PDA

View Full Version : bron 3 color jersey patch #ed 1/1 graded gem mint!!!!! what a card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aiple
06-10-2004, 05:11 PM
i just recently got a lebron james 3 color jersey patch #ed 1/1 graded gem mint the other day i wanted to let everyone know and i am sooooo happy this card is unbelievable!!! the last 1/1 card sold on ebay for 30k!!! jus think of how much this 1 will be worth!!!! im keeping it though not trading it or selling it just wanted to let every1 no how much its worth...

sportscollector03
06-10-2004, 05:15 PM
Thats sweet! I wanna see...... Do you have a scan?

Luke

minew_m
06-10-2004, 05:16 PM
Wow, I would also like to see a scan. That must be some card!

aiple
06-10-2004, 05:18 PM
yea its an extremely hot card....i do not have a scan yet but trust me! i will get 1....

billsfan2006
06-10-2004, 05:21 PM
what company graded it?? and what card is it ??

aiple
06-10-2004, 05:28 PM
upperdeck and graded by ikon....i bought it from my sports store near my house

sportscollector03
06-10-2004, 05:30 PM
Well since its by ikon wich I never heard of I dont think it will be worth as much as the other that went for 30k......

Luke

billsfan2006
06-10-2004, 05:31 PM
o ok cool..

CP26
06-10-2004, 07:02 PM
Seems like a hot card there dude
Right on

aiple
06-10-2004, 08:12 PM
yea i no it wont go for 30k but it deff. will go for a couple thousand

MJacksonKBryant
06-10-2004, 08:33 PM
What card is it, like brand and year.

aiple
06-10-2004, 08:43 PM
2004 Upper Deck Phenomenal Beginning

envoy98
06-11-2004, 11:29 AM
I hate to burst your bubble, but the Ikon you are referring to, is Ikoncards on ebay. He stamps his own cards and has his own holders he uses to grade his own cards. My suggestion is to take the card back and get your money back. That 1/1 did not come from UD, he stamped it himself. In fact, fleer just ended one of his auctions for doing this to a Jim Thome. The thread is on the CU boards.

Let me guess, your card looks something like this
Lebron patch 1/1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16281&item=4134623091)

Check out this sellers other auctions too. Look at how many 1/1 he has. he is a fraud and will probably end up in prison.

john1170
06-11-2004, 11:35 AM
From the looks of this guys feedback he has tons of these Lebron James cards basically sticking a piece of a jersey on the card and having it graded by these joke companies. Why do people do this? I guess the better question is, why do people buy from these con artists?

envoy98
06-11-2004, 11:40 AM
Check out the description on this other one.

"I have some of these that were 1/1 stamped, but Upper Deck would not allow me to sell them on Ebay, kinda figure's!!. "

I wonder why?

Don't you also find it interesting that the company is called Ikon grading and all the cards are gem mint, and his user id is IkonCards? And look at how many 1/1's he has, does he just have a lot of luck? No, he makes them, which is why UD shut him down. So has Fleer. Also interesting he knows EXACTLY where the "patch piece" came from.

"this is a 5-color Patch piece taken from under neath the arm pit on the side of the Jersey, THERE IS ONLY FOUR SPOTS ON THE JERSEY WHERE YOU CAN GET THIS SAME FIVE COLORS, very rare piece "

I wonder how he knew that... oh because he cut it! It definitely is not a game worn jersey and I would even bet it's not a lebron jersey, it's probably a Kapono jersey he got from Foot Locker.

And last but not least, the patch is sitting on top of the card, sandwiched between the case and the card itself, it's not even attached.

I would take that card back and tell the shop owner, or whoever you bought/got it from that you want your money back and you want to see this card destroyed or you're calling the cops.

envoy98
06-11-2004, 11:41 AM
Oh.. FYI, here is the auction I took those descriptions from.

Lebron 5 clr patch Gem Mt 10 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16281&item=4134624613)

aiple
06-11-2004, 12:20 PM
this was his responce to envoy98's 1st post on this thread....

"OK, your lose if you believe what everyboby says, i do not have 8,000
positive transactions for nothing, i do create alot of buzz with my
card's, that's been going on for six years, IGS is a liscenced and
registered grading company here in Arizona, i have all of the info of
IGS"

so i do not know what to believe some1 else help me out please

john1170
06-11-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by aiple
this was his responce to envoy98's 1st post on this thread....

"OK, your lose if you believe what everyboby says, i do not have 8,000
positive transactions for nothing, i do create alot of buzz with my
card's, that's been going on for six years, IGS is a liscenced and
registered grading company here in Arizona, i have all of the info of
IGS"

so i do not know what to believe some1 else help me out please

aiple,

envoy has basically given you very good information. The one of one stamp is an after market stamp thus adding no value to the card. The jersey is most likely a replica that was cut up. Take a look at the sellers other auctions that ended for the same card. Why in the world would they go for $15-$20 if it was legit. Also, he has a ton of negative feedback. Hopefully you did not spend too much on the card. Either way, I would ask for a refund. Good Luck

envoy98
06-11-2004, 12:34 PM
The guy can't even spell. He's frustrated you found him out. What more can I tell you. This guy is a fraud, he's been talked about on the Beckett and PSA boards a half dozen times, and probably even on these boards.

Take my advice, and try to get a refund. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I HATE seeing people get ripped off like this, it completely disgusts me. I have a few sellers who hate me cuz I told their high bidders about their fake 52 Mantles and card trimmers and the fake Jordan & Gretzky rookies. Can't police them all, but hopefully you can get your money back. It's one less scam this guy will have pulled off.

Ask him why UD won't let him sell these as 1/1's anymore? Then ask where he got the GU jersey from when UD has exclusive rights to them. Believe me, if it was a real gu jersey, a) nobody would cut it up into pieces and b) they wouldn't sell it for $24 / 2x2 swatch.

bootydaddy
06-11-2004, 12:38 PM
And, did you really think you were getting a "several thousand dollar" card from right out under a dealer? What did you pay for this card anyway - $10? $15? I hope for your sake you didn't pay any more than that, but I would go right back to the dealer and get a refund, unless you like the card for what it is. Also, I would thank envoy98 for the help, before this turned out even worse for you.

envoy98
06-11-2004, 12:44 PM
I agree, if you like the card for what it is, then by all means keep it. Just be sure not to promote it as though it is a real 1/1 and GU patch to try and get "several thousand" in cash/trade for it, knowing now that it is not as advertised. That 's no better than a person buying a trimmed card in a PRO holder, cracking and resubmitting to BGS/PSA only to find out it's trimmed and sell it on ebay as a Mint raw card.

I hope you didn't pay too much for it, so that if the person you bought it from won't give you a refund, at least you aren't out much $$$.

GL

stalking_WOLF_21
06-11-2004, 01:07 PM
envoy98
man your good.

aiple
you live in az

envoy98
06-11-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by stalking_WOLF_21
envoy98
man your good.

LOL.

How So?

I hate seeing these scammers, and if I hadn't just seen this guy talked about on another board, I might not have even thought about it. But when the name Ikon came up, I knew who it had to be.

aiple
06-11-2004, 01:37 PM
no i live in fl

dajuan wagner
06-11-2004, 03:45 PM
the card is fake

aiple
06-11-2004, 08:40 PM
wagner how do you know....

Rockman
06-11-2004, 09:17 PM
I think everyone has pretty much come to the conclusion its fake, you really have no argument the way I see it................how much you buy the card for?

aiple
06-11-2004, 10:38 PM
didnt buy it yet =) but i was going to buy it for 40....

Rockman
06-11-2004, 10:55 PM
i just recently got a lebron james 3 color jersey patch #ed 1/1 graded gem mint the other day i wanted to let everyone know and i am sooooo happy this card is unbelievable!!! the last 1/1 card sold on ebay for 30k!!! jus think of how much this 1 will be worth!!!! im keeping it though not trading it or selling it just wanted to let every1 no how much its worth...

didnt buy it yet =) but i was going to buy it for 40....

ok.............................

Well I guess thats smart :s

envoy98
06-12-2004, 10:27 AM
So in other words, I gave you all this info, you haven't even bought the card yet, and you are STILL questioning what everyone on this board has told you?

Do what you want, I think it's been stated quite clearly the card is not as it is represented and it IS NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WORTH EVEN HALF OF THAT $40. In fact, some might say it's worth even less than the raw card because it's an aftermarket reproduction (see FAKE)

Whether you bought it or not (since we can't tell by your posts) doesn't really matter. The point is, you've been warned. Do what you want.

donprimo
07-14-2004, 04:17 PM
aiple - don't do it, this guy is scamming....its obvious! if you buy that card, i have some ocean front property for sale in arizona also!

Knight
07-14-2004, 07:17 PM
If you didn't buy it, DON'T BUY IT!!!!!!!!

Landek7
07-14-2004, 11:25 PM
I know im just repeating what everyone has said...

-But the card is worthless, fraudulent and ugly.

-If you havent already baught it, dont. Plain and simple.

I wouldnt pay $1 for it if you offered to sell it to me. Same with everyone else on this forum. If you tried to sell it for anything more, then you yourself would be a scam artist just like the guy who makes these cards.

notice "these" as in the card is NOT a 1/1 :explode: