PDA

View Full Version : Worst Elimination Chamber Match Ever?

gladdyontherise
02-07-2009, 10:55 AM
At No Way Out we have 2 chamber matches, Smackdowns isnt the greatest but its decent i guess, featuring

Undertaker vs Triple H vs Jeff Hardy vs Big Show vs Edge vs Vladimir Kozlov

but Raw's is absoululy HORRIBLE!

John Cena vs Rey Mysterio vs Kofi Kingston vs Mike Knox vs Kane vs Chris Jericho

comeon, everyone knows this is terrible and Cena will not lose the title, i mean seriously Mike Knox? Kingston? Mysterio? Kane?

taking 4 midcard guys and elevating them to main event status? and just recently doing it as well?

These chamber matches are just getting worse and worse for the lack of story lines behind them, remember when they had the 6 man Hell in a Cell match? there was so much storyline put into it, and the chemistry was there, there had been a feud going on between all 6 in some sort of way, this, they just pick 6 guys to randomly compete..

Raw could've had great superstars in the chamber match, JBL, HBK, Orton, even strech it and say Cody Rhodes or Ted Diabiase...

but they give those superstars better storylines and leave this with no one left to compete..

Smackdown's isnt terrible but again no storylines to give great anticipation to the match, it'll probably be Jeff starting in the chamber match first and being the last one eliminated by Edge, which is no suprise..

Anyone else think maybe though they'll have Orton jump to Smackdown to face Edge at Wrestlemania and have Cena vs Batista for the title?

startingover37
02-07-2009, 11:49 AM
agree i think theyll have orton and edge just because i dont think they can have that good of match between orton and cena just doesnt seem like the chemistry will be there

bigbtb
02-07-2009, 01:13 PM
The only thing the match does have going for it is that we aren't expecting much from it. I agree that it just doesn't look like a good match on paper but we shall see. I really think things like the chamber should be special matches reserved for special occasions, not something we have thrown at us yearly.

duwal
02-07-2009, 10:38 PM
we all knew before any of the matches were announced in to the PPV was that they were heading everything down for a Cena v. Orton Wrestlemania

americasteam
02-08-2009, 12:20 AM
i agree w/ gladdy. i wont be buying this PPV this year. and i think the elimination chamber is one of the coolest events in WWE and the RAW match-up will simply make it suck.

booyahlaw
02-08-2009, 03:09 AM
The Smackdown one looks really good. Who else could Smackdown have added really? Agree with original poster, the Raw one is pathetic. Makes me begrudgingly wish for a TNA Raven's Chamber of Horrors match.

Sandbagger_300
02-08-2009, 08:15 AM
I used to be a huge wrestling fan, haven't watched in a while and it doesn't look like I'm missing much, I mean there are only so many ways you can put Cena, Triple H and other main card guys in the main event every week before it gets old.

The worst thing that happened was WCW going under, back in the mid to late 90's I couldn't wait to watch wrestling because I actually didn't know what was going to happen!

Same thing when Stone Cold and the Rock were there, wrestling has just been missing something for some time now.

duwal
02-16-2009, 04:08 PM
who could have seen that bit twist?? not going to spoil it for anyone but there were some surprises in both elimination matches. And the Orton v. Shane was good too

bigevil1985
02-16-2009, 04:42 PM
The PPV was just awesome. I loved the No way out. How sick was the monitor spot in the orton/shane match. Orton got gashed.

duwal
02-16-2009, 04:54 PM
I repeated that a couple times, but even more how about Mysterio going headfirst into the glass?

duwal

bigevil1985
02-16-2009, 05:04 PM
My buddies laughed and ground so loud when that happened.the look on Kane's face was PRICELESS!

gladdyontherise
02-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Well i think now it'll end up Orton going to Smackdown to Challenge HHH, and Cena vs Edge...again.

etmill01
02-16-2009, 08:41 PM
I just read this a little while ago on a wrestling news and rumour site but what was said the reason Edge dropped the title to HHH is that HHH is going to be put back on Raw to get involved in the Orton/McMahon storyline which will lead to a HHH/Orton title match at Wrestlemania..

Edge is going to take the title he won at the PPV last night and take it back to Smackdown...Thanks Ed

NyFanCam01
02-16-2009, 08:45 PM
well i hope HHH or edge are coming to raw!!

im a huge fan of both.

i'll be watching tonight!

booyahlaw
02-16-2009, 09:59 PM
I talked myself out of buying the PPV, but sounds both elimination chambers turned out pretty good. Nice twist with Edge "entering himself" into the Raw chamber.

NyFanCam01
02-16-2009, 10:03 PM
good to see edge on raw!!!
i hope he stays!

dirtydistance
02-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Edge is the TOP superstar in the WWE..

duwal
02-17-2009, 12:10 AM
My buddies laughed and ground so loud when that happened.the look on Kane's face was PRICELESS!

here's Rey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QokkdGVSQSY

duwal
02-17-2009, 12:15 AM
here's the highlights from Shane vs. Orton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXfAJ9JaC6Y

NyFanCam01
02-17-2009, 12:21 AM
WOW!! that RKO WAS SICK!!!

anyone see raw?!?!

HHH was Pissed! this is gonna get GOOD!

duwal
02-17-2009, 12:38 AM
its always a better RAW when Orton is there the final 15 minutes and there's no sight of Cena

duwal

NyFanCam01
02-17-2009, 12:42 AM
yea i agree. i like orton

but triple H is my favorite, so in this fued, im with HHH!

bigevil1985
02-17-2009, 01:48 AM
I dug it.

soldcold
02-22-2009, 04:40 AM
hate orton....he's like that unstable kid everyone hated in elementary....you know the one that got on your nerves.

duwal
02-22-2009, 04:50 AM
hate orton....he's like that unstable kid everyone hated in elementary....you know the one that got on your nerves.

that just means he's doing exactly what WWE wants him to do, thats the reason why they are giving him the push. Hardly anyone else on the WWE rosters that can be more believable than Orton