PDA

View Full Version : Selling Cards..whats the scoop

Dminn23
07-16-2004, 07:50 PM
Okay....Tomorrow I'm going to buy a booth at a car show in my area. I haven't collected since I was younger and my collection lies thick between 1992-1996. I was just wondering what to expect. I have about 300 Michael Jordan Cards from that era. Do people usually go by Beckett price guides....and say the high column is 40 bucks...what will that card sell for in all likelyhood(given it is in mint condition). I've been out of the game so long and would like help from some of you experts. My main concern is will there be a market for cards from this era...or is it all about the new stuff.

podstock
07-16-2004, 09:07 PM
Hello,

I am not an expert...but I've been to a few card shows, and found out a few things:

1. dealers will not buy from you unless you have the hottest items (Lebron James and Carmelo, for instance) and you are willing to sell it at 15% or lower of the BV

In other words, if you've got hot cards and want to throw it away, they'll be happy to get them from you.

2. if you are looking to buy - you should be able to buy most cards at about 40%-50%

You shouldn't have to go higher than this - there's always other sites you can go onilne to buy the same card from,
like Ebay, naxcom.com, etc.

3. don't buy right away - go to all the tables, see what each has to offer, then get what you want later in the day

Dminn23
07-16-2004, 09:29 PM
I was speaking more from the perspective of selling cards. My goal is to get a lot of these cards off of my hands to fund some other things.