to buy a box for some time and now that I've got a little money to spare, I have decided to go for it. The boxes I'm interested in are:

06/07 UD Sweet Shot
06/07 UD SP Authentic
06/07 Topps Trademark Moves
07/08 Artifacts

Since I could probably get these boxes within a similar price range, I want to know from your experiences, which box has the best overall value - the best bang for the buck. If possible, please also give a rating out of 10 for each box in terms of:

1) Design
2) Amount of hits (including parallels)
3) Quality of hits
4) Potential (chance to get high value cards)

Thanks

cardaddict
04-15-2008, 11:25 PM
I've been planning to buy a box for some time and now that I've got a little money to spare, I have decided to go for it. The boxes I'm interested in are:

06/07 UD Sweet Shot
06/07 UD SP Authentic
07/08 Artifacts

Since I could probably get these boxes within a similar price range, I want to know from your experiences, which box has the best overall value - the best bang for the buck. If possible, please also give a rating out of 10 for each box in terms of:

1) Design
2) Amount of hits (including parallels)
3) Quality of hits
4) Potential (chance to get high value cards)

Thanks

jmeind
04-15-2008, 11:59 PM
Sorry for not grading out of 10 or whatever.... but I'd go with one of these two:

07/08 Artifacts

Trademark I know you get 4 auto's. I'm not sure about Artifacts. I like both equally.

the_future
04-16-2008, 03:31 AM
I've only busted 06/07 SP Authentic and 06/07 UD Sweet Shot, so I can give you some estimated grades on those...

06/07 SP Authentic:

1) Design: 8.5
2) Amount of hits: 8
3) Quality of hits 7
4) Potential (Chance to get high valued cards): 4

06/07 UD Sweet Shot:

1) Design: 9
2) Amount of hits: 9.5
3) Quality of hits: 8
4) Potential (Chance to get high valued cards): 6

It's somewhat difficult to rate the potential of getting high valued cards on a scale of 1-10, but I do think you have a better chance pulling a higher-end card out of UD Sweet Shot than most of those other products. Good luck with whatever box you choose!

FullCourtPress50
04-16-2008, 10:01 PM
i agree jmeind, ive bosted both of those and have been satisfied with both

based on my busts....

Trademark Moves:
1) Design: 8
3) Quality of hits 7
4) Potential (Chance to get high valued cards): 5

Artifacts:
1) Design: 9
3) Quality of hits 7
4) Potential (Chance to get high valued cards): 6

cardaddict
04-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks jmeind, the_future, and FullCourtPress50 for sharing your experiences and helping me make a more solid decision. I will probably go between 08 Artifacts or 07 Sweet Shot.

waxbuster
04-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Go for the Sweet Shot more bang for your buck. Artifacts is nice but the jersey cards have small swatches. The auto's are on stickers which always is a bummer. The Sweet Shot are on card auto's on pieces of manufactured basketball very nice. Sweet Shot has a better card value, and the appearance is brighter then the darker artifacts backgrounds. Go with the Sweet Shot. Either way let me know how you did. GOOD LUCK

cardaddict
04-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the suggestion waxbuster. The only big advantage Artifacts has over Sweet Shot for me is the rookie class (06-07 is one of the weakest overall draft years IMO). It's a tough choice as both yield hits and have nice designs, but anyways I'll post my break when I get a box of either one.

cardaddict
04-18-2008, 01:30 PM
By the way, has anyone bought boxes from dcssportscards.com? If so, are they reliable?

waxbuster
04-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Never heard of that online card shop. Here's very reliable online store.
cardsinfinity.com This guy has cheap boxes, and he will even open the boxes and packs for you video tape the break then post it on youtube so you can see the cards you would of opened kind of cool. Then he toploads all the cards and mails them to you, I did it a couple of times with Topps Big Game hobby boxes. But I like to open my own boxes. He will only open boxes if you ask him too. Check out his site and let me know what you think. "2006-07 Sweet Shot They are $52.00 a box."

johnvierling2007
04-25-2008, 02:58 PM
I would go with the Sweet Spot usually luckier and better pulls in my opinion