PDA

View Full Version : Card Help

KC Kenseth Fan
09-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Need some help here folks. I'm logging all my cards in to my beckett on line account and have a question about the two cards pictured below. It's from the 1995 Upper Deck Set, but not really sure which card's they are. Here's what I have to choose from

1995 Upper Deck #267 Bill Elliott
1995 Upper Deck Gold Signature/Electric Gold #267 Bill Elliott SD
1995 Upper Deck Silver Signature/ Electric Silver #267 Bill Elliott SD

The photo does not show it, but the card on the left has Gold Printing

https://www.sportscardforum.com/clear.gif

Thanks for your help.

If this doesn't belong here, could someone please move it.:love0030:

SHELBYSALEEN
09-17-2008, 05:34 PM
The one on the left is the base version 1995 Upper Deck #267 Bill Elliott

The one on the right appears to be the gold version but the scan isnt clear enought. If the word electric is gold you will be able to tell. The silver version is shinier like a disco ball. Once you see a gold version you know its gold.

Labontebrothersfan
09-17-2008, 05:47 PM
I think the one of the right is
1995 Upper Deck Electric Silver 267 Bill Elliott SD $0.30 $0.75

And the one on the left is
1995 Upper Deck #267 Bill Elliott SD $0.15 $0.40

I do believe the base set #1 - 150 are series one and are in silver type
#151 - 300 are series two and are in gold type - but I won't swear to it

See if this helps any - it's from beckett

Issued in two series over the first half of 1995, Upper Deck released both products through 10-card packs with 36-packs per box. Both series included several insert sets including the popular Predictor redemption cards and one Silver or Gold parallel card in every pack. Series one hobby packs featured a Jeff Gordon Salute card randomly inserted (1:108 packs) and the retail version a Sterling Marlin Salute (1:108 packs). A special Sterling Marlin Back-to-Back Salute card was randomly seeded in series two retail packs (1:108). As with most Upper Deck issues, subsets abound. Series one included Championship Pit Crew, Star Rookies, Images of '95 and Next in Line. Series two featured New for '95, Did You Know, Speedway Legends and more Star Rookies.

Gold parallel cards were produced for both series of 1995 Upper Deck -- Gold Signature for series one and Electric Gold for series two. The parallel versions look very similar to the regular issue Upper Deck cards with the addition of either a gold foil facsimile signature or the word "Electric" in gold foil on the card fronts. The Gold cards were randomly inserted at the wrapper stated rate of 1:35 packs for either series.

Silver parallel cards were produced for both series of 1995 Upper Deck -- Silver Signature for series one and Electric Silver for series two. The parallel versions look very similar to the regular issue Upper Deck cards with the addition of either a silver foil facsimile signature or the word "Electric" in refractive silver foil on the card fronts. The Silver cards were inserted at the wrapper stated rate of one per hobby or retail pack for either series and two per magazine distributor pack.

KC Kenseth Fan
09-17-2008, 06:39 PM
Yep that helps. Thanks you two!!

TheXsRacer
09-21-2008, 09:07 AM
I think the one of the right is
1995 Upper Deck Electric Silver 267 Bill Elliott SD $0.30 $0.75

And the one on the left is
1995 Upper Deck #267 Bill Elliott SD $0.15 $0.40

I do believe the base set #1 - 150 are series one and are in silver type
#151 - 300 are series two and are in gold type - but I won't swear to it

See if this helps any - it's from beckett

Issued in two series over the first half of 1995, Upper Deck released both products through 10-card packs with 36-packs per box. Both series included several insert sets including the popular Predictor redemption cards and one Silver or Gold parallel card in every pack. Series one hobby packs featured a Jeff Gordon Salute card randomly inserted (1:108 packs) and the retail version a Sterling Marlin Salute (1:108 packs). A special Sterling Marlin Back-to-Back Salute card was randomly seeded in series two retail packs (1:108). As with most Upper Deck issues, subsets abound. Series one included Championship Pit Crew, Star Rookies, Images of '95 and Next in Line. Series two featured New for '95, Did You Know, Speedway Legends and more Star Rookies.

Gold parallel cards were produced for both series of 1995 Upper Deck -- Gold Signature for series one and Electric Gold for series two. The parallel versions look very similar to the regular issue Upper Deck cards with the addition of either a gold foil facsimile signature or the word "Electric" in gold foil on the card fronts. The Gold cards were randomly inserted at the wrapper stated rate of 1:35 packs for either series.

Silver parallel cards were produced for both series of 1995 Upper Deck -- Silver Signature for series one and Electric Silver for series two. The parallel versions look very similar to the regular issue Upper Deck cards with the addition of either a silver foil facsimile signature or the word "Electric" in refractive silver foil on the card fronts. The Silver cards were inserted at the wrapper stated rate of one per hobby or retail pack for either series and two per magazine distributor pack.

This is very deceptive in the wording, but I can tell you from experience, as I opened a bunch of boxes of these back then.

The Set is in fact both silver and gold foiled, but the Gold Foils are only from #228-269, Card #301 Wasn't in either set it was inserted into the 1996 release. The Predictor cards also have gold foil, and in the UD Salutes set #UD3 has a Flag in the top left corner that says series 2 under it.

#301 In My Opinion is one of the best looking Dale Earnhardt Cards Ever Made.

So....What you have there is a base card and an electric silver