PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think can beat Anderson Silva

BGeiger21
08-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Right now, I have no idea who can come close, but if I were to put money on anyone in his weight classes it would be Lyoto Machida.. That is the only guy I can think of.. It has to be some one quick and strong.

jamesrud7380
08-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Right now, I have no idea who can come close, but if I were to put money on anyone in his weight classes it would be Lyoto Machida.. That is the only guy I can think of.. It has to be some one quick and strong.

I would love to see Anderson Silva vs. Machida. It'd be nice to see GSP move up a weight class to fight Silva as well.

KTKRUKO44
08-09-2009, 12:40 PM
it was funny to see the difference in opinions in the post fight conference. someone asked about machida vs silva and dana said it would happen if silva ran through more LHs and silva said that he wouldnt fight machida, obviously because he trains with him.

BGeiger21
08-09-2009, 12:55 PM
I would love to see Anderson Silva vs. Machida. It'd be nice to see GSP move up a weight class to fight Silva as well.

I think that he would have the talent, but Silva is just bigger and stonger.

BGeiger21
08-09-2009, 12:55 PM
it was funny to see the difference in opinions in the post fight conference. someone asked about machida vs silva and dana said it would happen if silva ran through more LHs and silva said that he wouldnt fight machida, obviously because he trains with him.

That was one of my reasons why he would probably be the only one that I can think that would know some of his flaws if any!!

BGeiger21
08-09-2009, 12:56 PM
If Daniel Maia can win next month, that could be interesting, but he would have to get Silva to the ground which will be really hard to do.

royhibbertman
08-09-2009, 01:10 PM
I want to see Nate the Great Fight him at Middleweight

KTKRUKO44
08-09-2009, 01:31 PM
I want to see Nate the Great Fight him at Middleweight
I suppose he might be better now but he got TKOd by him back in UFC 73

caltek3
08-09-2009, 01:31 PM
first its damien maia and second nate the great fought silva and didnt look great at all.

JesRey
08-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Maybe Brock Lesnar???

jk

I don't think anyone can beat Silva right now

hector234
08-09-2009, 05:57 PM
If Daniel Maia can win next month, that could be interesting, but he would have to get Silva to the ground which will be really hard to do.

it would be like Thales Leites vs Anderson Silva 2

hector234
08-09-2009, 05:58 PM
I think Vitor Belfort can give Anderson a good fight, his hand speed is as good, if not better than Anderson.

BGeiger21
08-09-2009, 09:10 PM
I think Vitor Belfort can give Anderson a good fight, his hand speed is as good, if not better than Anderson.

Belfort will still have to beat Franklin. Silva is my favorite and would not mind going undefeated in the UFC until he retires, but would be very suprised if someone does. Maybe a Henderson/Silva rematch? I doubt it.

hector234
08-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Belfort will still have to beat Franklin. Silva is my favorite and would not mind going undefeated in the UFC until he retires, but would be very suprised if someone does. Maybe a Henderson/Silva rematch? I doubt it.

That his Anderson's next title defense. Im hoping my boy Hendo can pull it off

mattf
08-09-2009, 10:46 PM
I don't know who would win, but i'd be willing to put up a 2nd mortgage on GSP taking Silva down & laying on some ground & pound. St-Pierre would be able to take Silva down but Silva would use his knees to try & take out GSP. It would be a great fight. Would love to see Silva vs GSP or Machida. Any combination of those 3 guys would be awesome.

windmortal
08-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Dan Henderson can beat Silva. He had a chance before and failed, but he is probably the only one right now that could pull it off. Maia couldn't get him on the ground, won't fight Machida. I don't think Wandy would have it in him. Don't know ...

He's a tough SOB

I think though, if anyone could do it, it would be Hendo.

We'll see. I kind of like the idea of him just giving up the MW strap and fighting for awhile in the LHW division. He said he doesn't care about the title. There could be some great match-ups there.

phillies24
08-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Gsp next fight is against anderson silva if anyone watched ufc 100 you would have heard gsp say after he beat up the thiago he is taking some time off to put on another 10 or 15 pnds to fight silva. He didnt come out directly and say he basically said it in a round about way that silva is his next fight. That is if my boy hendo doesnt knock silva's chin off. If anyone can remember hendo was winning the fight until he made a mistake and got caught in the rear naked choke. Hendo next mw champ

BGeiger21
08-10-2009, 04:25 PM
That his Anderson's next title defense. Im hoping my boy Hendo can pull it off

I think that will be a good fight, but Anderson will stay away from his clinch. I think Anderson knows better now.. You never know.. Miguel Torres got knocked out last night by Bowles. That was nuts.. Bowles looks and fights just like Mike Brown.. They must be brothers!! LOL.. J/K..

BGeiger21
08-10-2009, 04:26 PM
I don't know who would win, but i'd be willing to put up a 2nd mortgage on GSP taking Silva down & laying on some ground & pound. St-Pierre would be able to take Silva down but Silva would use his knees to try & take out GSP. It would be a great fight. Would love to see Silva vs GSP or Machida. Any combination of those 3 guys would be awesome.

I would love to see that fight, but I don't see GSP overpowering Silva.. I think the only guy that can beat him will be someone that is in LHW division..

BGeiger21
08-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Dan Henderson can beat Silva. He had a chance before and failed, but he is probably the only one right now that could pull it off. Maia couldn't get him on the ground, won't fight Machida. I don't think Wandy would have it in him. Don't know ...

He's a tough SOB

I think though, if anyone could do it, it would be Hendo.

We'll see. I kind of like the idea of him just giving up the MW strap and fighting for awhile in the LHW division. He said he doesn't care about the title. There could be some great match-ups there.

That is a possibility.. Hendo has fought in LHW division before.. I think the only individual that can beat him will have to be big, strong and quick/fast. I fealt really bad for Forrest.. He looked sooo slow against Silva.. I really did not think he was a good matchup anyway.. I think that Rashad would have been a better matchup.. A quicker guy.

BGeiger21
08-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Gsp next fight is against anderson silva if anyone watched ufc 100 you would have heard gsp say after he beat up the thiago he is taking some time off to put on another 10 or 15 pnds to fight silva. He didnt come out directly and say he basically said it in a round about way that silva is his next fight. That is if my boy hendo doesnt knock silva's chin off. If anyone can remember hendo was winning the fight until he made a mistake and got caught in the rear naked choke. Hendo next mw champ

Will that make him slower though?? Look at BJ when he went up to middle.. He was not himself.. He worked/owned Kenny when he dropped back down.. I love Hendo, but Anderson has been my favorite for a long time, but if I wanted someone to beat him, it would be Hendo..

NyFanCam01
08-10-2009, 04:32 PM
SILVA Owns.

he cant be beat right now...

swats
08-10-2009, 04:44 PM
I could take him

....if he was hit by a bus beforehand

tboculosis
08-10-2009, 05:08 PM
How about bringing in Cung Le from Strikeforce to take on Anderson Silva. Should be a good fight in the middleweight division. Of course, it won't happen because both are signed to their exclusive organizations, but one can only dream.

BGeiger21
08-10-2009, 05:30 PM
SILVA Owns.

he cant be beat right now...

I think you are right!

BGeiger21
08-10-2009, 05:30 PM
I could take him

....if he was hit by a bus beforehand

I still would get my tail kicked!!

BGeiger21
08-10-2009, 05:31 PM
How about bringing in Cung Le from Strikeforce to take on Anderson Silva. Should be a good fight in the middleweight division. Of course, it won't happen because both are signed to their exclusive organizations, but one can only dream.

I dont think Cung would have a chance against Silva (IMO).

hector234
08-10-2009, 06:46 PM

You mean the Cung Le that hasn't fought in over a year? Besides, he doesn't want to fight, he wants to be an actor now.

kobe847
08-10-2009, 06:49 PM
shaquille o'neal

;)

BravesFan4Life
08-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Its going to take a wrestler to be able to beat him. Hendo had the right gameplan but got caught. GSP is an insane wrestler, is as fast as Anderson but its the size difference that could cause problems. I say let Hendo have one more shot, then Silva can fight the winner of Maia and Marquardt. Thats, of couse, unless Silva decides to drop the MW Title and move up to LHW permanently.

BGeiger21
08-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Its going to take a wrestler to be able to beat him. Hendo had the right gameplan but got caught. GSP is an insane wrestler, is as fast as Anderson but its the size difference that could cause problems. I say let Hendo have one more shot, then Silva can fight the winner of Maia and Marquardt. Thats, of couse, unless Silva decides to drop the MW Title and move up to LHW permanently.

I dont think he minds flip flopping.. If he knows he can dominate both, that would be great for his legacy!

mkygod
08-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Lyoto Machida, but that's probably not going to happen because they train together.

But aside from that, I will say Georges St. Pierre if he decides to move up.

Also great heavy wrestler like Brock Lesnar, or heavy striker like Crocop, but ofc thats both heavyweight, so its ridiculous.

hector234
08-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Lyoto Machida, but that's probably not going to happen because they train together.

But aside from that, I will say Georges St. Pierre if he decides to move up.

Also great heavy wrestler like Brock Lesnar, or heavy striker like Crocop, but ofc thats both heavyweight, so its ridiculous.

Cro Cop is a small heavyweight figher, he COULD drop to 205.

Rayzorsports
08-11-2009, 06:57 PM
The only person that can beat him is His own self!!

BGeiger21
08-12-2009, 12:17 AM
The only person that can beat him is His own self!!

True, true..

Quadracer660
08-12-2009, 12:31 AM
I think he is going to move up to 205 and give up his belt at 170. his current contract will keep on going if he is the Champ. so he fights at 205 and then he can go fight Roy Jones Jr. and get his *** kicked then come back to the UFC and retake the belt at 170. He will not fight Machida they are friends. I think the day will come and a 205 fighter will get a KO on him, **** Matt Sera did it to GSP. But at 170 no one can touch him. I dont think GSP could take him that is too much weight to overcome.

MMAfan3048
08-12-2009, 09:27 AM
I think he is going to move up to 205 and give up his belt at 170. his current contract will keep on going if he is the Champ. so he fights at 205 and then he can go fight Roy Jones Jr. and get his *** kicked then come back to the UFC and retake the belt at 170. He will not fight Machida they are friends. I think the day will come and a 205 fighter will get a KO on him, **** Matt Sera did it to GSP. But at 170 no one can touch him. I dont think GSP could take him that is too much weight to overcome.
i think GSP could beat silva but silva would have a reach advantage and with his striking skills would probly out strike gsp, but i think gsp would have no problem takin him down and either submit him early b4 they r all slippery or grind him out with ground and pound.:boxing: