PDA

View Full Version : Bowman Hinrich Auto RC Redemption Craptasticness

LeChuck
07-12-2004, 07:45 PM
So I got home today and found a bubble mailer in my mailbox. I open it up and immediately notice a pack of 03-04 Topps basketball, so I figure I finally received my Hinrich Bowman Auto RC. However, when I filtered through the rest of the bubble mailer I pulled out a Mike Dunleavy Finest Auto RC and a mystery card sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard. I read the enclosed letter and much to my dismay the Dunleavy was a substitution for my Hinrich. Not that good of a switch, but I still had the mystery card, right? I keep reading and find out that the mystery card is a Morris Peterson Relic (which turned out to be a Topps Pieces of Dream Relic). Obviously, I got hosed. So the question I pose is this: Can I return this crap to Topps and try to get something else that resembles the value of the Hinrich Bowman Auto? I want to know whether or not it would be a lost cause to raise a stink to Topps.

cgb_orl
07-15-2004, 09:27 AM
I hope so, because I will give them a call. I got messed over too. But my rookies were ryan humphrey and rigaudeau. What's even more funny is the letter said the redemption was for Rick Rickert, but had the correct card number. I would have been more satisfied with a bowman r&s auto, similar to the one I sent in. Some people got chromographs from 03-04 topps. Surely, they have some hinrich autos sitting around.

LeChuck
07-15-2004, 02:15 PM
Well I gave them a call and flat out asked them whether or not there was anything they could do about my crap substitutions and as I expected there wasn't. The person I talked to said that dealing with these sort of things on a one to one basis would be insane, which I expected and actually agree with. But it still sucks nevertheless. Since they send out the substitute cards with the intent on matching current Beckett values, she said that they might do something if you received a $10 card for something that books $40. So I'm screwed, but you may have a case against them. However, if they thought you were supposed to receive a Rickert then they probably thought they were giving you equal value. LMK how your situation turns out.

cgb_orl
07-15-2004, 06:44 PM
I forgot to call today, but I'll post an update.

cgb_orl
07-19-2004, 12:22 PM
Well, I called in and they asked me to send the cards back to them and we'll try to work something out from there. They couldn't promise anything, but apologized for not being able to deliver on the auto.

cardbuyer66
07-22-2004, 09:29 PM
LEChuck-that's really to bad on the Hinrich man. I would be mad too. Dunleavy Jr. could be a decent player in the near future

meuandthelot
07-23-2004, 03:12 PM
Aren't there several topps/Bowman cards "Un-available" I looked for the Hinrich to no avail*bummer* & heard/read about the Beasley.

Now It's a lottery within the lottery chase cards.....Not Good..imho

03/04 Bowman R&S #148 Hinrich & Bowman sigs. #106 Beasley

Sorry to hear about your cards...especially living in Bulls country.

cgb_orl
08-07-2004, 02:27 PM
Well, got through to the right person. They were able to substitute the Hinrich for a Bosh Bowman auto. So I'm a lot happier.

johnboy999
08-12-2004, 11:48 AM
Was it a Kirk Hinrich Signs of the Future Auto? If it is, that's strange because I pulled one from a pack (not a redemption).

bdrr
08-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Topps is horrible.

Well at least you got Dunleavey who at least has some potential rather that a "who?" player