PDA

View Full Version : Coach and Exec. of the Year awards.

Insane Irish
04-22-2008, 08:05 AM
NBA TV had reported that Mitch Kupchak (LA Lakers) should win the Exec. of the year, huh?? Did they not see what Danny Ainge has done this year. Hmmm, he only brought in KG, Ray Allen, Posey, House, P.J. Brown, Sam I am, etc, and turned a team with the worst record in the league, to the best record in the league in 1 year. Is that not noteworthy?? These awards, like the all-star picks are total dog doo. Not that it "really" matters in the grand scheme of things, as these awards are pretty useless anyway, but it just makes me chuckle to think Ainge wouldn't win it. I'll take #17 in the banners over some dumb hardware, it's just the principle of the thing.

As for coach of the year, I do like the fact that Byron Scott should win that. It's the old "more with less" theory. He deserves it I think. As a celtic fan I think Doc did a fine job too, but I'm still not 100% sold on this guy, he does some questionable things, and his substitutions have some ??'s too. Plus, you have to factor in that Doc has the big 3, and great role players, it would be hard to screw that team up coaching-wise. I give most of the credit to Tom Thibodeau(C's asssitant coach), and what he brought defensively to the table. The C's defense is what has gotten them this far.

As for other notables, I like what Rick Adelman has done in Houston, especially after Yao was injured. (plus that 22 game streak was impressive!! Who ended that streak by the way?) His defensive schemes are what have gotten them this far....too bad Utah will dispose of them, in fact may sweep them. Mo-Cheeks in Philly has to get a nod also, as well as Phil Jackson.

the_future
04-22-2008, 10:40 AM
I also think the that Danny Ainge should win Exec. of the Year over Mitch Kupchak...

angel0430
04-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Danny Ainge has been a very intelligent guy. He knows what he is doing. He dserved it.

molly1984
04-22-2008, 01:41 PM
well hey, that's one person/station's view... and many people vote on these things. so ainge probably will have a good shot.

Hamels35
04-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Ainge did something right by getting Allen and Garnett, Regardless i'm sure he will win exec if not this year, then in a few years to come.

RenegadeLonghorn
04-22-2008, 03:26 PM
I think Ainge deserves to win it this year.

angel0430
04-22-2008, 03:47 PM
He is a mastermind when it comes to this kind of stuff