PDA

View Full Version : Isiah out as Knicks coach...

RenegadeLonghorn
04-18-2008, 09:27 PM
NEW YORK -- Isiah Thomas couldn't win as coach with the players he assembled as president.

Now, he's lost both jobs.

Thomas was fired as the New York Knicks (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=nyk) coach Friday after a season of listless and dreadful basketball, a tawdry lawsuit and unending chants from fans demanding his dismissal.

Thomas lost a franchise record-tying 59 games this season, and along the way seemed to lose the support of his players, who didn't always play hard for him the way they did last season.

ESPN Article (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3353483)

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

demonpower55
04-18-2008, 09:30 PM
The only thing that bothers me is that Walsh is hinting at Thomas staying with the club. Unless he mans the concession stands, I really don't want to see or hear Isiah anywhere near MSG.

swill300
04-18-2008, 09:36 PM
I have to say this could very well be one of the more happier days in my life as a sports fan. Not sure where the club will go from here, Stephen A. Smith believes Mark Jackson is the frontrunner for the job, not sure how he would do in his first coaching job...especially in NY.
I would prefer a coach with a little time in already, someone like Rick Carlisle or even Scott Skiles, although Skiles is a no BS coach and that would leave half the team crying about PT or their feelings. At least Isiah is gone and no chance of Larry Brown coming back either!!!!!

RenegadeLonghorn
04-18-2008, 10:53 PM
The only thing that bothers me is that Walsh is hinting at Thomas staying with the club. Unless he mans the concession stands, I really don't want to see or hear Isiah anywhere near MSG.

Fans would take his head off if he was working concession! :boxing:

spuds1961
04-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Now maybe,just maybe we can see a better team at msg.I don't know how Isiah lasted this long he crippled a once proud franchise,Please bring Pat Riley back I'm sure he'd leave the Heat if the price was right.Take care Steve.