PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Card help

hopa
06-15-2003, 12:05 AM
I have a Kobe card that I can't find a price for any where. The card is about twice the size of a regular card and quite thick. It is a Collectors Edge Air Apparent card. On the front bottom of the card is printed Commemorative Limited Edition in gold writing. On the back in a Silver holographic type of writing it has Goldin Sports Marketing & Licensing, and an address and phone/fax number (I tried to ring it but didn't have any luck). The card is hand numbered 603 of 1998 and the copyright is from 1998. I picked this card up a couple years ago from the local card shop here before it closed down for about $5US. Any info/value on this card would be greatly appreciated. I have never seen any others of these before anywhere and emailed both beckett and tuff stuff, but never got a reply. Thanks in advance.

podstock
06-15-2003, 02:16 AM
I tried looking it up in beckett.com online price guide, but couldn't find that Air apparent version

Kobe's got a lot of Collector's Edge cards

hopa
06-15-2003, 05:16 AM
I know. I have tried beckett and tuff stuff but never got a reply from them. Also tried a couple other card sites but no one knows anything about it. I thought it might be an aftermarket type of card, but then I don't think they would base it on a collectors edge card. Its got me clueless.

podstock
06-16-2003, 09:04 PM
put it on Ebay to test out what folks are willing to pay for it

Then pull your auction by the last day (costs you $0.30 to list the auction, however)

Just a thought

hopa
06-17-2003, 03:46 AM
Yeah I was thinking of that and putting a really high reserve on it, but then more people don't bid from what I've heard if there is a reserve

podstock
06-17-2003, 02:04 PM
well, just put it on Ebay, starting at $0.01 for 7 days

Then, on the 6th day, pull it.

by then, you ought to get a real good idea of the interest in the card

Of course, if you wait until NBA season starts again, you might get more bidders

billsfan2006
06-17-2003, 05:24 PM
another suggestion maybe is bring it to a local card dealer... see what they are willing to pay for it then double that... that could give u a reasonable amoutn of range (doulbing is because usually they give you aobut 50% to 75% of what they are going to sell it for)

hopa
06-18-2003, 04:54 AM
There isn't a local dealer where I am. With ebay, if I pull it earlier do I have to sell it to the highest bidder?

podstock
06-18-2003, 04:04 PM
no..I've done it before.

However, you still have to pay for the 0.30 listing fee

All you have to do is make sure you pull it the day before it ends.. that way, if anyone asks, you can say the card has been traded.

leftyshan
06-18-2003, 04:14 PM
hopa-
Is there a number on the back of the card?

hopa
06-19-2003, 02:25 AM
No number. It s totally strange, no one knows anything about it. I was having more thought about ebay and don't want to put it on and take it off brfore the auction ended cause that might p*** off the person who is highest bidder.