PDA

View Full Version : Jaromir Jagr says Edmonton would be his first choice for return to NHL

Pheebs888
05-01-2009, 02:47 AM
The Canadian Press

KLOTEN, Switzerland - Jaromir Jagr can see himself in an Edmonton Oilers jersey someday.

While the 37-year-old plans to play out the final year of his contract with Avangard Omsk of the Continental Hockey League next season, he hasn't ruled out a return to the NHL in the future.

And if he does decide to go back to North America, he'd love to play for the team that offered him a free-agent contract last summer and made inquiries about his services during the season.

"I was pretty excited when I heard that Edmonton pushed pretty hard for me to get (there)," Jagr said Thursday at the IIHF World Hockey Championship. "I really appreciate it.

"If I ever go to (the NHL), they would be my No. 1 pick because they showed the interest first. I never forget that and I respect that. They would be my first pick."

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/25860-Jaromir-Jagr-says-Edmonton-would-be-his-first-choice-for-return-to-NHL.html

doniceage
05-01-2009, 03:15 AM
Well I would love to see him back if he still has something left in the tank. Definitely, could help out the Oilers if he did. I have to give him credit if he actually lived up to this statement.

DON

maradona
05-01-2009, 11:18 AM
IMHO it might be better if Jagr just stayed away. He's not getting any younger.

carmichaelpt
05-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Jagr would be an interesting piece of the puzzle there. If they have strong leadership in the room already, he could be a great fit for someone like a Gagner for sure.

Interesting comments to say the least.

Captngeetch
05-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Not gonna happen...he'll be playing in Czech after the Russian contract is up...

CSSports
05-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Jagr who?

Goose97
05-03-2009, 01:26 AM
Jagr in Edmonton eh? Well he may not be the same as he was ten years ago. If it would be worth it to make the few hours drive... Maybe. Am I excited? Slightly. Are my hopes up? No. Would I cheer for the Oilers? Well.... Dangit! no teasing here.

doniceage
05-03-2009, 02:13 AM
Jagr who?

How come I have the sneaking suspicion if the headlines read Jagr to L.A. you would be signing a different tune. :winking0071:

Don