PDA

View Full Version : Weird Mailday

LeChuck
10-23-2004, 03:11 AM
So I come home from work today, sort through the mail, and find an envelope from Fleer. Now there's a couple of things this could be. It could be an NPN or I have a Parker auto redemption and two Chandler auto redemptions I'm waiting for. So I open it up a find a 01 - 02 HHP Joe Johnson Certified Cuts... odd. Obviously a redemption substitute, but for what? I read the enclosed letter to my surprise the Johnson is a substitute for a 02 - 03 Authentix Ripped Kwame Brown auto redemption that I sent back in March... of 2003! I had written that off a long time ago. I figured they never got it or they were just incompetent. Not to mention that when I called Fleer a month ago on the status of the three above mentioned redemptions the woman didn't bring up that they actually had the Kwame in their system. Needless to say I was pleasently surprised, particularly since the Johnson books 3X the Kwame. Fleer is definitely goofy when it comes to redemptions. 19 months... better late than never, I guess.

mfweiland
10-23-2004, 06:37 AM
Thats awesome. Those certified cut autos are some of the best of all time in my opinion congrats. I have seen a few of the johnson springing up around various markets which I thought was weird since I rarely see these cards for sell. Maybe fleer is finally putting more in the market

minew_m
10-23-2004, 08:47 AM
Congrats on getting that Johnson. I coudln't imagine waiting 19 months though. That's the reason I don't like redemptions.